After-shock

Love Brought Us Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seohyun

"WHAT?!" I shrieked and Mrs Jung seemed a bit shocked but she regained herself quickly. "You must marry---" she started to say before I cut her off. "No, I understand the sentence but I don't understand WHY?"

"Mmm...I thought you were a smart girl but I was wrong." Mrs Jung mused. "Obviously, to pay for your father's operation. Surely, you didn't expect me to help you for free, right?"

"But why me?" I couldn't help but asked. "I'm just a poor girl who has no status what so ever!" I am very confused by Mrs Jung's decision.

"You are right. You are neither rich nor has a status but compared to those struck-up rich girls whom my son dates, you are much better." Mrs Jung told me. "You are devoted to your family and cares for them too. You do not care for money or status. Unlike those girls who are probably fortune hunters!" She glared at her son at this point.

"Mother, how many times must I say this? They are not fortune hunters." the young man said, exasperated. "They are and you know it. Seohyun is much more better than them." Mrs Jung snapped. "You are better off married to her."

"But, I don't want to marry him." I protested and Mrs Jung froze. "What did you say? How can you not want to marry my son?"

Oops. "It's not that he's a bad person or anything, it's just that I loved---" I started to explained but Mrs Jung shouted over me. "My son is one of the richest man in Seoul and you should be thanking your lucky stars that you are marrying him! I don't care if you like him or not! You must marry him or I won't pay a cent!"

She's right. I have to marry him or else...I looked at my parents who was quiet all the while. I could see that they didn't want me to marry someone I didn't know but if I don't...Dad will die. I'm so confused! I love Kyuhyun and I don't want to marry Mrs Jung's son! But if I don't, Dad can't

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter