4. Appointment

Apricity || Changlix
Please log in to read the full chapter

4. Appointment

 

As it was already late in the evening, Felix and the two others wished each other good night and they retired to their own rooms.

 

The room looks really good for it being a personal servant quarter. It has the same vibes as the whole castle with the soft toned and warm atmosphere. Necessities are already prepared for them like Bang Chan said, he quickly glanced at the stuff and could tell that it's actually pretty good products. He supposed living in the castle whether you're royalty or not does mean you have it better than common folks.

 

Felix settled down on the soft white bed and took in the situation.

 

Not long ago he became an orphan with his life barely in tact. He got fostered by the kind Lee family and now his life has floated along and reach the royal palace purely by chance.

 

I guess this is home for now. He sighs.

 

His hand instinctively reached up to the necklace hanging from his neck, this action has grown into a habit over these past months. The pure white jade pendant in the shape of a sun is always hidden inside his shirt.

 

"You wouldn't believe where I am right now, mom, dad." Felix muttered to the object

 

"I won't let everyone die in vain. Now that I'm here, I'll bring the truth to light. Please wait for me."

 

Felix stopped his running thoughts and get ready for bed. As he was about to go to sleep, a memory resurfaced in his mind.

 

🌼

 

It was a very nice day. The spring has well settled in after winter passed and the nature flourish beautifully.

 

In his room, he was trying on some clothes. He looked in the mirror and his reflection smiling back at him brightly, face full of vigor and warmth. The set of clothing he's wearing is relatively simple and made out of inexpensive fabrics.

 

By his side, a boy his age stared at him. It was Jung Jin. His face full of curiosity "Lixie, why are we doing this?"

 

"I begged dad to bring us along with him to the palace today." He explained excitedly "Since I don't want anyone to know that I'm his son, we're going to dress up as his servant instead. No one will remember a face of a servant."

 

Felix twirled around slightly earning a chuckle from Jung Jin.

 

"You are absolutely weird." Jung Jin told him as he helped him settle down and neatly tucked his clothes in properly "Do you know how much all those young masters want to be acquainted with the princes? Yet here you are, avoiding everyone like a plague. I doubt anyone even know that you're the young master of this house."

 

"Well, isn't it much easier that way? No one know who I am so when they're nice to me that means they're nice!" Felix giggled 

 

"Whatever" Jung Jin smiled sweetly 

 

🌼

 

It felt like it happened once upon a beautiful dream so far away, an unreachable wonderland. Felix turned to look at the mirror near him and the person staring back doesn't quite have the same warmth. His face now pale and freckles scattering on it is a prominent contrast from the skin underneath, it felt like the life is not quite there.

 

He turned away from the mirror, not wanting to see his own state anymore. He laid down on the bed and sighs in comfort. His mind wandering off to the sweet memories of the past and soon sleep took over his consciousness.

 

For once ever since that day, Felix woke up early feeling content from a long dream of beautiful memories.

 

"Good morning!" Jisung greets as Felix got out of his room.

 

"Good morning." He returned the pleasantries

 

Beside Jisung, Jeongin is also there, greeting him warmly as well. Bang Chan leaned on the wall patiently, his face has a soft smile on. It seems everyone has been waiting for him.

 

"Are you ready?" Bang Chan asked

 

"As ready as one can be, I guess." He shrugged 

 

The older guard laughs "Alright, let us go."

 

The three of them followed Bang Chan closely, going pass a couple corridors. Along the way, many maids and servants stopped and looked at them curiously, some even jealously perhaps.

 

He leads them to a very beautiful and elegant royal dining hall. Inside there's only a couple of people currently having breakfast. Three handsome youth sat close to each other, chatting among themselves as they eat. Even though what they're doing is pretty mundane, from the way they behave to the way they dress suggest nothing less than high-class. Felix was sure that if you were to sell him you still wouldn't even be able to buy half a yard of what they're wearing right now.

 

When they entered, everyone perks up.

 

"Channie hy-"

 

The one sitting at the left among the three princes enthusiastically called out but before he could finish his sentence, a guy in uniform behind him cleared his throat loudly. He seems to remembered something and uneasily tucked his long strawberry blonde lock behind his ear.

 

"Uh..." The long-haired youth cleared his throat awkwardly "Good morning, Bang Chan."

 

"Greeting your highness."

 

Bang Chan bowed respectfully and the rest of them followed suit. From the time the three of them got there and greeted the princes they didn't dare to lift their head randomly. Felix tries to see the princes sneakily. Jisung looks at his feet as he his hand get fidgety. Jeongin only sneak a look at Bang Chan to see if the older guard will tell them what to do next.

 

"These are the individuals, we've picked out."

 

"You can look up. Let me see what you look like."

 

The same voice of the Third prince talked again. With the permission, they looked up and was struck amazed by the three princes.

 

The first one on the right looks at them silently, exude the aura of mystery. His features were gentle like he just popped out of a painting yet his aura is mysterious and distant making you feel like he's untouchable.

 

The second one sat proudly at the center, looking at them interestingly without a word as well. His features are a lot sharper that the others. The way he carried himself gives him confidence and the power and the authority. Felix looks at the prince curiously.

Last but not least, the one that has been doing all the talking so far. He smiled at them happily and curiously looks between the three of them. His long hair compliment his features extremely well. The prince could be described as both handsome and beautiful at the same time.

The prince looks at him and asked "What's your name?"

"Lee Felix"

 

"Felix, I like the way you look. You'd make a gorgeous drawing model, what do you think?"

 

Felix could only stare dumbly and speechless, not sure what he was supposed to say to that. He awkwardly glance over to Bang Chan. The man ran his hand through his hair looking almost as awkward as Felix is.

 

"Ahem, your highness." The guy standing behind him cleared his throat again

 

The prince glance back to the guy, clearly looking annoyed. They whispered among themselves, looking like they were bickering at some point and seems to have forgotten about Felix. He felt relief at that. Bang Chan cleared his throat.

 

"Anyways, please choose among them. I picked them out myself, they are fit to assist you."

 

"Whatever, you choose then." The long haired prince exclaimed at his guard with a pout 

 

The guy stepped up from behind the prince and bowed respectfully. He looks quite young as well with a set of puppy eyes, but his expression is blank and betrayed nothing. He looked at the other two prince and asked for permission.

 

"May I?"

 

"Go ahead." The prince on the right nodded

 

The boy circled them as he look them up and down in evaluations. After a bit he stopped in front of Jeongin.

 

"What's your name?"

 

Jeongin visibly tense "Yang Jeongin"

 

"I'd like you to work under the third prince, would you?" The young guy asked

 

Jeongin nodded and quickly bow to the long-haired prince "Yes, your highness."

 

"First prince, what do you think?" Bang Chan asks

 

"Crown Prince can choose first, I'm fine." The First Prince replied softly

 

The First Prince turns out to be the one that has been staring at them silently thus far while the one in the middle turned out to be the crown prince.

 

From what he could remember learning from his father about the royal family was pretty vague. He knows that the three princes are in fact cousins. The Crown Prince is the only child of the emperor with the empress while the first prince is the son of the emperor's older sister as the third prince is his younger sister's. There's supposed to be more extended relatives like more princes and an uncle or something but he couldn't remember clearly.

 

"You in the middle, Felix wasn't it?"

 

A raspy voice pulled him out of his thoughts. He looks back at the voice and realized that it was the Crown Prince asking him. He nodded lightly, suddenly felt his mouth turning dry.

 

Please log in to read the full chapter