Painful Shopping Experience

Secret Love

 

Ailee’s P.O.V

Jr. and I met with Hyorin after school and we all went to eat ice cream.

Along the way, we filled Hyorin in about what happened and she relayed some stuff about Hyosung back to us.

“You know before this, a lot of people didn’t really like her as well. You know how she appears to do everything to her advantage no matter who got involved? She used to be really nice though…I’ve always been at school with her, used to be one of her closest friends, other than Kikwang of course, and nothing really every happened to us, we just drifted, found people who were more similar to us…” She trailed off.

“She pretty much has her claws in every guy. I was talking to Lee Joon a while back and we were kind of close, then she just came and hugged him and was all over him as  I stood there awkwardly. It’s basically happened to a lot of guys that we talk to and she just happens to be there – Like you and Daehyun, how she just comes and butts in.”

We stared at her blankly. This was well known, but what was her point?

“Hyosung actually sits in the library by herself now, everyone avoids her because everything that she’s ever done to anyone has come out after that big fight between her and Kikwang…”

“There was a fight between them?”

Hyosung stared at us incredulously.

“Have you guys been living under a rock? It’s been talked about so much that it’s starting to get annoying – like how Gangnam Style is being played everywhere and everyone knows about it. It’s starting to get on my nerves." She paused.

" You’re not joking are you?”

We both shook our head.

“OK, long story short, Kikwang over heard her bragging to her friends about how she lied to him in order to make him date her and then there was a massive argument in the hallway, people gathered around and Kikwang and Hyosung aren’t talking, despite the fact they’ve been friends for so long…What she did was unforgivable anyway. How could you forgive him for doing what he did to you?”

I bit my lip. The way I saw it, there was really no point of holding grudges against anyone, it was a mistake on his behalf and it wasn’t like we were going to start dating again. I was angry about it before, hurt because he had treated me like I committed the worse crime in the world, but… it wasn’t really his fault.

“Technically it wasn’t his fault, but I’m not going to blame anyone. I think even if this didn’t happen, we would’ve broken up anyway, one way or another…I’m thankful he apologised, this whole thing is over… I was already kind of over it…”

“You’re not angry about it?”asked Jr.

“I pretty much cried it all out at lunch – I think your shirt might smell like tears,” I laughed.

Hyorin stared at me, unconvinced, while Jr. put his arm around my shoulder and grinned.

“Ahh, Noona, don't worry, we're here for her and she's Ailee – she’ll be fine no matter what!”

“I think it’s the ice cream that’s making you feel better!” she joked.

“Yeah and the fact that our social is coming up in two weeks!”

“What?! Only?” cried Hyorin.

"Mhmm!”

“Wow…I forgot about it for a while, with our exams and all…Let's go find our dresses after we eat yeah?”she suggested.

Jr. stared at us and mumbled to himself. He folded his arms and turned away.

“What’s wrong?” I asked.

“You guys are going to be dragging me along to look at those dresses aren’t you?” he cried.

We laughed.

“Yup. No matter how long it takes! You’re not leaving until we’re done!” joked Hyorin.

“Someone kill me now...”

I smiled as we stood up and dragged Jr. to the nearest clothes shop full of dresses and all things girly. Nearly everything seemed as if it has been settled, and because of that, I felt a sense of ease, something I haven’t felt in a while. The longer we spent looking at dresses and what not; any feelings of stress and annoyance were soon replaced by excitement and anticipation for our school social. As Jr. had said earlier, everything will be all right.

While Hyorin and I were admiring the dresses and gowns, I glanced over at Jr. who looked as if he was under some sort of medieval torture.  I stifled a laugh as he glared at us and looked around the department store suspiciously and before we knew it, he ran for it, leaving us speechless.

“Aish! That boy has no patience at all!” complained Hyorin.

“YAH! PARK JIN YOUNG! YOU HAVE TO HAVE PATIENCE SO YOU CAN GO SHOPPING WITH YOUR FUTURE GIRLFRIEND! AT THIS RATE YOU’LL PROBABLY DIE FROM HER RAGE AS A RESULT OF YOU BEING SO IMPATIENT!” shrieked Hyorin as we chased after him.

He stopped mid step and turned around, beet red as many people were staring at him. As soon as we caught up to him, Hyorin grabbed his wrist and dragged him back to the dress section. As they walked past, he stared at me with puppy eyes.

“Please help me,” he mouthed.

I chuckled and shook my head. His face sunk. This totally wasn’t planned.