chapter 1

The Butlers

re-upload the first chapter....

***

 

“Are you fighting again, young master?”

Onew ignored the question. He walked upstair, left the maid sighed behind him.

Onew plopped himself down on his bed. His face hurted as he touched the bruises there.

Today was as usual. The bullies pick on him again.

Onew was a son of rich bussinessman in Korea. He had everything that people wanted in his life. But that didn’t make him happy. He hated it instead.

He was going to the prestigious school, where the only richest or smartest could study there.

Although he was including on the both side, rich and smart, his school life was a hell.

He didn’t know why, but the bullies always chose him over the other students. Maybe that was because his nerdy appearance.

Yeah, that was the fact, although he was rich, he was the type that didn’t like to show off. He prefer to be known as someone that smart than someone that rich. He was a model student and typically nerd with his thick-framed glasses. He didn’t have many friends (actually he did have none). The teachers loved him but his friends looked down at him.

He sighed as he took off his glasses. Then he heard a knock on the door.

“Come in,” Onew said.

The door was opened to reveal his favourite butler.

“Young master,” the old butler bowed, he brought the first-aid kit. Without a word, the butler inspected the bruises, and give it the treatment.

“thank you,” Onew said as the butler finished.

“Your welcome, young master,” the butler replied. He looked at Onew carefully, “are you okay?”

Onew gave a weak smile, “I’m okay, Nakajima. Don’t worry.”

Nakajima smiled sadly, “Young master, you should take care of yourself better.”

“I don’t have to, since I have you to take care of me, right?”

“Young master, I wouldn’t be here forever, you’d make me worry when I leave,” Nakajima said.

Onew raised his brows, “Leave? What do you mean?”

Nakajima took a deep breath, “I’m sorry that I couldn’t tell you earlier, but I have to go back to Japan.”

“Why?” Onew asked in surprised.

“It’s the time for me to retire, young master. I was too old, I want to enjoy the rest of my life in my homeland,” Nakajima explained.

“You can’t do that,” Onew choked, “There’s no one that would look after me.”

Nakajima smiled, “You still have both of your parents, young master.”

“But you know yourself that they didn’t care about me,” Onew said.

“You’re wrong, young master. They care about you, a lot.”

“If they cared about me, then why I just met them once a year, Nakajima?”

“Young master,” Nakajima pulled Onew into a hug, then he caressed Onew’s hair gently.

“Every parents care about their child, never doubt that, but each of them have their own way to show that.”

“I don’t want you to leave,” Onew said, “I would be lonely.”

Nakajima leaned backward, “Young master, don’t worry. You would never be lonely. I promise you.”

“But...”

“Believe me,” Nakajima asked, “You  know that I love you like my own grandson, right? I’ll make sure that you would be okay after I leave.”

“What do you mean?”

Nakajima smiled, “You’ll see.”

He then got up, “Goodnight, young master.”

“Goodnight.”

***

Onew cried for the first time since years ago. He accompanied Nakajima to the airport.

“I’ll miss you so much, Nakajima,” Onew hugged the old man tightly.

“I’ll miss you, too, young master,” Nakajima replied with a smile.

“Can I come visit you?”

Nakajima chuckled, “Of course you can.”

He wiped Onew’s tears, “Take care yourself, Onew.”

“You, too, Nakajima.”

Onew watched sadly as Nakajima walked out of his sight. He would miss him badly, he was sure. The one that took care of him since he was baby.

***

Onew walked back and forth in his room. He hated the fact that no one there to talk with.

He usually spent his time with his old butler that accompany him in the dinner. Then prepared everything that he needed.

Yeah, of course he had maids, but they wouldn’t be able to replace Nakajima.

Onew took his book, tried to focuse his mind to study. But he couldn’t since he felt the house emptier than usual.

***

It was morning already. He sighed. Another day of hell. He took a bath then came down to get his breakfast.

His driver was waiting once he left the front door. He nodded slightly as the driver opened the door for him.

He looked outside, to the bright sky. Enjoyed the scenery.

Within minutes, he arrived in his school.

He took a deep breath as he stopped in front of the gate for second.

God, please make the day going faster,’ Onew prayed.

Once he arrived before his locker, he couldn’t help himself but nervous. He looked around and was relieved that he saw none of the bullies was there.

“Onew,” a voice called his name along with a tap on his shoulder, made him jumped in surprised.

He turned around and found his teacher was staring at him worriedly, “Are you okay? I’m sorry for surprising you.”

“It’s okay, Mrs. Kim,” Onew answered, “What can I help you?”

“Onew, please tell your classmate that I’ll be late for our first class. Since I have to go somewhere first. Tell them to make the resume of chapter six and seven. Can you?”

Onew nodded.

“Good. Now go to your class. The class would be started soon.”

After gave her a bow, he walked toward his classroom.

He opened the door hesitantly. As he get inside, no one paid attention at him. He write the instruction on the board, then turned around to face his classmates.

He cleared his throat, “Ehm.. guys?”

Because of his low voice, no one listened to him.

“Guys?” he called louder, still none paid attention.

“GUYS!!!” he called loudly.

Finally, his classmates gave him attention. But in second, he became nervous as they glared at him.

He took a deep breath, “Umm... Mrs. Kim ask us to...m-m.. make a resume of chapter six and seven since she would be late.”

As he finished, his classmates ignored him again. Onew sighed. He has tried his best.

He then took a seat on his usual place, near the window.

He took his textbook and started his resume.

***

It was almost the end of the school as he made his way to the bathroom. He entered the last cubicle in the corner. After he finished his bussiness, he reached his hand to the knob, but it wouldn’t open.

It was locked from the outside. He started panicked.

“Hello?! Is someone there?” he called panickedly, he pounded on the door.

Suddenly, he was poured by water from outside. He yelped and was soaked wet in instant.

There’re people laughed outside.

“Open the door!” Onew pounded harder.

“Just enjoy your time there, nerd,” a voice said.

“Please, let me out! Open the door!” Onew pleaded.

The laugh echoed in the room as the owners left Onew.

Onew was started trembling. The water was really cold. He pounded on the door continously.

Almost a half of hour later, the door was opened by the janitor.

“Thank you,” Onew thanked the man.

The man looked at him in pity, “Your welcome.”

Onew back to his class to get his bag, but he couldn’t find it anywhere. He gave up. The bullies that must be did that.

He wondered how he could call his driver to pick him up. Since his cellphone was on his bag.

He left the class to the gate, maybe the driver would come when he thought Onew has finished his class.

He was stopped when a guy, bigger than him, blocked his way.

He tried to walk pass him, but the guy grabbed his hand and pushed him to the ground.

In an instant, Onew was surrounded by the other bullies.

“Who dare to let you out, nerd?” the guy said as he kicked Onew.

Onew yelped in pain, but that made the bullies laughed instead.

“Answer me!” the guy asked as he kicked Onew once more time.

Onew grimaced as he clutched his stomach. The guy crouched and grabbed Onew’s hair, yanked it back, hardly.

“When I asked you, you suppose to answer me,” he hissed, “Do you understand, you nerd?”

The guy raised his hand, ready to punch Onew.

Onew close his eyes, ready to receive the pain. But he was surprised as the guy before him yelped in pain and realeased his grip on Onew’s hair.

He opened his eyes and found the bully was pulled backward and was punched continously by a handsome man. Despite his short height, the man that punched the bully has a really great body.

Onew looked up as he heard another yelp, surprised as another figure kicked the other bullies. The second man was as handsome as the first.

“Listen..” the shorter man hissed as he grabbed the leader of the bullies in his collar, “Never mess with my master again or I’ll make sure your life as in hell.”

The bullies nodded and run, left them. The taller man crouched in front Onew and looked at him worriedly.

“Are you okay?” he asked.

Onew raised his brows, “Who are you?” he tried to move but winced by the pain in his stomach. Without a word, the taller man placed his hands behind his back and knees, then pulled him up, bridal’s style.

Onew was so surprised, “Wha...?! Put me down! Who are you?!”

The shorter approached them and looked at Onew, “Chill out, Master. We are your new butlers. Nakajima sent us.”

Onew’s jaw dropped. His eyes darted back and forth between the two man that looked at him with a smile on their face.

They must be kidding, right?’