THREE

The Present
Please log in to read the full chapter

'We're just friends.' Changkyun groaned, repeating himself for the umpteenth time. 

''Just friends' and you didn't tell us anything???' Minhyuk asked, his hands flailing around in exasperation. 

'To hide this from us- People would think that the both of you dated and broke up or something.' Jooheon added to the prying, both of them sticking closely next to the youngest. 

Changkyun knew that they will not stop regardless of his answers, and not wanting to entertain them anymore, headed straight for his room and closed the door tightly behind him.  

'And his behavior right now definitely seems like that's the case.' Minhyuk chimed in agreement. 'Pretty sure it's YOUR fault that the both of you broke up!'

Hyunwoo shook his head silently as he watched the younger members jumping to conclusions, to which Hoseok commented, 'I'm pretty sure you are the only ones who will get that idea.'

'You guys better not pester Haeun about this tomorrow.' 

Jooheon grinned in response to Kihyun's warning, raising his hands in defense. 'Of course, we'd know better.'  

'That's right. We'll just harass the soul out of Changkyun.'

'That is if he doesn't out last you.' Hyungwon pointed out. 

‘But why would she pretend like she didn’t know Changkyun?’ 

‘Well, Jae did say that she's uncomfortable with strangers.’ 

‘Then again, if we are enough to overwhelm Changkyun’s presence, he must have been a y friend.’

‘There were SIX of us strangers and ONE Changkyun.’

‘STILL A Y FRIEND.’ Minhyuk repeated again, raising his voice as he knew that Changkyun could still hear him from inside his room.  

 


All the pestering indeed got to him. Not that he was going to show that he was affected by it. 

Why would she pretend not to know me?

She just didn’t have the time to react. That’s all. We started practice right after we came in. 

And then everyone was busy with introductions. 

And then there was dinner. 

Keeping it as discreet as possible, Changkyun purposely aimed for the seat directly opposite you, but to his dismay, you showed zero response. 

In fact, she did react. 

She was so bent on NOT lifting her head to look at me. 

 

 

Oh- I'm here.

You took a look around but the corridor was silent. After making sure once more that you were at the correct room, you took a peek into the room through the tiny window, The lights are off- which means you were the first one there.

Will you be reaching soon? I'm early. 

Seeing that not one- but a number of them were already typing once your message was delivered, you quickly sent another message, not wanting to be subjected to their sarcasm. 

I'm already outside the CORRECT practice room. I know where I'm at. 

[Younghyun Oppa] I wouldn't take your word for it. 

[Wonpil Oppa] Believing one of those statements is already hard enough. Do you really expect us to believe BOTH? 

Looking at your phone screen, you were questioning why you were still staring at the conversation- Right, you have yet to get a reply to the very first, and only, question that you have asked. 

[Sungjin Oppa] We'll be there in 10.

Smiling at the message, you barely sent out a 'Thank you!' seconds before you were shocked out of your wits. 

'You're early.' You stayed frozen for a good few seconds before slowly turning around to the source of the voice over your shoulder.  

‘Y-Yeah.’ You answered, still unsure how you were supposed to address them-

He's not supposed to be here this early. On the other hand, you and the band have arranged to reach one hour earlier to warm up before practice starts for everyone. 

‘I didn’t use as much time getting lost as I expected.’ 

And that statement reminded Kihyun of the incident the day before. Right- Still have yet to apologize for it. 'You got lost yesterday at JYP too, didn't you?' 

You paused for a moment, your head tilted slightly- Lost?  'No, I didn't?' 

Right- She wasn't lost. I just caught her looking suspicious. 'Right, sorry about that. Also, sorry for the-' He made a flinging gesture towards his head, only to have you staring back at him, confused. 

Why is he apologizing so much when we’ve only met yesterday- And the only interaction thus far just started a few seconds ago?

‘For this.’ Kihyun flicked your cap again, lightly, this time. Instantaneously, he saw your eyes flash anger which you immediately covered up thereafter, and he chuckled. 'Yesterday

Please log in to read the full chapter