Three

Only For A While
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Be a man!" 

Yul opened his eyes. He glanced at the clock. It was 4 in the morning. Yul sat up and heaved a sigh. He felt sore all over even though he went to sleep early last night. He took his phone and looked at the picture he used as his wallpaper. It's him and Sooyeon at the bingsu shop. He put his phone away and got ready for work. 

Yul arrived early that day. He set up his work table and started working. It was when his friends asked him to lunch that he realized he has worked nonstop. He declined the lunch and took a break by going to the pantry. Yul stared at the coffee machine as the machine made his latte. 

Drinking his latte, Yul sat down on the bench by the rest area on the rooftop of the building. He took his phone out and looked at his wallpaper. 

'Can we get a picture?' Sooyeon asked.

'Sure.' Yul snapped as picture of them with the bingsu.

'Send me the picture later.' Sooyeon said and Yul nodded.

Yul opened the file gallery on his phone. He selected all of Sooyeon's pictures and hit delete. Yul then deleted Sooyeon's number and chat they shared. It was then 2 weeks after their confrontation. Yul kept his phone in his pocket and drank the coffee.

Two weeks after Sooyeon's confrontation, Yul saw Miyoung with another man at a club. Sooyoung even told Yul what Miyoung and that man did priorly. Yul laughed at himself and finished his latte before continuing his work.

//

Yul looked out the bus as he took the last bus from his office that night. As the bus stop, Yul didn't pay attention at all. He stared out to the night sky, mending his feelings. Then he glanced and saw Sooyeon standing not far from him. As all the seats were taken, she stood with some other passengers. Yul felt stuffy. He looked out the window again, minding his business. As the bus stopped at Daewon, Yul paid a secret glance at Sooyeon who got off the bus and started walking to the dark alley. He stared at Sooyeon until she disappeared from his view. 

//

It was Friday night. Yul was the last one to leave his office. He looked at the busy streets. People has come out for drinks as it was Friday. Yul looked around before he started walking to a ddubokki stall that he preferred. Yul arrived at the stall and ordered one serving to eat. He sat down at an empty table and waited for his order. As the order came, Yul was taken aback to see Sooyeon with a man arriving at the stall, waiting for the ajumma to take their order.

He looked down and started eating. He could hear how the man said he will follow whatever Sooyeon ordered. Yul was glad when Sooyeon and the man sat far away from him. He quickly ate his meal and paid before walking the opposite direction. Yul hid behind a wall and took a deep breath. He didn't understand why he was so scared to see Sooyeon. Why was he so anxious to see her. Yul slapped his own face and took a deep breath. He punched his chest before he walked to his home.

//

2 years later...

"Mr. Kwon, about the meeting with Forth Inc. today, it will be held in meeting room 5."

"Noted." Yul said to the company secretary.

It has been a year and a half since Yul started his new job in Daegu. He was promoted to the project manager position and even received perks in terms of company's car and apartment. Yul thought it was time for him to try and be independent. His parents allowed him to move out and so he started to live alone. Everything was fine and Yul was occupied with his work.

Yul took his notebook and went to meeting room 5. He waited in the room and stood when the door opened. The company secretary gave way to the woman behind her. Yul and the woman shared a stare.

//

"So, our company is expecting a boost in terms of the project duration. If you can somehow make it faster. Shorter than 2 years. Because we are expecting a surge of investment from the middle east in this project."

"Well, I will see what we can do, and I will get back at you with the info because as I mentioned to Mr. Kim in the last meeting, 4 years are reasonable, considering this is a new area. Undeveloped. There are a lot of things they need to do before they even start the construction."

"Yeah, he told me that but-"

"I will look into that matter asap and advice you." 

"Good. So, I think that is it."

"Yes, about that, it has been compulsory for this meeting to end with a trip to the cafe downstairs. Care to join?" Yul said as Sooyeon stood and gathered her stuff.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter