Prologue

In Their Natural Habitat
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The scorching heat of the sun was felt by the four friends walking on their way to school. No umbrellas, just them, in their purest skins, suffering from the sizzling heat. Their sweats dripped down on their casual clothes, making them very uncomfortable to wear, especially for their youngest.

“Hey, is summer really already done? ‘Cause, it doesn’t seem like it!” The youngest exclaimed while fanning her armpits using her notebook.

“What are you talking about? And don’t blame the season. It’s your fault for running all the way here.” Reprimanded by the second tallest of the quad. 

“If only you woke up earlier, then you wouldn’t have to run and sweat as if you showered the second time. It’s your fault, Jin,” The youngest's cousin said as she stuck her tongue towards the taller person.

“Hey—!” The latter retorted, fist balled, ready to punch the former.

Unbeknownst to them, except for the one who had a cold yet calming aura, they had already arrived in front of their school gate.

“Guys, can you please stop chattering? People are looking. Tsk,” The cold girl exclaimed with a disapproving look on her face.

The four lined up in front of the gate, opened their bags to be checked by the guards, and slid their IDs into the machine as they went inside the campus.

“Sheesh! New people, new me. Y’all ready?”

“New me,” A scoff was heard. “And hell yeah!”

 A sigh. “Let’s just go.”

“…”

A deep b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter