1. Tragedy

Apricity || Changlix
Please log in to read the full chapter

1. Tragedy

 

General Lee's manor laid in the large land of the city outskirts with its gate tall and strong, each courtyards within void of any lights as every residence in the manor is left in their hibernation for the night. The manor basked in the cold winter night like a maze in the depth of the freezing wind as it blows in various frenzied directions shifting along the falling snow storm with it, piling the cold specks on the ground thicker and thicker creating a vast blanket of fluffy white snow covering everything in sight, making the place looks almost deserted.

 

Once people reached the outskirts of the city, instead of building structures and shops, the further one ventures the scenery slowly fades into a growing thickening luscious forest that seems to have lost its liveliness in the frigid weather the further. One could vaguely see the general's manor from the edge of the forest and as of now the lifeless looking forest has some torches light shining rather dully against the heavy foggy snowfall. The lights is enough to show many soldiers dawning their full uniform standing still in rows as if they're immune to the weather and among them is the general, a man sitting on a tall strong horse white as snow has a solemn expression.

 

"Go" with just a word from the general, everyone readily marches toward the manor.

 

❄️

 

Inside one of the courtyards, laid a youth in slumber under thick luxuriously made blankets as the big heater stove is on not so far away from his bed which exude the warmth against the freezing wind on the outside. The youth looks to be slim, a plump heart shape lip soft and pinkish, he has a slightly longer dark brown hair as his long bangs has grown out slightly starting to get in his sight, his soft supple skin though light in color has a hint of warmness to it like a radiant sun with freckles scattering on his face like speckles of stars in a constellation.

 

His eyes flew open abruptly and his gaze wanders around the dark room aimlessly. The youth sigh in discontent as he stayed still on the bed somehow feeling wide awake in the middle of the night. After a while, he grunt and got up to pour himself a cup of warm water and just as he was drinking the warm calming substance, a noise made him pause.

 

He couldn't tell what the noise was beside seeming like it came from the front of the house which he wondered who could have been making such noise at this time.

 

He grabbed his outer robe and fasten it on then get out of his room to the main hall.

 

He also wasn't sure why he decided to go look himself either. Walking along the dark hallway, he felt his heart is unrest like a premonition but he couldn't tell what it could be. Once he reached the main hall, he could see some maid servants has woken up as well and the hall now is dimly lit by some candles. They tried to bow to him but he waved them off while focusing on the noise that he determined was from the outside.

 

A loud thud sound echoed from the front gate making his heart jumped in his chest and his mind slowly fell into a turmoil.

 

Everyone in the house can clearly hear the sound from the outside. The marching footsteps and the sound of the armors is a clear tell as to who is there which made everyone glance at each other nervously. There's only a little noise like someone was arguing but soon it was replaced by sounds of blades cutting through flesh and screams that could only describe as agonizing, making everyone felt their hairs stands on ends.

 

"Lixie," A soft voice called, managing to sooth his fear even though the owner sounds just as frightened.

 

He was engulfed in a tight hug from his mother, the madam of the house, as her palm rubs softly on his hair calming him down. Another pair of arms also engulfed the both of them in a short tight hug before letting go and surely his father appeared next to them with a complicated expression and his brows knit tightly in a frown.

 

"Someone is outside, they have soldiers," he told them in a hollow voice

 

His father walked towards the front door in which it slammed open instantly from being kicked by someone. A blast of cold air whipped in and in front of the house indeed has rows of soldiers standing menacingly as each and everyone of them carry a stoic expression.

 

An arrow shot his father in an instant!

 

"Dad!" He froze in place

 

"Husband!"

 

His mother yelled and rushed toward his father. She propped up her husband in her embrace. His father's face is now pale and doesn't have the usual calm but strictness to it. His white garment now has a red stain of blood from his wound seeping out slowly dying the fabric more and more. His mother cried woefully.

 

The people from the inside could now clearly see the front yard of the house. The front gate is closed tightly secured with a large blockage and beside the soldiers and the general sitting on a horse, the next thing that caught people's eyes were the dead bodies laid messily on the ground. The familiar faces now bloodied with wounds scattered on them vividly enough for everyone to able to visualize every cuts and slash on them. The pure white snow like a thick blanket on the ground where they laid now is dyed deep eerie red contrasting to the pale faces of the deceased undoubtedly made everyone felt a shiver up their spine.

 

"General Dong! What's the meaning of this?!" His father yelled out in anger and pain

 

"Immediate decree, General Lee, his family and all of his followers, conspired with foreign kingdom to overthrow the dynasty, therefore they are guilty of treason! Punishment to wipe out the Lee clan!"

 

The general announced and immediately he unshiel

Please log in to read the full chapter