chapter 3

The Butlers

the update... 

i was just finished it.... 

hope it turn out good enough...

comments and subs are loved...

n thank u so much to all of you that have read, commented and subscribed on this fic... 

^^

***

 

 

Onew was just awake, but too lazy to open his eyes. He turned around and snuggled closer to his pillow. The pillow was warmth when it  hugged him back.

Wait a minute... Since when the pillow could hug him back? Onew opened his eyes abruptly and looked up.

He found Jonghyun’s face looked at him with a smile, “Morning, angel.”

Onew squealed like a girl in surprise. He moved backward and almost fell to the floor if it weren’t Jonghyun’s arms which wrapped around his waist.

“Be careful, Onew,” Jonghyun advised as he pulled Onew closer toward him.

Onew blushed furiously and was so confused. Half of his mind told him to push Jonghyun, but the other half told that enjoyed the hug would be a better choice.

Suddenly, the door was opened, revealed an annoyed Minho.

“Yah! I asked you to wake him up, not to cuddle with him, Jonghyun!” Minho scolded.

Jonghyun just grinned and make a ‘V’ sign. He released Onew and stood up.

“Onew,” Minho called, “you better get ready now if you didn’t want to be late. We’ll wait downstairs.”

“Okay,” Onew answered but didn’t face him since he was embarrased.

Once he finished, he walked toward dining room. Found Minho and Jonghyun there. But he was confused when he saw both of them wore his school uniforms.

“the uniforms?” Onew asked.

“Since now, we’ll go to your school, too, Onew,” Jonghyun said happily.

“How?” Onew’s mind still couldn’t catch what happened.

“Nakajima has taken care about that. He send us to your school so that we could also protect you there,” Minho explained.

Onew, for the first time, felt the burden - which he always felt whenever he would go to school - was lifted. He was so happy since he wouldn’t be alone anymore in the school.

“Stop your daydreaming and eat your breakfast,” Minho told him since Onew didn’t make any move.

“Oh, okay,” Onew blushed slightly.

Jonghyun pulled the chair for him and placed his breakfast before him.

“Milk or juice?” Minho offered, standing in the other side of Onew, with a perfect attitude as a butler.

“Juice,” Onew answered and Minho poured him a glass of orange juice.

They finished the breakfast in silent, but Onew realized how competent Minho and Jonghyun as a butler. Everytime he need something, they had prepared it even when he hasn’t asked them.

They must be hot in their butler’s uniform’, Onew thought with a longing face.

They drove to school without a driver. Since both Minho and Jonghyun could drive and have their driving licences although they still underage; a profit of their job as a butler.

***

Onew didn’t has a word to say. His eyes darted back and forth between his butlers and his teacher.

“We don’t care! We want to be placed in the same class of Onew,” Jonghyun said stubbornly.

“But your class has decided. You can’t change your class as you want,” the teached argued.

“I. Want. To. Be. Placed. In. Onew’s. Class,” Jonghyun stressed his every words. He glared at the teacher.

“You. Can’t,” the teacher glared at him back.

“Umm... Jonghyun, Mr. Park,” Onew called hesitantedly.

“What?!” both of them shouted in annoyance.

Minho slapped Jonghyun’s head hardly.

“Ouch! What was that for?!” he glared at Minho.

“Remember whom you’re talking with, Jonghyun,” Minho warned.

Jonghyun realized his mistake in second.

“I’m sorry, Onew,” Jonghyun said with his puppy eyes.

Onew couldn’t believe that Jonghyun could make such an expression. And his puppy eyes was so irresistable.

“It’s okay,” Onew answered with a smile. “I’d be okay in my own, you should follow what Mr. Park said.”

Jonghyun pouted but nodded in defeat, “Fine, then.”

Mr. Park smiled in victory, “Now, I’ll show you your class. And Onew, get back to your class.”

“Okay, Mr. Park,” Onew nodded.

Minho and Jonghyun both looked at Onew in worry. They really wanted to be placed in the same class with Onew since they wanted to protect him.

They had heard from Nakajima how Onew always picked on by bullies, and they had witnessed it by their own eyes yesterday.

As his butlers, they were responsible of Onew’s safety.

“He would be okay,” Minho placed his hand on Jonghyun’s shoulder, “We wouldn’t let anything hurt him.”

Jonghyun sighed but nodded nonetheless.

***

Onew kept quiet during his lesson. He really want Minho and Jonghyun by his side. But what could he do. He felt safer when they were around him.

He looked outside to soccer field and recognized one figure. It was Minho. He was on the middle of soccer match.

Onew smiled when he saw Minho jumped around after he made a goal. His butler looked so happy, almost like a child.

Then he frowned when on the side, the girls cheered and shouted Minho’s name adoringly.

How on earth he got that much fans in his first day?’ Onew asked on his mind

“Onew?”

Onew still observed Minho that he didn’t hear his teacher called his name.

“Onew!” the teacher called louder.

Still, Onew ignored her.

“ONEW!!!” the teacher shouted.

Onew turned his head toward the teacher abruptly.

“Onew, you’re here to study, not daydreaming,” the teacher said, slightly annoyed.

“I’m sorry,” Onew looked downwards.

“Now, come here and solve this problem,” his teacher asked.

Onew obeyed and approached the teacher. She nodded when Onew finished the problem correctly.

“Good,” she said, “Your answer is correct. Now go back to your seat. And I want you to focuse in my class, understand?”

Onew nodded and walked back to his seat. But, one of his classmates put out his foot on his way. Made Onew stumbled and fell forward.

His nose collided with the floor hardly and he felt a pain shot up in his face.

He touched his nose and found that it was bleeding. He was glad his glassed didn’t broke, or it would hurt him worse.

“Onew!” the teacher approached him quickly. “Are you okay?” she lifted Onew’s face.

“Oh God, you’re bleeding!” she said in surprised, “Someone, take him to the infirmary.”

But no one made a move.

“Aish, I can’t belive it,” she grumbled, “Come on Onew, I’ll take you to the infirmary.”

“It’s okay, I’ll go there by myself,” Onew said.

“Are you sure?” she asked worriedly.

“I’m sure,” Onew replied as he stood up. He pointed his face upward and pinched the bridge of his nose, so that the blood wouldn’t stain his uniform.

***

“You’re great,” one of his classmates patted Minho’s back, “You should join the soccer club.”

Minho laughed, “Maybe I’ll try.”

He unwrapped his bottle of water and drank it. He was so thirsty.

“Minho, you can use this,” a girl, he didn’t know her name, reached out a towel toward him.

“No, Minho should use mine,” the other girl said as he pushed the first girl aside.

“No, mine is better,” another girl said.

“Mine is the best,” and one more girl.

“Mine!”

“Mine!”

“Hey, hey, please stop,” Minho tried to prevent the cat fight.

He looked around at the girls that surrounded him worriedly. He didn’t want to cause a chaos in his first day of school.

But then he spotted Onew walked alone, placed his hand on his face. Minho narrowed his eyes and saw a blood stain on Onew’s face.

Hurriedly, he pushed the girls aside and run toward Onew.

“Onew!” Minho called. The later stopped in second and looked for the source of the voice that called him.

“Minho,” he greeted as he recognized a boy that run towards him.

“What’s going on? Why are you bleeding?” Minho asked worriedly as he removed Onew’s hand from his face.

“I fell,” Onew replied simply, “I was just going to the infirmary.”

“Come on, i’ll take you there,” Minho said, “Can you walk? Or do you need me to carry you?”

Onew blushed, “Nah. I’m okay. I’ll walk.”

Minho wrapped his arms around Onew’s shoulder and pulled him gently.

Once they arrived, the nurse wasn’t there.

“Wait a minute,” Minho said as he looked for the towel and a washbasin.

“don’t look up or the blood would flow back to your brain,” Minho advised.

He removed Onew’s hand once the blood was stopped and wiped the stain gently with the towel.

Onew couldn’t help but felt butterflies flied happily on his stomach when Minho took care of him. Unconsciously, he closed his eyes.

“Done,” Minho said.

He looked at Onew’s closed eyes and smiled. He couldn’t resist to kiss Onew’s forehead.

Onew gasped as he felt a soft lips kissed his forehead.

He opened his eyes and found Minho looked at him carefully.

They were jumped in surprise when the infirmary’s door was opened abruptly with a loud crack.

“Onew!”Jonghyun voice was full with a worry as he saw Onew.

In a blink of eyes, he was arrived before Onew.

“Are you okay?” Jonghyun asked, “The teacher said you’re hurt.”

Onew smiled slightly, “I’m okay, Jonghyun-ah.”

Jonghyun cupped Onew’s face and inspected it carefully. He touched now-red nose of Onew and caressed it lightly.

“I’ll grab some hot tea for you,” Minho said as he made a move toward the door.

Jonghyun nodded, he was glad that Minho gave a private time for him and Onew.

“I’m sorry for not being there to protect you from hurt,” Jonghyun said full of regret.

“It’s okay. I just fell. It’s my own fault, I’m a klutz, you know,” Onew smiled cutely.

“Geez,”Jonghyun said as he pulled Onew into a hug, “What should I do to you, you’re too cute for your own good.”

Onew’s face reddened by Jonghyun’s words. He inhaled Jonghyun’s scent and relaxed instantly.

“You’re so precious for us, you know,” Jonghyun said as he leaned backward, “Even in the time when we have just heard about you, we promise to ourselves that we would never let anyone or anything hurt you.”

Onew widened his eyes, “Why?”

Jonghyun smiled, “We don’t really know, honestly. It was just that we got the feeling when we saw your picture back then, that you are our perfect master, that we should protect you no matter what happen.”

Onew looked at Jonghyun’s eyes directly, “How did you and Minho meet?”

“We were left by our parents in the same orphanage when we were baby,” Jonghyun looked at the ceiling, “We are on the same age, so we made a friend. We grew up together unseparatable. Then when we were 8 years old, we met Nakajima when he visited the orphanage. We were so surprised when he offered to adopt one of us. But we refused because we didn’t want to be separated.”

Onew looked at Jonghyun’s face, noticed how his face looked slightly sad when he told him his past.

“Then, Nakajima surprised us more when he said he would adopt both of us,” Jonghyun continued, “Since then, he took care of us and sent us to the butler’s academy, where all the butlers studied since they are child to be a best butler later.”

“Are you happy?” Onew asked.

Jonghyun turned his face to Onew  and raised his brows confusedly.

“I mean, being a butler. Are you happy that Nakajima adopted you and made you become my butler?”

Jonghyun smiled genuinely, “Of course I’m happy – Minho’s happy too, I’m so sure about that. After all Nakajima gave us a better life and a chance to meet you. And that the best thing on our life – meet you, I mean.”

Onew blushed, “Really?”

“Of course,” Jonghyun answered without a doubt, “A butler couldn’t lie to their master.”

“I’m happy, too, that I meet you and Minho,” Onew said as he looked downward.

Jonghyun lifted Onew’s face and kissed his cheek.

“We really love you,” Jonghyun said and smiled when Onew widened his eyes in surprise, “We mean it.”

Meanwhile, Minho that has heard their conversation from the outside of the room, was smiling, too. Jonghyun was right, he thought. They did love Onew.