spiky valentine

angel, angel baby (s&c drabbles)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 [CONTENTID1]5[/CONTENTID1]

 [CONTENTID2][/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]

From a random prompt I found (with some tweaks):

“your local neighborhood flower shop sent a horde of cacti for your valentine order instead of flowers bouquets”

.

(takes place some time after chapter 12)

.

.

Principal Lee had an admirer.

Correction; he did have admirers—secret admirers, to be precise, since he was not exactly the type that you could publicly swoon over—and one of them, it turned out, had chosen the most unusual, flashiest way of showing their love—because she absolutely was not kidding when ten or thousand cacti pots and bouquets were seen to cover the administration front desk, on a bright Valentine’s day morning.

There was a small commotion around the front desk; people admiring the silly bouquets and wondering who on earth had the decency to send their Valentine a horde of desert plants that bear spines. One of the tiny plastic pots containing a bright pink succulent almost fell onto the floor. She hastily grabbed it and placed it back, throwing a curious look towards the poor admin staff who was just as puzzled as she was.

“Thought these are souvenirs from last week’s conference,” the administration staff chirped, eyes wildly staring at the ridiculous amount of cacti on the front desk slash her working desk. “Until I saw the card.”

The card was simple and cream colored, a general size of A5 paper—maybe quite an unusual size for a greeting card. She expected cringe-inducing messages on the card, but instead she saw a portrait drawing that could be seen as… obnoxious… of presumably Principal Lee. Well, in all her defense, nothing of the portrait drawing that looked like Principal Lee (handsome, stony-faced, dark-haired). The drawing was close to being called a caricature drawn by a five years old child, in all the wrong colors (the designer in her soul twitched) as in bright banana yellow for the skin and orange for the hair. Blue for the eyes and lips—was that a green toothy grin?

Whoever the sender was, at least they did not forget the single earring on Principal Lee’s ear.

“Valentine’s day,” the administration staff suggested. “Quite romantic… I guess.”

She chuckled. Yeah, super romantic.

Ew, people in love, she was going to snort her sentiment. Lucky did she is—none of those words had managed to escape , right when Principal Lee chose to walk past the sliding door.

A silent predator, he was, and she felt weird associating her principal as a predator—but the world tended to go quiet whenever the man was around. It was as natural as it was; breaths being held and heads lowered from respect. His handsomeness was not the cause—it was mostly the air of confidence enveloping Principal Lee like an aura; the way he carried himself that screamed experience. Although, in some fleeting moments, in times that not all people could get the luxury to witness, he would let his guard down and soften his stance—a playful part of him only shown to so few people. The idea of a handsome man was appealing, but charisma was what would get you on your knees.

There was something a little off about Principal Lee—perhaps only visible to someone who was very comprehensive over their surroundings (it was her). He looked somewhat brighter, a trace of thin smile still remained on the edges of his mouth. Clearly, he had not had the chance to tidy his hair, or perhaps had yet to iron his shirt, because his collar looked a little crumpled. Maybe he picked a fight and someone pulled his collar in a not so careful manner—wait.

Ohh.

A visibly smitten Principal Lee on Valentine’s day, a horde of cacti bouquets, an obnoxiously childish drawing… these were definitely his young lover’s doing.

Whereas she was still trying so hard to kick away all the thoughts and possibilities coming up in her mind, Principal Lee had caught the sight of the cacti disaster happening in the front desk. People were starting to disperse as he walked closer, a genuine confusion displayed in all its glory on his face—a little weird to see Principal Lee sporting so much emotion. For a moment it might have scared her.

“Who sent this?” He examined the disaster to look for a name. When he couldn't find any, he looked puzzled. Genuinely puzzled. Probably he never thought that his ridiculous lover would take such a stunt first thing in the morning. There are three boxes full of potted cacti and succulents containing at least ten or twenty little pots each. And for sure you couldn't forget the bouquets in assorted sizes.

“They’re addressed to you.” The administration staff chipped in. “There isn't any name. But a greeting card is included.”

Once the card was in Principal Lee's hand, she was almost taken aback.

Taken aback at how the confusion in his face instantly melted away into an expression of fondness, the way it changed the shape of his wolf-like eyes into a pair so tender and b with light. The slightest hint of a wide grin curled and threatened to bloom on his mouth, if it were not for Principal Lee’s out of the world self control; and for a moment he actually looked like a man in love—a man foolishly in love. Although, due to his incredible self control, the magic vanished in a matter of a few seconds—but enough to make her completely taken aback that she was sure that she would drop jaw-first on the floor right now.

Principal Lee cleared his throat. “Hand these out. The small pots,” he said, not so discreetly shoving the card in his inner suit-jacket pocket, mindful not to get it all crumpled out. “One for each desk. You help her out,” he nodded at her, but when she couldn't reciprocate (too busy calculating just how incredibly smitten this cold facade of a man was for his lover), he raised his eyebrows and waved. “Ha-na? I'm talking to you.”

Oh crap, crap. She hurriedly bowed down and grabbed the boxes.

At the end of the day, colorful cacti and succulents took over the second floor of the office—one for each desk. The bigger ones taken out from the bouquets were planted in the concrete planter boxes that had been empty and unkempt for so many months (years?) on the balcony. No one finished their date lines today (they were possibly pushed towards next week… hopefully). No one actually worked like a normal worker on a normal day. She went out with her co-workers to get some soil-mix for the plants. They shredded and dumped the unused files creating a tall mountain in the corner of the room, in a dire need of a proper organization. Principal Lee even helped them to organize the files and cleaned the planter boxes. And he never stopped smiling.

She didn't have to submit her task today because it was due next week. Principal Lee treated them to a barbecue restaurant after work. Life was good.

She secretly thanked her principal's very own ridiculous lover.

.

.

When Hyukjae got home later in the evening, Donghae was nowhere to be seen.

At least nowhere in the living room. His shoes were lined carelessly in the foyer—no matter how many times Hyukjae had nagged him (or begged, since he really possess no power over that little horror) to put his shoes on the shoe rack or at least, have some decency to line them straight so the clean freak tendency in Hyukjae would not pop a vein every time he saw the shoes amiss.

He fixed the shoes (fondly, although he knew he should not) and made a promise to confront Donghae about it later.

Typical Donghae, to hide from the older man, every single time he committed either a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter