Chapter 6 : You Are Mine

Sometimes It Hurts To Love

Eunhyuk’s POV

I opened my eyes slowly when I heard a voice, and almost rolled out of bed when I saw Donghae’s face just inches in front of mine. What’s he doing here!? Owh, wait. He slept here last night! He’s probably right. I need to find myself a doctor as I kept forgetting things at such a young age.

He frowned and mumbled a few times, and then went back to sleep.

 “Cute.” I mumbled to myself. Wait, what? No, no,no. This is not right. Correction, this is wrong, completely wrong.

“Hyuk..” I heard him mumbled my name in his sleep. Me? Why me?

Is he dreaming about me?

 I was kind of hoping he did, in good way, of course, but my hopes went flat I saw him frown and I supposed, it wasn’t really a pleasant dream. It seemed like he was having a nightmare, if you ask me.

I should have woken him up and yet, I couldn’t. We have never been this close since Super Junior got involved with activities and everybody were busy doing their own things, including me and Donghae. We have been together when it comes to Eunhae’s fan services but it is true that our friendship is nothing more than just fan services?

The touch, the hugs on stage means nothing?

 I want to be loved, and as crazy as it sounds, not because of the screaming fans or cameras, but because I want to feel his sincere love, only for me.

I’m already aware that he only thinks of me as his best friend, and never more than that. Sometimes, I think that I never acted like I’m his best friend, although I am. I stared at him, wondering if I should wake him up, but if I did, he would get up of this bed and walk away.

Who knows when we will have this chance again, being together? I want him here, right now and I don’t want him to go and leave me like he used to. If I could have a wish, then I would have wish that the time would stop and let me enjoy this precious moment just for a second. I want to cherish this moment, with my best friend.

Just the two of us.

~~~~~~~~

He looked so peaceful and I guess he was back into his sleep. I let out a relief sigh, knowing that nothing bothers him now, and I don’t really know why, but seeing him hurt makes me hurt too.

I continued staring at him and I didn’t even realize that I was touching his face, caressing his cheek lightly. I knew what he would think, if he saw me, but that moment, I didn’t care. All I wanted to do was to touch him and protect him.

I touched the tip of his pointy nose and bit my lip to hold back my chuckle, seeing how cute he looked when he’s asleep.

“He said he loves me more than her..” I murmured in a very low voice, worrying that I might wake him up, as my finger slid down, tracing his perfect jaw line.

Abruptly, I felt that my wrist was being held tightly and my eyes widened.

“You like it, didn’t you?” I heard Donghae whispered and I swore, I thought my heart was going to explode!

I kept hoping that a hole would suddenly appear on the bed and swallow me, or somebody would burry me, anything, anything at all to take away shame that was eating me alive. I wanted to believe what he said was just a part of my crazy imagination but unfortunately, it wasn’t. It’s too late to back off.

“Um..Hae..since when you’re awake?” I asked gently and slowly lifted my head to see him although I was shaking like hell inside.

He opened his eyes and smirked, “Longer that you thought..” he uttered while his hand was still holding my wrist, tightly.

“Owh. I n-eed to go to th-e bathroom~” I cursed myself for stuttering but seriously, who wouldn’t stutter after being caught, touching your best friend’s face like some kind of ert?

“Come here.” he whispered and I could feel his hand encircling my waist, pulling me closer to him.

“Hae..wh..what are you doing? Let me go,” I pleaded but he insisted. He’s indeed a naughty fish.

I struggled to free myself from his embrace but strange enough, I couldn’t. Deep inside, I knew that I wasn’t that weak and pushing him away might be an easy job for me.

His strength isn’t the problem, but me,

I become weak when I’m with him.

Only when I’m with him.

My face got even redder and I froze when he buried his face on my neck. I could feel his warm breath against my skin, my name which was not a very good idea because it might cause me to...no, I shouldn’t even have that kind of thought in my mind.

“Sleep with me some more,” he uttered and I shouted out of panic after hearing his words which in my opinion, sounded kind of erted but I quickly shook my head vigorously, trying to get rid of that idea.

“Lee Donghae! Let go of me now! You’re scaring me!” I warned him and he just ignored me.

“You’re the one who’ asking for this. You were acting like a ert just now, touching me when I’m sleeping and now you’re asking me to let you go? Hyukkie, it’s hard for me to understand you, you know.” he said in a serious tone while glaring at me, dumfounded.

He was right though, and I found it hard to understand it too. I didn’t understand myself either.

“Hyuk, when you did that, I assumed that you wanted some skin ship,” he blushed.

“Aish..what are you talking about!? Don’t be ridiculous! M-e? Skins-ship? Dream on!”

He smirked and I guess my words didn’t convince him.

“Say what you want, but I’ll never let you go!” he prompted, hugging me even tighter than before and I couldn’t help but to give in. I smiled to myself, realizing how much I enjoy this kind of moments.

If this is the way he shows me how much he loves me, then I’ll never want him to let me go.

