Chapter 7 : Because Of You

Sometimes It Hurts To Love

Donghae’s POV

I threw my head back on the couch, shutting my eyes as I tried to sort things out.

Why are things getting more and more complicated? Why does it has to be me?

I took a glace at the paper I was holding and let out a heavy sigh, an action which I unconsciously did every time I read what’s written on it. Hatred, pain and disappointment engulfed me and as much as I wanted to throw it away, I couldn’t. I was the one who got myself involve into this and I should be the one who fix it, without getting anyone else know about it.

“Um..Donghae?” I heard a voice whispering my name and stood up, placing my hands behind my back abruptly.

“Yeah?” I responded and flashed an awkward smile at Hyukjae.

“Let’s go,” he uttered and I followed him as I slipped the paper into my pocket. “Coming,”

Phew, that was close.

****************

Cheers and applause surrounded the whole stadium as we bowed at the screaming fans, a way of saying thank you for all their support that never ends. We stood up and waved to the fans as we walked out of the stage, heading to our dressing room.

 “Fuh~that performance was great!” Siwon exclaimed, putting his arm around me and I smiled.

We just finished another performance and it was a blast. “I just hope this never ends,” he uttered and I grinned while holding his arm.

We are always tired, the dance practices the shows and schedules make us exhausted and we barely had the time for ourselves. There are some times that we hardly sleep and yet, we never regret it. The tears, the pain led us to this and we are grateful that we’ve come this far. From the day I was born, until now, until the day I die, the decision of joining Super Junior would never be wrong.

 “Me too, I never want this to end. We would never stop doing this,” I smiled.

“No, we wouldn’t. Until the day that we’re old and no longer famous, we will still be together like this, or sitting around the firewood and laughed while playing guitar and singing, having a great time.” Leeteuk-hyung beamed at the thoughts and Yesung-hyung hugged him.

“That’s right, we will,” he uttered and Ryeowook chipped in, “When we are old, huh? With grey hairs and beards~” he grinned and faced Leeteuk-hyung.

“You’re going to be really old at that time,” he joked and Leeteuk-hyung chased him around the room, “You little brat! Come here! I’m not that old!” and as usual, the room echoed with our laughter.

********************

When we reached our dorm, I was talking to Leeteuk-hyung and before I had the opportunity to pushed the elevator’s button, I felt Hyukjae’s hand, pulling me back and stared me intently. He whispered, “We need to talk,”

He turned his gaze to Leeteuk-hyung before murmuring, “I’m going to discuss something with Donghae.”

He dragged me to his dorm and head off to his room. I eyed him as I followed him obediently while he looked inside the room, making sure that we were alone. I sat on his bed and he locked the door when he was confident enough that nobody would see, or hear us. Slowly, he turned to me while crossing his arms, fixing me with his eyes.

“What’s your problem?”

 

Eunhyuk’s POV

“What’s your problem?” I asked as I walked towards him and sat beside him.

“What problem? I didn’t do anything,” he flustered and that made me suspicious of him even more.

“Exactly. That’s the problem, you didn’t do anything.”

 “Okay, stop playing around. I’m lost.” he said and I sighed, knowing that how dumb this cute fish could be.

“When we performed earlier, you didn’t even touch me, Hae. Except for the time that I approached you, you responded, but still, the look on your face..it’s like, it’s telling me that you didn’t like it and it’s impossible,” I explained briefly and he lowered his head.

“I mean, you always took the chances to cuddle with me, or hug me..” I paused when he lifted his head to look at me. That look in his eyes have always been the sight that I hate the most in the world. His eyes were screaming and yet, he didn’t even dare to open his mouth to utter a word.

Well, I guess I just have to make him do so.

“Donghae, why are you like this? This is so not you. Are you mad at me? If I did anything that hurt you, I want to apologise. Just, don’t avoid me because living, without you being fun and lovable is awkward,” I managed to spill out although I didn’t even know why I did that. It’s embarrassing, but rather being embarrassed than seeing him like this.

He bit his lip, trying to hold back the smile that was slowly forming on his lips.

“You really like it when I tell you this kind of things, huh?” I smirked and he just kept his head down.

“....”

“Donghae?” I whispered and pulled his arm slowly, to get his attention. “What’s wrong? You can tell me,”

After a few moments of pleading and begging, he finally looked at me with a blank face and took a deep breath.“Nothing,”

“What do you mean nothing? I--” I paused when I realized that only one thing that could turn him this way.

 “Are you being like this because of those comments?” I blurted out and it must have been the reason, or else his eyes wouldn’t pop opened wide, telling that he was in shock.

*********

*Flashback*

We rushed to Kyuhyun who was sitting on a couch when we heard his voice, calling out our names. It was more of a shout. Aish, this magnae, when will he learn to show some respect to his hyungs?

“What?” Hyukjae asked as stared at the monitor and pointed on the screen of the laptop. He took a glance at us and he dragged his eyes back to his laptop.

“You guys have to see this,” he uttered and we raised an eyebrow, wondering what put him in this kind of state.

We decided to take a look at it, and just like him, our eyes widened.

“What..what’s all this?” I heard Donghae mumbled, as the three of us couldn’t even blink for a moment.

‘Eunhae?Go to hell’, ‘Trying to win the fans heart by cuddling and hugging? Guess what? It didn’t work!’ ‘You guys make me want to puke!’

The page was filled with negative comments and reading it hurts us so much. It was definitely something new and it wasn’t a pleasant thing.

What did we do to deserve such hateful comments?

“How did you find this?” I asked Kyuhyun.

