TWO

The Present
Please log in to read the full chapter

The day's events ran through your mind as you stared at the ceiling above you. You were dead tired, but could not seem to fall asleep until you have figured out for yourself what had actually happened that day. 

That was until your phone vibrated next to you. Only to reveal a message from the person that started it all. 

[Dowoon Oppa] So how was Day 1?

What do you think?

[Dowoon Oppa] Knowing them, you probably would have been dragged out for dinner after practice?

You knew that and yet you didn't give me a heads up?

[Dowoon Oppa] You sound like you survived it well though?

Really? Do I really? 

 

 

 

Looking at the both of you, Kihyun contemplated whether or not to approach you. However, before he could come to a decision, he found himself making eye contact when Changkyun turned around abruptly. ‘Hyung! We’ll go get ice cream and be back in a while!’ 

He was not given a chance to respond before the younger turned back and pulled you along, your hand held in his. Now what am I suppose to make out of this situation-

 

 

 

The moment he saw you enter the room with the band, he thought he was hallucinating. Yet he was not given any time to confront the countless questions popping up in his head and had to get a grip on himself immediately before anyone took notice. 

The last time he heard from you was three years ago. And all contact since then was cut off. It was not as if it ended on a bad note, neither can it be considered a good one. But he was bent on starting things well between the both of you now that you found each other again. 

Changkyun wanted to catch up with you without the attention of others, which was extremely hard back at the company and at dinner - with everyone hyped up over their new addition. And when he saw you heading out, he quickly followed behind, hoping that no one would realize. 

Yet, knowing you, he already noticed your hands fidgeting behind your back and your eyes darting around before he could even start. Right- I need a better plan. 

 

 

 

As everyone got busy with their conversations, you excused yourself for a breather outside the restaurant, but was startled when that one familiar voice called out your name. 

You wanted to be like a normal, sociable person - but your normal was you struggling to hold conversations one-to-one, especially with him. Help. Unconsciously, your bad habit was kicking in, and you did not realize that Changkyun has caught on within that few seconds. 

'Let's go get ice cream for the rest.' You were certain an incoherent sound came out of your mouth when you found his hand tugging onto yours, before you were pulled away. 'We'll catch up on our way there.' 

'B-But the rest of-' You stuttered, only to have him turning behind, shouting at a fellow member whom you did not catch as you were too busy being caught off guard by the abduction, before you found yourselves heading towards the nearest convenience store. 

'How have you been?' He started, he too hoping that he sounded normal - not wanting to have his plans plummeting before he could even do anything. 

'Uh- Oppa...' You trailed off as you looked at your hands, before shimmying out of his grip and returning your hand to your side, your eyes quickly back to the road before you.

'Right. Sorry-' Great. Did I just make things awkward- It's fine. It's fine. 

'I've been doing fine.' You started before Changkyun could spiral into an apology that was not required, but ended up trailing off as you did not know how to continue. 

Changkyun could not tell much from your tone- whether or not you were faking it, especially since it's been long and you not looking at him was not helping. But he was the one who suggested it, knowing that it would have been uncomfortable for you if you just stood there facing each other while talking. 

'I'm sorry, about back there. Minhyuk hyung might have been a little much for your liking.' 

'No- No, it's alright... It's just me.' Before you realized, you found yourself adding, 'Don't you dare confront him about it, it's not him.'

'Alright. Don't worry, I won't.' He chuckled lightly seeing how you looked at him sternly to assert your point. She didn't change the slightest. 'Shouldn't you be in school?'

'I took a break for a while. I'

Please log in to read the full chapter