== One ==

Looking Back

It was way back two thousand and six when I started my diary in this binder I bought when I was shopping for school supplies. Looking back, I was naive and innocent, a little stupid perhaps? But looking at myself right now, I believe that I have grown to a beautiful woman.

 

I pat the cover of my diary, dusting off the dust it has gained over the years, I remember the day when I stopped writing in this diary, I believe it was June, the middle of the year two thousand and ten.

 

Many things has happened to me over five years or so of writing in that diary. It was also year two thousand and six when I met him.

 

I open the first page and read it quietly as the wind brush through my hair.

 

 

Dear Diary,

Today was the start of my high school, I am very much excited about this, I don’t know what to do, I was just so happy that I am able to reach high school, I am very thankful too.

 

I brought with me my small bag, with a few notebooks and this diary, since it’s the start of school, I just have to bring a few notebooks since our homeroom teacher is just going to teach us the proper etiquette and everything we need to know.

 

As I entered the school gate, I saw a chubby guy with glasses, he has a very wide and bright smile, and then when he smiled, his eyes seemed to be gone. I watched him run, but unfortunately he tripped, I felt sorry? So I ran to him and helped him stand up.

 

I learned that his name was Jinki, but he hates his name, to be honest, I find his name cute! So he told me to just call him Onew... Hey, isn’t that a word?

 

I also learned that he was a year older than me. Quite amusing because, he looks younger than me I don’t even know why is he seventeen.

 

We walked together and then later on, I found out that I was in 1-A and he was in 2-A, since we’re both in section A, we shared a building. As far as I know, this school has its own buildings for the sections, from Section A-E.

 

When classes were about to start, he asked me if he could join me in recess since he doesn’t have much friends, he also told me that he just transferred. I didn’t have friends too, so I said yes.

 

About an hour and a half of lecture from our homeroom teacher finished, she dismissed us and I went out immediately with my money, in hopes to find Onew.

 

I smiled when I saw him; he was just about to go outside of his classroom. Our classrooms are just across each other, and this was an advantage for us.

 

I waved at him as he went to me; we walked down to the canteen. I noticed that he never forgets to smile, doesn’t it hurt his cheeks? I want to ask him, but of course, that would just make the situation awkward.

 

As we ate, we talked about stuffs about our likes and dislikes, I found out that he likes chicken and listening to music. He also liked singing, so I asked him to sing for me even just a single line of his favourite song.

 

He shook his head with a shy smile, he said no to me, and I said okay, I told him to just sing for me when he is ready.

 

After we ate, he took me to the rooftop, surprisingly enough, he knows the way here, he told me that a classmate of his told him the way to the rooftop.

 

I sat on the floor and looked at him in front of me, his hands were clenched into fists on his side, he coughed a few times then he opened his mouth, I thought he was going to tell me something, but he started singing.

 

He sang so beautifully that my eyes started dwelling up tears. I can’t explain how beautiful his voice is, it’s so beautiful... it was as if an angel sang a song for me.

 

After he finished singing, he bent down to me and laughed, he wiped my tears and said sorry that he made me cry.

 

I said that he shouldn’t be sorry, I told him how beautiful I think his voice is, and if my eyes aren’t failing me, I saw him become crimson red.

 

Recess finished, so we went back to our classrooms to continue the lecture of our homeroom teacher, I was in a daze the whole day, his singing voice kept on replaying on my head.

 

School finished at exactly 12:10, our teacher dismissed us and told us that tomorrow, that we will be meeting all of our other teachers. I went out of the classroom in hopes to find Onew again, but I saw their classroom empty.

 

I sighed then made my way out of Building A, I reached the school grounds then saw Onew standing by the edge of the rooftop.

 

Is he crazy?! I thought then immediately ran to the rooftop, I’m grateful that my poor memorizing skills haven’t failed me yet.

 

I quietly entered the rooftop, when I opened the door, I heard his loud singing with his eyes closed, he sang so beautifully again that made me tear up, I don’t know why but his voice makes me tear up every time he sings.

 

He stopped singing and I decided to enter, clapping my hands as tears drop down my cheeks. He looked at me as if he was shocked to see me.

 

He turned crimson again, I told him to why not audition? His voice is so great; he smiled at me and gave an ‘Are you kidding?’ sort of look. I shook my head then told him that SM Entertainment is looking for trainees; I told him that I would join him in audition if he wants to.

 

He said thank you and said yes to my offer, I was happy for him, he’ll be able to reach his dreams if he wants

to.

After that, we went on our separate ways and I went home, only to find the house empty.

 

I place a bookmark on the next page, I stand up and close it, I place it back inside the old chest in the attic.

 

I smile remembering Onew again; my thoughts were interrupted when I get a call from work.

 

Sigh, another work problem it is... I go down the attic and to my office to fix things up.

 

When I got there, I first look at my facebook, tell me, who doesn’t have facebook? I saw one of my friends like Onew’s picture. I look at it, it seems like he was filming something? I see that he was filming their new music video for their title track, ‘Sherlock’ I nod then close my facebook then start working.

 

 

 

 

 

-------

How was it? . 3 . 
Just placed the old poster here~