Jimin's

Handle with Care
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Aeri raised her eyebrow at her friend questioningly as she arranged her things at her desk.

"Another one?" She voiced her question while fixing herself in front of a mirror situated at her table.

Jimin, her work-life best friend, answered her with a small smile and a shrug.

"Yep," she answered, putting an emphasis on the ‘P.’

"I don’t mind though," she added after taking a sip of the cup. Looking all smiley at the silly little scribbles on the cup of coffee she was holding.

 

"A cup of coffee to start your Monday. Good luck today!" the up says, courtesy of Aeri reading it aloud.

 

Jimin playfully swatted her friend for broadcasting the message even though it was only the two of them there. She just feels like that message is for her eyes only.

"What?" Aeri asked, "if they wanted to keep it a secret, they would have, like, done it in code or something. But clearly, it’s in a cup." She added, laughing at her own joke.

Jimin has been receiving all sorts of gifts from their colleagues. Really, all those people with functioning eyes can see how attractive the lady is. However, this ‘admirer,’ as Aeri would like to call it, is different. They have been sending her all sorts of gifts—not the expensive ones, but those thoughtful little gifts anyone might think of. It started with snacks, and most recently, the person has been giving her, her supply of morning coffee. It has been going on for a few months already. It makes her wonder if this ‘admirer’ of her will ever show themselves.

 

 

 

 

"I already taught them how to do this for months already! Why can’t they get it right?" Jimin huffed in frustration as she was typing furiously on her computer. A lot of papers were scattered on her desk.

Jimin thought her day was going a little better than expected; she thinks it’s probably the coffee she had that morning. Especially now that she has a clue as to who her ‘admirer’ might be, she spoke too soon.

An hour or so passed, and Jimin can still be heard huffing and sighing from her desk. She just wanted to pull her hair out of frustration, seeing that she’s making only a little progress with what she's doing.

Apparently, what happened was that, a report that was tasked to one of her colleagues was done incorrectly. It wasn’t due until the end of the week, but seeing all the corrections that needed to be made and knowing that she'd be the one to do all the work, she wanted to finish as much work as possible. She sighed for the nth time after feeling her hunger creeping in.

Jimin looked at her watch and saw that it was already an hour past their supposed lunch break. She was about to stand up and grab some quick lunch when she was interrupted.

 

"Miss Yu?" A voice called out, followed by a knock on the door of her shared office with Aeri.

"Come in,” she answered. She’s all alone still, remembering that Aeri bid her goodbye earlier, saying that she would grab lunch with her teammates. The girl asked her if she would like to come, but she declined because of the things she needed to finish.

She was already thinking of what food to get to reward herself for her hard work when she asked the person who knocked to come in again because they were still outside. Jimin was shocked to see one of Aeri’s teammates and friends, Minjeong, standing with a paper bag in her hand.

"I told you, you can just come in. Can I help you with something, Minjeong?" Jimin asked, her initial shocked expression turning into a wide smile.

“Oh, nothing, really. Aeri-unnie just asked me to drop this off here for you since you didn’t go out to get yourself a lunch." Minjeong answered with a timid smile. She carefully placed the paper bag she was holding on Jimin’s desk.

Jimin’s eyes beamed at the sight and the smell of food. She might scold Aeri later, though, for disturbing Minjeong and asking her a favor.

From what she remembers about the girl, she entered the company a year after her and Aeri. She was placed on Aeri’s team, and they have been close ever since.

Very little was known about the girl since, as per her best friend, Minjeong is a very private person. She greets everyone with a smile, but she just talks to a handful of people, and Jimin might be a little lucky to be one of those handful of people.

Jimin is still feeling giddy with the smell of the food, and Minjeong was standing a few feet away from her when her trance was cut off with her stomach growling. She and the smaller girl can’t help but laugh at the sound of it.

"Thank you, Minjeong. You’re a lifesaver. I think my stomach will start eating itself if you don’t come bring food." She joked to hide the embarrassment.

"Not a problem, Miss Yu. I’ll get going now,” Minjeong replied with a smile ghosting her lips.

"Hey, I told you there was no need to call me Miss Yu. Just call me Unnie, like how you call Aeri,” Jimin reminded before waving a little goodbye to the girl. Minjeong, on the other hand, just answered her with a nod and a smile. It has been months, and she can’t help but notice how the younger girl keeps on addressing her with such seniority when she doesn’t have any problem addressing anyone else as unnie.

Jimin’s mind drifted from thinking of that to digging in on the food given to her. She made a mental note to herself to thank Aeri for the food. She sighed contentedly as she devoured the donkatsu she received. She also added to her mental reminder to ask her best friend for the store where she bought it because it tasted so good.

 

 

 

 

"No coffee this time?" Aeri asked upon seeing the empty spot on her friend’s desk. She looked at Jimin, whose face is painted with disappointment that she won’t be getting her daily dose of caffeine (and maybe she misses those little scribbles as well).

Jimin just shrugged, proceeding to arrange her table. She does actually feel a bit of disappointment because she was used to reading those little notes and letters every morning to start her day. Maybe her ‘admirer’ decided to stop giving her gifts as well.

"You know what? Whoever they are, I think it’s thoughtful of them not to give you coffee today. Remember that you keep on complaining to me last night about your stomach." Aeri chided, remembering how she was trying to lecture her best friend the previous night while she was also on FaceTime with he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter