Minjeong's

Handle with Care
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Or you could just walk ahead and introduce yourself to her like a normal person.” Aeri suggested. She’s just so done with her younger friend’s antics.

 

They’re currently hanging out. Her, her girlfriend, Ning, and Minjeong. It was supposed to be a date, with just Aeri and Ning trying to be cozy at the older girl’s place when Minjeong showed up suddenly. They don’t remember setting up a hangout with the three of them.

 

“As if it’s that easy!” Minjeong pulled her hair in frustration.

 

Okay, for context, Aeri introduced Minjeong to Jimin, her best friend since forever. Since then, Minjeong has been gushing nonstop about the older girl. Aeri for having this silly little crush but Minjeong just blushed at the thought.

 

“What if she finds me weird?” Minjeong added, now lying down in between Aeri and Ning, successfully disturbing their alone time.

 

“And you think, you trying to sneak a look whenever you knock in our office or whenever we pass by is not weird enough?” Aeri stated as a matter of fact.

 

Minjeong just grumbled and stood up. Marching back and forth in front of the couple.

 

“You can try giving her gifts. That way you’re slowly introducing yourself without really introducing yourself.” Ningning spoke after a few beats of silence. She also pulled the girl to stop her from pacing.

 

“Not a bad idea, babe.” Aeri agreed, she mostly agreed so they can be done with whatever her friend is thinking but she definitely agrees that it’s a good idea.

 

After more series of Minjeong sighing in frustration and Aeri and Ningning trying to persuade a girl that their thought is not a bad idea, Minjeong decided to put her plan into action. 

 

 

 

 

 

“Okay, good news, she noticed the little flower you gave her. Bad news though, it was there, with all the other flowers she receives every day.” Aeri informs Minjeong over lunch. The younger girl was already starting with her introducing herself but not really, agenda.

 

Minjeong’s smile immediately vanished with the thought that her flower, which she put in a lot of effort with making, was just there, discarded somewhere inside Aeri’s and Jimin’s office.

 

“But she definitely noticed it, right?” Minjeong probed, trying to sound hopeful. Aeri just shrugged as an answer.

 

 

 

 

 

After a lot of thinking, Minjeong decided to go through a different route. As Ningning would like to say, it’s not bad to be different. So, she just did as so.

 

So, she thinks. And thinks, and thinks some more. She’s been rolling nonstop, on her bed. Pacing back and forth trying to think of what she could do to make herself known to her crush.

 

Oh, a crush? ‘What am I? A high school student? Gushing over a crush?’ Minjeong can’t help but think to herself. But then, she’s not wrong. She is indeed, having a crush, and no, she’s not in high school. She is in fact, a grown woman, working on her own. But here she is, freaking out over a simple crush. Over a woman she met through her friend. Probably the most beautiful woman she has seen, that is.

 

“Coffee? Minjeong, you can never be more cliché than this.” Ningning teased as she’s going through the list of the things that Minjeong thought would be better than flowers.

 

“What? I thought you said to be different?” Minjeong says defensively, effectively snatching the list from her friend.

 

“Well, yeah. Flowers are good but sometimes, food and snacks are just the best way to get someone’s attention.” Ningning agreed.

 

“You agree, that this isn’t a bad idea, right?” Minjeong asked, once again, to be sure. Ningning just nods her head in agreement, inwardly sighing at her best friend’s hopelessness.

 

 

 

 

 

“Any success with your, ‘plan’? Aeri asks Minjeong over lunch.

 

“Honestly, I’m not really sure, you know. But it’s fine. I think, it’s good to see Jimin munching and drinking on those snacks I gave her whenever I see her.” Minjeong answered.

 

Okay, it’s not like she is losing hope, but somehow, she is. With the number of suitors, admirers, whatever they call themselves, that Jimin has, it’s kind of impossible for the older girl to notice her that way.

 

“I suggest you try using a love potion, given the amount of foods you give her.” Aeri says teasingly. She just wanted to tease the younger girl for being such a coward. She knows how smiley Jimin goes whenever she sees those silly little notes coming from Minjeong. But she won’t be saying it. Until her little friend becomes brave enough to talk to the girl personally, no.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter