Chapter 7

You Can Call Me TaeJun

 

 

It's been a couple of weeks now since I've started going to school here, and since I started working as Baro's slave maid, nope slave is the only way to describe our arrangement. Man, that guy is a real -hole! Everyday I wake up early clean the dorm, do his laundry, and make breakfast. At least he never asks me to go buy his food any more.

 

So after classes I go and work for Mrs. Cha at the grocery store. Mrs. Cha was the lady that helped me out when I forgot my wallet. I honestly think that's the best part of my day, sure I have to do a little work but for the most part its just peaceful...although it can get a bit boring at times. Plus Mrs. Cha is the best! And she's really quite sneaky...The first day I came to work for her she gave me the female store uniform, and when I tried to clear it up she just gave me a sly smile. Which brings me to the next reason why I love working there: I don't have to be a boy! Since everyone from the university goes to the bigger super market down the road, I don't have to worry about being caught. But just to be sure I keep my hair extensions in and for added security a little make-up.

 

Taeyun! Can you help me out with this box?” Mrs. Cha called from the back room.

Neh! Coming!” I rushed over and grabbed the box from her and placed it where she told me.

Ah, thank you Yuni. I know its hard working here and being the only employee.”

Aniyo, working here gives me something interesting to do.” I gave her a reassuring smile, even though in reality working here wasn't all that glamorous.

That's very sweet, but me and you both know that's a big lie. Anyway, I've hired another employee. He starts working tomorrow.” She told me and went back into the storage room.

He?!”

Mmhm! I think it would be better to have some muscle around to carry these heavy boxes. Plus He's quite handsome.” She winked at me then walked off humming a tune.

I shook my head amused by her school girl tendencies.

Yuni, your shift for today is over.”

Over? Ugh, now I have to go back to being a boy and living with that pig-headed dictator. I slumped my shoulders.

An idea hit me, “Um, no I'll just stay here and help you out until closing.” I tried to stall.

No, no. That's fine, and don't you have homework to do?” She said while sweeping the floor.

I finished it at school!” I replied and took the broom from her. “Which means I can stay as long as you need.” I began sweeping madly giving her my best smile.

Trying to keep away from, uh, what's his face? Baro, was it?” She took the broom away from me making me stumble.

Che, 'Poop-Face' suits him better though...” I grumbled and crossed my arms.

Mrs. Cha shook her head and chuckled, “Don't worry about him. He can't be all that bad.”

And what makes you say that? You've never even met him before.”

Well, he's keeping your secret isn't he?

Yeah, but because of that he made me his personal servant!” 

Well there's a price to pay for everything. Now, shoo! Its getting late!” She dragged me to the door handing me my jacket.

But Mrs. Cha its the weekend tomorrow!” I whined.

All the more rest for you if you go to sleep now.” She closed the door behind me and pulled down the blinds after waving to me.

Miserably I trudged to the bus stop still in full disguise. Sighing I combed though my fake hair,

Hmmm, I miss having long hair...” I mumbled unconsciously to myself as I plopped down onto the bench.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Roughly half an hour had passed as I continued to wait at the bus stop. I checked my watch; 7:30PM.

Psh, I so could've stayed for closing, at least then there would've heating in the store... I thought rubbing my hands together in an attempt to keep them warm, before giving up and jamming them into my pockets.

Suddenly from the corner of my eyes I could see a bright light: Headlights!

FINALLY! I thought I was going to freeze to death!

I stood up but frowned at the vehicle in front of me, which was most definitely not a bus.

Come on, get in. You still have to make dinner.” Baro pushed the passenger seat open from the driver's side.

My frown deepened, “Well if you put it like that, then no.” I huffed and sat back down onto the bench.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

AUTHOR'S POV

 

Baro rolled his eyes unbuckling his belt and opening his own door.

Just get into the damn car.” He pointed to the door looking at her in her natural, female state. Without knowing why he started to feel guilty for saying that to her.

I don't want to go with you, I'll just wait for the bus.” TaeYun said still being stubborn even though she just wanted to get back to school where it was heated from the cool Autumn air.

Aish...” Grabbing her frozen hand he pulled her up and made her sit in the car, shutting the door behind her.

TaeYun sat stiffly in the passenger seat, eyes wide blinking rapidly.

Baro on the other hand was just as surprised by his actions but kept them hidden for sake of embarrassment. Returning to his spot in the driver's seat he looked over to her and let out a small chuckle at her facial expression. Carefully he leaned over and tugged her seat belt down bringing her back to her senses.

OMG NO! STAP IT! WHY ARE YOU BEING SO NICE!!! She screamed out in her head and grabbed the buckle away from him buckling herself up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

The atmosphere in the car was quiet and awkward as the two sat in silence.

Since when did you have a car?” TaeYun asked still looking out the the window, trying to break the awkwardness.

Well, how else do you expect me to get around?”

I don't, since you never leave the dorm.” She replied playfully earning a glare from him.

You know it's true, and eyes on the road!”

Yeah, yeah, yeah. But is it really my fault that everything I need is indoors?” He returned his gaze onto the darkening road.

“Sure 'everything', because in an all boys school you're going to find a wife.”

I might.” He simply stated.

Not unless you start dating someone's sister.”

Maybe I could.”

She turned away from the window raising a brow at his vague responses, “Are you?”

Nope, but I have someone in mind.” He continued to look forward as he pulled into the student parking lot. Shutting of the engine he turned to face her, making her slightly choke on her breath.

Now get out of my car before you permanently stink up the place.” He sated with a straight face before leaving the flustered TaeYun alone in the car.

THE FLIP?! You're so weird! And I do not smell!” She snapped slamming the door and stomping after him.

Says you. And trust me, as your room mate I would know.” He left with a smirk on his face, walking into the building.

URG!!! You're such a noodle!” You screamed stomping your foot childishly before following after him.

Although it was after curfew there had been someone watching from near by, “Room mate, huh?”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey there! It's been a while since I updated, eh? Hehehe, sorry about that! And thank you for continuing to subscribe even though I didn't write anything for such a long time :(

I hope you didn't forget about me and TaeYun though! :O

Anyways, I promise to update more now that I have a schedule! Tuesdays are for updating this story^^ So every Tuesday I'll be sre to have an update for you, also If I feel up to it I might update on my free days too (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday).

I hope you enjoyed this chapter, and if you want me to change something or if you have any suggestions please feel free to comment!

Thank you! ^-^