Why? Just Why?

You! Yes YOU!
Please log in to read the full chapter

SINB

I was never afraid of saying goodbye; I have trained myself not to, knowing how people just come and go in our life. For short, I never get attached to people and in order for me to do that, I don't really look around. I never let myself linger on one person for long. 

But that was until I met you.

Heck! How could you just hug someone all of a sudden? It is a given that your love language is touch but we just knew each other that time, just three days to be exact. I knew you were grateful but a "thank you" is more than enough. Yes! MORE than enough. I don't really expect much from people knowing others don't even say those anymore.

As I have said, I am never the one to look around- never the one to really go out of my way to get to know people. Arrogant as I might seem, I just don't find the need to mingle at work when files are piling and I have more than enough on my plate. No! I don't need distraction, enough to take away my warmed up zeal in finishing my tasks with minutes of chats. 

I know that's the only reason I never get to know you earlier though I did notice you a couple of times during lunch break. You are from another team but you are friends with some of my team mates. You used to eat with them but I never heard you speak. Then they all resigned and you were left behind, promoted though. You kept to yourself until the pandemic came.

You were quiet most of the time. Just most of the time because you also have your loud moments. Sometimes it makes me wonder, "How could you be so loud when you want to and not have a pip when you want to?" I noticed this when we started living together, along with seven others. 

Please log in to read the full chapter