~~~~~~~~~

He door creaked open and we stiffened as we saw Leeteuk-hyung with his hand still on the door knob and his mouth was in shape of a big letter ‘O’. He looked like he just saw something that he shouldn’t and for this case, me and Donghae in bed, hugging like mad lovers. He hesitated for awhile, wondering if he should ignore of interrupt that moment while Donghae kept his head down. I took that chance to release myself from him and tried to break the silence.

“Hyung..” I mumbled, trying to fix a sentence so that he wouldn’t misunderstand with the whole situation and yet, I knew what was in his mind. Sure enough, it wasn’t a good one.

“Am I interrupting something..” he uttered, his voice was no more than a whisper.

“NO!” me and Donghae prompted in chorus and we took a glance of each other before turning to the other way, pretending like nothing happened.

 “You’re not interrupting anything,” I lied and he just frowned.

“Okay..then, come and have breakfast.” he said before placing his hands on his waist and gave Donghae a sharp look.

“Did I just warn you last night, don’t do anything weird to Hyukjae?” he huffed and Donghae gave him an innocent look.

Donghae’s POV

I saw Hyukjae’s reaction when Leeteuk-hyung said that and it’s none other than, blushing. He’s so shy and he keeps on blushing when he’s with a girl or sometimes, when other members tell us that we look like a real couple because we keep on holding hands wherever we go. They said that we act more like normal friends do.

We are not friends. We are best friends.

Or maybe, more than.

 

“What do you mean? We didn’t do anything..” I paused and turned to look at him, who was sitting next to me, hugging his knees with his burning cheeks.

“Yet..” I added, attempting to make him blush even more and as expected, he looked like he was going to burst.

“I’m just going pretend that I’ve gone temporarily deaf and I didn’t hear what you just say,” I heard Leeteuk-hyung said before went out of the room, leaving me and the shy Hyukjae alone.

“You ert fish! I know how much you love cuddling, but was that really necessary!? Do you really need to do say that in front of Leeteuk-hyung!? Don’t you think that you have proven enough to other people that we are best friends?” he shouted and stood up while hugging a pillow, as if for protection.

“Woah~so many question and I didn’t even know where to start..” I scratched my head before grinning to him, cheekily. “And my answer is simple my dear Hyukjae, yes. That was really necessary. Yes, I really need to say that in front of Leeteuk-hyung but, for the last question..I’m sorry, no. I don’t think that I have proven enough to other people about us. In fact, I want to shout out to the whole world that you are mine,” I uttered and he bit his lip.

Take that Hyukkie! You should know how romantic Lee Donghae can be! Oh yeah, this fish can be really possessive when it comes to his monkey.

I giggled but the look of Hyukjae’s face made me raise an eyebrow. Usually, when I say things like this, he would smirk and tell me to stop this nonsense, although I know he likes it a lot.

Ok, maybe a little.

“Don’t you think that you’re being too possessive, Hae?” he asked out of the sudden and I frown.

“Remember that day, when a fan claimed that I belong to her and you told her that I’m yours? You guys even quarrelled about me,” he explained and sat beside me, while staring at me in the eyes. “She’s a fan, Hae, a fanatic one. It’s normal when they say that and please, don’t be so jealous because there is no way that she will take me from you,” he uttered and eyed me, silently asking me to understand his situation.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to fight with her because of you. As fans, they should know that you belong to me. We aren’t Eunhae for nothing right? I just hate it when fans keep on saying that they own you although they are already aware that I OWN YOU, obviously,” I insisted, crossing my arms on my chest and looked away while he frowned.

“Me, saying that there’s no one can set us apart doesn’t mean that you have the right on me. Since when do you own me? I own me!” he exclaimed and that made even depressed without a reason and I eyed him furiously.

“FINE! Don’t expect me to show my love to you anymore. No, talking, no cuddling and no hugging!” I protested and yet, I know, no matter how much he complains on how clingy I am, he never meant it.

He let out a heavy sigh when I threatened him and seeing how sulky I was, he tugged my arm lightly, searching a way to make me feel better.

“Donghae, don’t be so childish. Um..What do you think if I say that I belong to Eunhae?” he suggested and I turned to him, grinning.

“Much better,” I replied and he chuckled before standing up, and took a few steps away from me.

“But that doesn’t mean that you can do anything that pop in your little polluted mind,” he warned and even pointed his finger on me while I couldn’t stop laughing, realizing how cute he can get when he’s being super cautious. He was joking, of course. I would never do that, although most of the time, I think that he’s to hot to ignore but, my mind keeps telling me that it’s wrong.

It’s wrong to fall for your best friend Donghae, because it might ruin your friendship with him and you would never forgive yourself if that happen.

“Whatever. I’m going to sleep some more. Join me, if you like,” I grinned and propped up on my elbow. Seeing the naughty side of me, he smirked.

“Yah~Get up already! If Leeteuk-hyung found us here again, who knows what he might think!” he yelled while throwing the pillow he was hugging to me, and yet, I kept my eyes shut.

“I don’t want to wake up~”

“Hurry up!!”

“No~”

Lee Donghae is stubborn. Yes, I will get what I want, whenever I want and nothing could stop me so just give up, Hyukkie.

Silence settled over us and I swore I didn’t heard his voice, telling me to stop being lazy, like he usually does. He must fell for my aegyo again. Well, as always. Me and my aegyo, it works every time!

~~~~~~~

I felt soft and warm lips, pressed against my cheek and my body stiffened. I couldn’t move, or even speak as I was too shock to react but my heart, my heart went crazy and it’s all because of him. There was a sudden ear-splitting crash as the door was slammed and it made me jumped on my bed.

I opened my eyes, trying to confirm what I had in my mind and scanned the whole room but there was no sign of him.

Did Hyukjae just kiss me?

“Now who’s the ert,” I smiled to myself and reached for my towel before heading to the bathroom.

 

Eunhyuk’s POV

I kissed him! I just kissed him! I’m a guy who just kissed his best friend and felt guilty for doing that. He wouldn’t have something else on his mind, would he? But what if he thought that I was trying to seduce him?

That beautiful look of his while he was sleeping, drove me crazy and I couldn’t believe I failed to control my feelings.

MY WHAT!?

Okay, Hyukjae, let’s come back to the real world now, and stay away from the fantasy dream  about you, having some forbidden feelings for Donghae because there’s no way that would ever happen.

Knowing that it’s somehow true, my heart hurts. A lot.

I kept thinking about him and the kiss, I didn’t even realize that I was standing in front of the 11th floor dorm. Sure enough, the members were there, inside the dorm, having breakfast. I took a deep breath and opened the door slowly. The dorm were filled with  noises, the way it usually does when our members gather together and believe it or not, living with idols doesn’t really something that you should be amazed about. By that, I mean, a bit irritating.

Yet, no matter how loud and annoying Super Junior can be, we always love each other, and nothing can ever stop that.

The loud voice in the dorm turned into silent when I took a few steps to the kitchen, joining them at the dining table.

“So where’s Donghae?” was the first question they asked me when I reached the table.

Why did he have to mention his name after that embarrassing thing I just did?

“How should I know?” I whispered but loud enough for them to hear as I sat on an empty chair and started to eat everything that caught my sight, as fast I could, only to prevent them from noticing how shaky I was inside.

“Oh, come on. Leeteuk-hyung said that Donghae slept in your room last night,” Yesung-hyung teased and I turned to look at Leeteuk-hyung. He just smiled, but the smile was too thin.

“You guys shared bed again didn’t you?” Heechul-hyung, who was sitting beside me, smirked. I flustered but I tried to hold it back by eating faster and thank goodness that the bowl was made out of steel or else it would have been explode because of that strong grip I was giving.

“Okay, I’m not really interested about your personal matters and I was just asking, but at least give me back my food,” he uttered before pointing at a bowl which I was holding, “It’s my food you’re eating,”

“Um..Sorry,” I mumbled before returning the bowl and he snorted, “Kids,”

Smart move, Hyukjae! Distracting yourself by eating other people’s food was never a good plan!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The door flung open and familiar voice could be heard and that voice, would be the last thing I would want to hear that moment.

“Good morning, guys! Having breakfast?” Donghae greeted brightly as he walked over, approaching our table and sat beside me. He didn’t have any other place to sit but beside me, huh?

“You seem so happy. Something good happened? Did you win a lottery?” Siwon asked and let out a chuckle.

“Yeah. I’m happy, but lottery isn’t the only thing that made me happy, you know. It’s way more precious than that,” he uttered and winked at me, with a wide grin.

“This morning,” he took a glance at me for awhile before continued, “The shy Lee Hyukjae, who often gets blush whenever I try to approach him, just kissed me.” he confessed proudly and I tried to defend myself but my words was cut off when the other members burst into laughter and some of them stared at me, like I just have done a crime.

One of the people who was looking at me, was Leeteuk-hyung. His face somehow, showed a different sign than the other members. He looked worried rather than shocked.

“Seriously?” Heechul-hyung asked and Donghae nodded.

“I never know you like this kind of things. You know what? I think, you should learn from the expert,” he crossed his arms and smirked.

I understand it, alright. The expert is none other than himself who caught the netizen’s attention, not to mention the media, by kissing our group members, Siwon and Sungmin. What was more surprising was that the innocent Henry was also involved in his little-evil plan. I mean, who would walk over to other guys and gave them a surprise kiss while they were playing drums, guitar or violin in a performance with thousands of people watching?

“For the record, it was just a peck on the cheek and no thank you, hyung,” I managed to say as I gave Heechul-hyung a cold look.

“Besides, it was just a wake up call, or you could say, a punishment because you didn’t wake up when I told you too,” I uttered, but I assumed that it wasn’t really a punishment. He looked like he enjoyed the kiss.

Well, I had to confess, I didn’t regret I did that, though.

 

“Although I was amazed by your courage to kiss other guys because of fans, but still, the kiss means nothing more than just a fan service, right? I won’t kiss Donghae just for fan services..” I uttered and paused when I realized that I got everyone’s attention, especially Donghae who bit his lips and stared at me with wide eyes.

Did I mention that he looks extremely cute when he does that? Okay, enough with that.

 

Donghae’s POV

“Did I just say something wrong?” he asked innocently and Yesung-hyung scratched his head, not knowing how to explain Hyukjae’s own word.

“Um..you just said that you won’t kiss him JUST for fan services..” he frowned, highlighting the word ‘just’ to make him realize that he just said something that he shouldn’t.

 Something that would lead to huge misunderstanding, even among members.

It took some time for Hyukjae to process Yesung-hyung’s sentence in his mind. He was staring at me, blankly and quickly covered his mouth when realization hit him.

 “Does that mean you would kiss him for real, and not just for fan services?” Ryeowook asked innocently and I chuckled while looking at Hyukjae who was trying to deny everything and yet, he couldn’t. He stuttered and even stood up at some point, placing his hands on his waist.

“What I’m trying to say is..” he took a deep breath before continued, “ I wouldn’t kiss him for real just because of some fan services, unless if it was for the sake of the fans. But still, I know my limits and I would never cross than line,” he uttered and somehow, I hated him for saying that because I know it was hard for me to accept the truth.

When the other members heard his explanation, they burst into laughter except for me.

I had to control my feelings although his words were like a stab on my heart. Hyukjae knows how much I love him and I keep on reminding him every single day and yet, he doesn’t even respond or insist.

Does he even love me?

Does kissing me hurt him that bad?

I turned my head to face the table, hiding my face from his view so that he wouldn’t notice how hurt I was. Abruptly, I felt his hand was placed gently on top of mine.

“But no matter what happens, I’ll always love you,” he mumbled shyly and the pain I felt was washed away and replaced by warm feeling.

“I know,” I whispered, grinning a mile wide as I pinched his cheeks.

“Ouch, that hurts,” he whined and made me chuckle while the rest of the members groaned.

“Then, does this helps?” I uttered as I pulled him for a hug and I earned another blush from him. I love hugging, especially if it involves Hyukjae.

“Yah~Stop it, people are watching..”

“Be honest with me, Hyukkie. Do you really want me to stop?” 

“.......”

I know he wouldn’t dare to insist since he didn’t push me back. I pulled my head a bit to see his reddened face but, he remained silent so I took it as a ‘no’.

“This..” I heard Kyuhyun said before he continued, “This is very awkward situation, and trust me when I say, I really don’t want be a part of this,”

Kyuhyun stood up and pushed his bowl lightly until it stopped right in front of Hyukjae. “Eunhyuk-hyung, would you mind, washing the dishes?” he asked and before Hyukjae got the chance to answer, he interrupted, “I’m just going to leave it here,” he smiled devilishly, and Hyukjae just nodded.

He walked toward his laptop to continue his gaming-activities, I guess.

Some people might think that Hyukjae is such a dumb for letting someone younger than him treat him like that but I know he is just being nice. Ah, Hyukjae, you are too kind to your dongsaeng, and even obey him when he instructs you to do chores.

But that is one of the reason why I couldn’t stop myself from loving you; sweet and innocent.

********

The other members continued eating and chattering, ignoring us. It’s true that sometimes they are irritated, but most of the time they just overlook us because they are know how tight we are and getting in Eunhae’s way is definitely something that they wouldn’t want to do.

I was listening to Hyukjae who was busy telling his jokes with various expressions and seeing him made me smile to myself. I had to force myself to laugh although I wasn’t even sure what’s there to laugh about. His happiness is an important thing to me and yet, I even dare to bet on something that would surely hurt him.

But as long as the bet remains secret, I’m safe.

We rushed to Kyuhyun who was sitting on a couch when we heard his voice, calling out our names. It was more of a shout. Aish, this magnae, when will he learn to show some respect to his hyungs?

“What?” Hyukjae asked as stared at the monitor and pointed on the screen of the laptop. He took a glance at us and he dragged his eyes back to his laptop.

“You guys have to see this,” he uttered and we raised an eyebrow, wondering what put him in this kind of state.

We decided to take a look at it, and just like him, our eyes widened.