Chapter 5: Blame My Ego

Sometimes It Hurts To Love

Donghae’s POV

It’s true.

I made a bet on my best friend.

I never expected I did that, not until that night. The night that made me feel like a betrayer. The night that I barely could sleep because of the weird feeling I was having. The feeling of afraid of what he would think, what he would say and most importantly, what he would feel. If it wasn’t because of my ego, none of this might ever happened.

*********

We stayed in the dorm that night. Unlike Heechul-hyung and Ryeowook, who filled their schedules with lots of activities, the rest of the us were in the 11th floor dorm, doing nothing. I was sitting on the dining table, together with Shindong and Leeteuk-hyung who were dying of boredom.

“Yah~I’m so bored. Being an idol is tiring, but doing nothing is much more tiring!” Shindong protested with an annoyed look and a pair of chopstick in his hand. That’s the only thing he does when he’s bored, eating.

“ Shindong, do something else rather than eating. You know, this is the cause why you always get *yo-yo every time you tried to diet.” Leeteuk-hyung advised him but Shindong-hyung ignored him and continued eating.

He looked at Leeteuk-hyung, smiling, “Hyung, remember, I’m the one who will get to marry first,” and Leeteuk-hyung just snorted, annoyed by the fact that he was right.

The members were shocked back then, when we received news that Shindong-hyung is getting married to a girl, Nari. She is Shindong’s hoobae* and we have to admit, she is a really caring and cute girl by the way she treat him and Super Junior like her own family.  She wasn’t really our obsessed-fan though, so E.L.F didn’t protest when they heard that shocking news and yet, encourage him.

I assumed that E.L.F were just worried that she might love him just because of his fame and money, but since she is a really good girl, they just hope that Nari can take a good care of him.

That’s our fans, E.L.F.

The one who understand us and always support us no matter what we do.

Leeteuk-hyung always reminds us,

“Remember, we are being what we are right now, right here, because of our fans, and we have to be thankful for that. They always support us through the bad and good times, and the only thing we could do is to repay their love by doing our best in everything.”

Super Junior will always remember our leader’s, Leeteuk-hyung’s word, today, tomorrow,

Forever.

~~~~~~~~

“Cho Kyuhyun! Don’t be so mean to your hyung!” I heard Hyukjae shouted, and I could see him, following Kyuhyun around the living room.

“No! No! And no!” Kyuhyun shouted, hugging his PSP and tried to stay away from the depressed Hyukjae who has been following Kyuhyun for quite some time now, begging the magnae to lend his PSP. We were not the only who suffered, though. Sungmin decided not to interfere with the argument and watched the television, ignoring them.

“Yah~ I’ll be borrowing it just for a few minutes, for the God’s sake! What’s so difficult about that?” he crossed his arms and stared at Kyuhyun, while the rest of us just watching them.

It’s not that we had better things to do. We could enjoy a drama about two friends who quarrelled because of some game.

And again, a stupid one too.

Hyukjae is so cute when he is bored, no, he’s cute no matter what he does. I don’t know about others, but I’ve always think that he is cute and loveable since we were just trainees.

Since I first met him.

 

“In which part of the word ‘no’ that you didn’t understand?” now Kyuhyun was the one who was crossing his arms, being stubborn.

“Kyuhyun, don’t be rude to your hyung, just give him the PSP,” Shindong-hyung, who became more depressed by just watching them, finally uttered, irritation visible in his voice. Shindong-hyung’s words made Kyuhyun turned to face him.

“I’m not being rude! You know how much this PSP means to me?” he declared with a disbelief look. He loves his PSP so much that made him protects it with all his life, worrying that Hyukjae might hurt it.

“Kyuhyun,” I said, decided that I had enough of the drama, and looked at him.

“Please, give him the PSP, or else, he’ll die,” I uttered, giving him a serious look.

 “But--” he paused when I just stared at him, and he finally gave in.

“There you go..” he handed over his beloved PSP to Hyukjae, without even looking at him and stomped to the couch to sit beside Sungmin.

He was being sulky, I guess.

I have always been the one who doted on him the most in Super Junior, and the way I took Hyukjae’s side, instead of his earlier, perhaps made him thought that I treat Hyukjae better than him. Although he is our magnae, if he made me choose on who’s side I should be,

Then, I have to choose Hyukjae.

“Thank you, Hae! You are my saviour!” Hyukjae said brightly, and gave me a hug before ran to the couch to join the other two, one who was sulking and the other one who acted that he couldn’t care less.

I was startled by Hyukjae’s action. The hug made me stiff, unable to utter a word and I knew how much I was blushing but it seemed like I couldn’t control the feeling. It made me my cheeks reddened, and I kind of like it.

“Donghae,” Leeteuk-hyung’s voice snapped me back to reality. “Are you okay? You seem like you’re thinking hard about something,” he frowned.

“Im..fine.” I smiled.

I am, am I?

 

“Donghae-yah, I’ve been thinking lately,” he whispered as he leaned closer to me and made me follow his action to hear what he had to say.

“Do you still take bets?” he continued and his goof face turned into a serious look.

“What bet?” I prompted, realizing that he might have a naughty plan in his head.

“Aish, hyung, trust me. He wouldn’t dare to do so.” Shindong-hyung chipped in and made me more eager to know what they was talking about.

“What bet?” I repeated myself.

Leeteuk-hyung’s attention turned to the annoying Shindong-hyung, who interrupted our conversation.

“I really think that we should give it a try,” he tried to convince him and I was left alone, clueless on what was happening.

“Can anybody please tell me, what bet are we talking about!?” I shouted and Leeteuk-hyung quickly covered my mouth, whispering, “Keep your voice down or else we won’t tell you,” he threatened and since I was really curious, I just obeyed him without arguing.

He looked around the living room and let out a relief sigh after knowing that nobody heard my loud voice.

“Listen,” he whispered and I just kept my mouth shut.

“Make Hyukjae fall for you in two months,” he said bluntly and I couldn’t help but to raise my voice once again.

“WHAT!?”

“Donghae, calm down.” Shindong-hyung tried to calm me, but I was still shocked by Leeteuk-hyung’s idea.

 How can he make a serious thing like this as a bet?

“Hyung, how could you this? It involes Hyukjae’s feelings..” I uttered, after I finally could get a grip of myself and gave him a disappointed look.

“What do you mean? We’ll tell him in a month, so don’t worry,” he said before continued, “You guys have been best friends for so long and you know that he’s not the type that get mad easily. Donghae-yah~ we are like brothers and we love each other so this kind of bet won’t affect our friendship.” he explained and I smirked when I listened to the word; ‘brother’. Of course as brother, what else could it be?

“It’s just for fun, to test how deep Hyukjae’s love for you,” he smiled and placed his hand on top of mine.

“Besides, I want to see if he would get fooled again this time. We prank him so many times and yet, he always ended up being fooled. I think we can fool him again a few more times,” Leeteuk-hyung chuckled and I just smiled. Hyukjae has proven his love Super Junior numerous time, and I still remember when we made him cry, quarrelling among ourselves during the ‘hidden camera’ when we were shooting for Exploration of Human Body.

The innocent Lee Hyukjae.

“I’m sure that Hyukjae won’t mind, unless..” he leaned back on his chair and crossed his arms.

“Unless, you have ‘feelings’ for each other--” he narrowed his eyes, stressing the word feeling and I knew he was thinking about something else, something that would definitely make me blush.

 “Of course not!” I prompted when he gave a suspicious look and made me avoid his eyes.

“Then, just do it..” he tried to persuade me.

“But—”

“See, hyung. I told you so. He wouldn’t dare to do so. He’s afraid that he might hurt his bestfriend’s heart..”

“I’ll do it.” I blurted.

“Huh?” the two said in chorus and blinked, as if they couldn’t quite believe their own ears.

“I’ll do it. I’ll make Hyukjae fall for me in a month.” I sighed and turned my head to look at Hyukjae, who was lying on the couch and smiled to himself while playing games. He looked so innocent and he didn’t even know that I, his best friend, just made a bet on him.

I was afraid that he might hurt and yet, I thought that it’s just impossible. He would never fell for me, ever.

Besides, what harm could it do?

I didn’t know why I agree on that bet, but I needed to make sure something and I wanted to know it so bad.

Will Hyukjae fall in love with me?

Will he be able to overcome his shyness and prove his love to me? 

 

 

 

&&&&&&&&

sorry for the late update ..T_T

i'm going to give some explaination for those who don't understand some korean terms in this chapter (for those who understand,please ignore this~~~^^):

*yo-yo =a korean term for people who gain back their weight after diet,,~shindong lost 20 kilos and he gained back 15 kilos~~

*hoobae= the opposite of sunbae (it's true,she is Shindong's hoobae.Shindong found her picture in a yearbook photo,,she's so cute!!>.<)

*i'm going to make a shout out now~~*

this story is  dedicated to :

ifallelsefails  : my idol who inspires me a lot!! thanks unnie~~i can't wait to for your next update,,please update soon~~from now on,i will surf internet every single day to make sure that i won't miss your story~~XDXD i miss Eunhae's moments~~by the way,thanks for the tips,I'll  try harder to improve my writing,,HWAITING!!^^ thanks a lot for your help and support~~*bow 90 degree*^^ Love u!!XDXD

p/s: Let's love Eunhae and Super Junior for the rest of our lives~~^^

subiwillkeks  : unnie,,unnie,unnie~~~^^ you've been there for me most of the time, encouraging me every step and we share a lot of stories, so this time, let me take care of u, okay? although i don't really know how, i mean, we are so far apart. But that doesn't stop me from telling you how much I love u!!>.< *HUG* if you have problems,then u can share it with me..*pointing at myself proudly*>///< I won't mind hearing your problems,in fact, i would love to be the shoulder that u would lean on,(is this sentence correct?) *i'm so cheesy*

*forgive me, my English is bad*

p/s: i miss baby Kyu..LOL

supergirl94ily  : my dearest cousin~~ i miss u..*although we meet frequently, but i still miss u..XDXD* thanks for all your help,,,really,really,really,really,,really~~if I have to write how much I appriciate your help, a day won't be enough~~without you, i would never have the chance to write this fanfics..and sorry,for the times i call u,asking..'is this sentence correct' and blah,blah~ i know it's so annoying but i really want to do my best~~^^ so decided to ask for your help..i'll read more books,,i promise,,>.< i'll study harder next time so that i won't be a burden to you anymore~~~uh..writing this make me want to cry~~T_T

p/s:update soon~~i can't wait to see Hyukjae's romantic side..>///////< do your best,okay? oh,n you have to study for your SPM!!^^ Love u~~XDXD

Stikboi  : stiki, stiki, stiki~~^^ *calling u stiki makes me feel like we're really close~~XDXD* u are really nice,u know that??u're the first guy ELF I met and that proves guys also love Suju!! *for my friends(mainly for guys),,who don't really understand the fact that Suju is indeed special,Stiki proves to you that even guys can fall for Suju~~* thanks for being one of my closest friend here in AFF..^^ u share a lot of stories with me and I hope our friendship will last for long~~

p/s: i need to tell u this,I'm not a stalker~~*although i read your comments and blogs but that doesn't mean that i'm stalking u..*pouts*..Eunhae is for everyone..LOL..n about the dream,i know about it because,,*whisper* i'm a mind-reader..muahahh ( i feel like a complete idiot right now~~T_T).. Love u!!XDXDXD

 

**n for those who commented on my story and even subscribe, thank u so muchhhh~~~XDXDXD

if i haven't thank you guys personally, then i would like to thank u all right now~~i really appriciate it~~^^

*i'm having some problems cause i can't seem to detect my own subscribers~~T_T..i'm sorry for being such a fool~~>.<

~aish..it's a pretty long shout out, isn't it? i should learn how to talk less~~

******bye-bye~^^*****