FOUR

The Present
Please log in to read the full chapter

Realizing that your company was turning his question meant out of goodwill into a tease, Hyunwoo quickly added, hoping to direct the attention elsewhere, 'Shall we get dinner?'

'Oh-' You looked over at Sungjin as he glanced at the clock, 'I'm afraid we'll have to give it a miss, we have a schedule to go for.'

'We'll join you again another day.' YoungK added, to which got a nod from Hyunwoo.

'How about Haeun?' Of course, Minhyuk would never forget about his new friend and it was his excitement that shifted the attention back to you. 'Do you have anything on after this?'

'I have tutoring to rush for, so it'll be better for me to join you another time...'

 

 

 

'See you!' The boys exchanged greetings as they headed their separate ways towards their respective vans.

Before Sungjin turned away, you caught him mouthing 'You alright?', to which you gave a nod and smile, hoping that it will be enough to assure him.

Ever since you found out that you would be seeing him around, you had tried coming up with all sorts of scenarios that you might have to face in order to be both mentally and emotionally prepared to not make a fool of yourself. First, the trip to the convenience store within hours of meeting him was not in any of your conjured scenarios. Neither would you have imagined getting into their van on the second day of seeing them.

'We're going the same way, we can drop you off, can't we?' Minhyuk exclaimed, you were pretty sure he was very close to bobbing on his feet, as he looked over to Hyunwoo for his approval.

'I can get there myself, no worries-' You started, but was quickly interrupted by Jooheon.

'We're no strangers, and it's on the way!'

 

 

 

It's only a short ten minutes ride. It's alright. You'll be fine. They're nice. They're harmless-

'Don't skip dinner.' You quickly turned to where the voice came from and was startled to find him right next to you, immediately turning back to look at the front.

'I-I won't.'

'You won't skip dinner, or you won't have dinner?'

'I'll get something-' Something poking your elbow got your attention, and looking up from the protein bar which he was holding out, you finally made eye contact with him.

'You always skip dinner if you have tutoring at this hour.'

How- He remembers?

Seeing that you made no move to take it from him, Changkyun slipped the bar into the side pocket of your backpack before quickening his steps, making his way to the rear of the van.

'I hope we're not making you feel uncomfortable.' Kihyun's voice snapped you out of your thoughts as the rest of them filed into the van.

'Not at all! I'm alright.'

'Haeun-ah! You can sit here since you're alighting in a while.' Hoseok pointed at the seat nearest to the door as he took the remaining seat.

'Thank you.'

 

 

 

'So...' Perching on the headrest of the seat before him, Jooheon felt a glare directed at him through the rearview mirror from the passenger seat but ignored their leader. 'How did you and Changkyun meet?'

'Ah, we were in the same club in high school.' You shifted uncomfortably in your seat, not sure if you were supposed to turn around to face the rest of the van, which you honestly would rather not have the attention of.

'Oh? The one that does voluntary tutoring?'

Before you could respond to that, you were taken aback by Minhyuk's question- 'Then do you know who she is? I heard that Changkyunie still has eyes for a girl he met back then.' Minhyuk grinned cheekily, oblivious of the death glares being directed at him by the rest of the team.

An awkward silence fell through the van. Oh-

'HYUNG.' Changkyun's cold tone sent a chill down your spine, and you didn't want them to get into an argument over Minhyuk trying to get to know you better with the wrong question choice.

'

Please log in to read the full chapter