Prologue

Paint Me Red
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joohyun's lips curled into a frown when she was given a bag of blood from the refrigerator. If anything, she hated drinking cold blood. It never settled right on her tongue and throat. Yongsun, on multiple occasions, likened it to drinking a glass of iced water on a hot summer day but Joohyun disagreed with her all the time. Fresh, warm blood would always be her only option. Unless she had no other choice—like now. She was stuck in a cell—one that she could never break out of no matter how strong she was— and Yongsun was her doctor-in-charge.

 

“I could be out on a date with Byulyi now but because of you, I have to work extra hours,” Yongsun sighed, looking at her with tired eyes.

 

“It’s not like I can escape if you leave me alone now anyway,” Joohyun shrugged, refusing to take the blood bag that was in her doctor’s hand. “I’d rather starve than drink that. Who knows how long that has been in there.”

 

“Suit yourself. I won’t offer again if you suddenly get thirsty.”

 

As a pure-blooded vampire, Joohyun wasn’t one that would go berserk when she gets thirsty. Sure, would feel parched but she could still control herself and not pounce on an innocent human being like a wild animal. As the daughter of the Elder Vampire, she had an image to uphold. Her father had taught her better than to do so.

 

“You should have let me kill that bastard before taking me here,” Joohyun clicked her tongue, unhappy with the fact that the guy who was supposed to be her meal for the week got released after getting his memories erased. “Bad guys like him don’t deserve to live longer.”

 

“What are you? The police now?” Yongsun scoffed. “Vampires like you who still drink directly from humans are the reason why our worlds are unable to come to an agreement and live in peace together.”

 

“But I don’t go around drinking from innocent beings.”

 

“To us, humans, that makes no difference, Joohyun. You’re still killing one of us. You wouldn’t have ended up in this cell again if it was okay.”

 

“And if I wasn’t the daughter of the King of the Underworld, I would have been dead a long time ago and not locke

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter