Meeting Her.

The Silent Whispers of an Unspoken Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For the majority of Wonyoung's teenage years and far beyond into adulthood, she carried along with her a secret burden that she secretly hid from the world, away from the spotlight that she dared not speak of, even away from her closest friends and family. 

She had been hopelessly, and helplessly in love with her former leader and groupmate, Kwon Eunbi.

It all started back when she was just a young, impressionable, bright-eyed trainee, freshly introduced into this newfound world of the glittering and dazzling entertainment industry, where dreams are woven into reality, aspirations intertwine with sacrifice and heartache.

Jang Wonyoung, the talented and beloved center of future groups like IZ*ONE and later IVE entered into the competition show Produce 48, with her future groupmate and leader Ahn Yujin, along with others from her company label.

As Wonyoung stepped onto the grand stage of Produce 48, the sheer magnitude of the moment overwhelmed her senses. She found her jaw dropping in awe once she entered, feeling absolutely starstruck.

'Woahhhhhh...'

The studio was a mesmerizing spectacle of bright lights and colors, like a shimmering galaxy with an unfathomable amount of things to see contained within the four walls. The stage glowed with an ethereal brilliance, its fancy lights dancing in synchronization with the beat of the music, creating an atmosphere charged with anticipation and excitement.

The air hummed with energy as the audience, composed of aspiring young trainees from various agencies, filling the available seats. Their chatter and conversations reverberated through the space, heightening the already palpable tension in the room. Wonyoung felt her heart pound in her chest, a mixture of nerves and exhilaration coursing through her veins.

As she walked further onto the stage, her eyes were drawn to the other young trainees scattered across the studio floor. Each one was a beacon of ambition, their faces displaying a kaleidoscope of emotions - hope, determination, anxiety, and courage. They hailed from various entertainment agencies, each representing their hopes and dreams of their respective companies, and now, they were all here, vying for the same chance to make their mark in the K-pop industry and finally debut.

For a naïve trainee like Wonyoung, it was a dream come true, but also a daunting and crushing task she had to face if she wants to fully pursue her dreams.

The studio was alive with anticipation, and the weight of the competition settled heavily on Wonyoung's shoulders. She could see the determination etched on the faces of her fellow competitors, and she couldn't help but feel a mix of camaraderie and rivalry. This was a make-or-break moment, a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to prove herself and take a step closer to realizing her dreams.

 

 

​​​​​As one of the fifty-seven Korean trainees participating in Produce 48, Wonyoung found herself amidst an exciting yet challenging cultural experience. The prospect of competing alongside talented Japanese trainees added a thrilling dimension to the show, but it also brought forth the reality of navigating a language barrier and subtle cultural differences. The world of K-pop, though a global phenomenon, still had distinct customs and entertainer differences in both South Korea and Japan, making it a jarring environment for trainees like Wonyoung and especially for the Japanese trainees.

The language barrier was undoubtedly one of the biggest hurdles to overcome. While some Japanese trainees may have had a basic understanding of Korean, and vice versa, effective communication was not always easy. Simple interactions could become confusing, and Wonyoung often found herself relying on gestures and expressions to bridge the gap. However, amidst the challenges, Wonyoung recognized the beauty of this cross-cultural experience. She saw it as an opportunity to break down barriers and form connections with fellow trainees from different backgrounds, fostering a sense of camaraderie that transcended language.

Subtle differences in customs and expectations also presented unique challenges. What might be considered polite or appropriate in one culture could be perceived differently in another. Wonyoung had to be conscious of these nuances and adapt her behavior accordingly, showing respect for the cultural diversity around her. It was a learning process that required her to be open-minded and adaptable, and she approached it with a genuine desire and curiosity to understand and embrace the Japanese culture.

As the cameras started rolling, Wonyoung stepped into a whole new realm of experience. The weight of the entire world watching her every move was a nerve-

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter