Chapter 6

You Can Call Me TaeJun

 

You were sitting on a roof top looking out onto the city skyline, the wind blew pushing the hair out of your face. You took a deep breath inhaling the fresh air, you felt someone put their arms around you from behind protectively. When you looked over at the person you couldn't see their face, all you could feel was the warmth coming from this mysterious person. He grabbed your hand in his and intertwined his fingers with yours, although you didn't know who this person was you felt safe and relaxed. He rested his head on your shoulder and looked out at the blinking lights in the distance. It felt like everything was at peace. You closed your eyes and a smile spread across your face, as you leaned your head on his you drifted off to sleep.

 

You woke up and gasped loudly and you felt a sharp pain in your left side, you grabbed the sore area with your left hand and began to breath deeply to try and calm the pain. The pain subsided and you began to study your surroundings. The room wasn't very large but it had three other beds in it along with the one you were lying on. You felt a gentle squeeze on your right shoulder and you looked to over to see Shinwoo sitting on a chair beside the bed.

Your up.” He smiled lightly. You were still a little disoriented and confused by what was going on,

Uh, what happened?” You asked and looked at him curiously, waiting for his response.

Lets see, I was walking back to my dorm when in the middle of a bunch of fruit I see you passed out and I guess you landed on an apple or something and bruised you side. Apparently your blood sugar was low, care to explain?” He raised an eye brow at you.

Hehe, well you see yesterday I was so busy trying to stay alive that I, kinda, sort of, skipped dinner and then this morning I was running errands so I didn't eat breakfast yet.” You looked away embarrassed by your lame explanation.

He chuckled and looked at his watch, “Since its only 8 do you want to get some breakfast?”

Yeah sure, now that you mention it I'm starving!” You put your hands on your stomach and pouted.

He laughed again and ruffled your hair making you duck you head a little.

You guys went to a café on campus, and after you ate you both walked back to your dorms.

What classes do you have today?” He asked as you walked.

I have singing at 12, piano at 1, and a composition and lyric writing workshop at 3. I also heard there's going to be a rap session there along with the lyric writing, so that might be fun.” You weren't really into rap but you still thought it was cool how some people could come up with lyrics on the spot.

I have the the same workshop at 3. And not to sound rude but, I don't really see you as the rapping type.”

You crossed your arms and stopped walking, “And why not?”

Firstly your not really intimidating, secondly your voice is kind of high pitched, and thirdly you're a little scrawny.” He listed.

Hey! What does my size have to do with rapping! Psh, not every one is a giant like you. And By the way your not exactly that scary either, you look about as scary as a.........rabbit!” You taunted, “Yes, that's exactly what you are. A harmless little old bunny rabbit.”

Whoa, calm down I was just pointing out a fact. I never said it had anything to do with your possible rapping abilities.” He held his hands up in defence. “And how would you know how well I can rap? You've only known me for two days including today, and on both occasions I was saving your .”

True enough I guess, sorry about the whole rabbit thing. I got sort of carried away.” You rubbed your arm awkwardly.

He shrugged and waved it off, “Don't worry about it I get that all the time. See,” He smiled widely exposing his slight rabbit teeth, which was pretty cute although you couldn't say it.

You were going to laugh but instead a sneeze came out and you cursed Baro mentally.

Soon you arrived at your dorm, you thanked him for breakfast and went into the room closing the door behind you with a smile.

Where the hell have you been and why are you hitting on my hyung?” You saw Baro standing with is arms crossed, and he was sending you death glares.

Your smile disappeared “I wasn't 'hitting on your hyung' and what difference would it make I'm supposed to be a guy. And for your information I was in the infirmary because my blood sugar was low, not to mention because of your little splash attack this morning. That mixed with the low blood sugar resulted in me fainting outside the door, but you wouldn't have known because you were in here sleeping.” Before you got too angry you took a deep breath, closed your eyes and counted to ten then released it. This was a technique your mom had taught you for when you were angry at someone, she said that it would make them angry too if you yelled at them.

What do you mean your blood sugar was low? Are you diabetic or something?” He asked almost sounding worried.

No, I didn't eat dinner yesterday so I became really weak. ” You explained leaving out the part about hiding from him yesterday, you didn't want to give him the satisfaction of knowing you were scared of him.

Huh, you're a real idiot you know that. So where is my food?” He said returning to himself again.

In the hall.” You said simply and walked to the bathroom, leaving him with a confused look on his face.

He walked out of the door only to step on a banana with his bare foot, it came oozing out onto the floor and his foot. He lifted his foot up but lost his balance and fell onto the floor right on top of the squished banana.

AGGGHHHHHHHH” You could hear him screaming from the bathroom and cracked up.

Maybe this wont be so bad. You thought about your breakfast with Shinwoo and smiled.