“I..I just..I was bored and decided to search ‘Eunhae antis’ just for fun..I didn’t even expect this to happen. I didn’t even know you guys have antis,” he uttered and let out a heavy sigh as Donghae shrugged his shoulder.

“We didn’t know either. I thought they love us, being together, Hyuk.”he tugged me slightly before sliding his arms around my waist. He should probably learn when he can be clingy and when he shouldn’t.

“We never have problems with antis before, we didn’t even know they exist!” I exclaimed as I tried to shove him away, and yet, he kept on clinging onto me.

“It’s okay, Hyukkie. Antis are normal for idols, and it’s not a rare thing. We better focus more on our fans than antis. Paying attention to people who hates us for no reason is just a waste of time,” Donghae murmured and a smile slowly flickered on my lips. He sure knows how to make me feel better.

“I guess you’re right,”

********

“Donghae, that moment, you’re the one who tried to calm me by ignoring those antis and now, you’re the one who is getting burdened by it?” I tried to persuade him to share his problems with me but he insisted. Normally, he’s the one who comes to me whenever I’m struggling with problems but things changed. He’s being secretive and I need to be the one who comforts him this time.

 “No. Hyukkie, that’s not the problem. I have a lot of things in my mind right now and I need some time alone. I’ll talk to you later after I sort some things out so don’t worry. I’m fine.” he blurted and patted my back, trying to convince me.

“Really? Are you sure? If you need help, or anything, you can ask me. I’ll be glad to help you,”

He nodded and forced a smile, “Really. You should get some sleep now, it’s late and you have early schedules tomorrow. I’m tired and it would be really helpful if you let me sleep now,” he grinned, at last, but not the grin I usually see.

Ugh, Hyukjae you are being like his mother, worrying to much! He said that he’ll be fine, so there’s nothing to worry about, right?

 

“You’re not going to sleep here?” I asked him as he walked heading to the door.

“No, not tonight,” he flashed a weak smile and walked out of my room.

Now, this is weird. Did he just turn down my offer to let him sleep here? I might be clueless on what’s he’s going through but it sure is something important.

 

*************

Donghae’s POV

“I haven’t seen Hyukjae anywhere. Where is he?” I asked Sungmin as I followed him into the van. We were heading to our dorms, alongside with Kyuhyun and Ryeowook. It was a strange day, concerning Hyukjae wasn’t anywhere we’ve been. We had different schedules, it’s true, but most of the time, he would call me to ask me where I am and join me. Only during times that he didn’t have schedules, of course. He missed lunch with us too and that even made me curious because he never missed it no matter how busy he is.

“I’m not really sure. Isn’t he supposed to meet us a few hours ago? He must have been so tired and even forgot to call us,” Sungmin muttered as he took out his phone. “Not even messages,” he smirked and put away his phone.

************

“Oh, Hyukjae! You’re here?,” Sungmin exclaimed when we opened the door and saw a figure who was watchint the tv with various expressions.

“Yeah. Sorry, I forgot to tell you--”

“Lee Hyukjae! You know how much I’m worried about you!? You didn’t even call me!” I shouted almost suddenly while I rushed to the couch and stood right in front of his face.

“You even missed lunch and care to do some explanation?” I stared at him furiously with arms crossed my chest and he couldn’t help but to frown.

“Now, take it easy, Donghae. You don’t want get into fight with your girlfriend,” Sungmin teased and Hyukjae eyed him in disbelief.

“How in the world, I’m his girlfriend!? Why I got to be the girl?” he yelled.

 “Because I’m not going to be one,” I stuck out my tongue and he whined.

“I don’t want to be the girl!” he prompted.

 “Yah~You both can be a guys and love each other at the same time, happy?” I heard Leeteuk-hyung’s voice came from Hyukjae’s room while he joined us.

Suddenly, Hyukjae and I stiffened when we heard what Leeteuk-hyung just said and the atmosphere turned to silence for a moment.

“This couple..don’t I deserve to sleep? So noisy~” he yawned.

“Hyung.. You’re here too?” Kyuhyun asked him and he just nodded with half-opened eye lids. “I have too. If I’m not here, then who will take care of Hyukjae?” he blurted out before Hyukjae could signal him to keep his mouth shut.

“Hyukkie? What happened? Are you sick?” I abruptly sat next to him as I placed my hand on his forehead but he slowly pulled my hands away.

He sighed in defeat and slowly lifted his jeans to reveal his leg which was neatly wrapped in cloth.

“Not really. I didn’t want you tell this, actually, but thanks to Leeteuk-hyung,” he gazed at him and Leeteuk-hyung just shrugged innocently, “I just think that I need to.”

“So, you’re planning to keep this as a secret from me? But why?” I gave him a questioning look.

“This is why. You’ll be worrying too much over the simplest thing,” he said before added, “Every time I got injured, you would cook for me, take care of me and treat me like I just had an accident while I just had several bruises,” he sighed and I raised an eyebrow.

“Hyuk, that means, I care for you. You should be thankful that I’m here to take care of you and having a caring friend like me isn’t something that most people have. So don’t even try to hide from me or else you’ll be really sorry and you’ll get a mad fish,” I warned him and he chuckled.

“Yeah, yeah. I know. Your babbling is much more worse that my mom’s! By the way, thanks a lot,” he uttered.

Yes, I do care for him. In fact, he’s the only one I care so much in my life, and oddly, I didn’t even care to search for an explanation. I’ve always thought that he deserves to be loved and I want to give him love as much as I could.

Since trainee days, I rarely visit my parents because of practice and the fact that our house is far, made me think of giving up to be a singer. He was the one who stood by my side and encourage me to pursue my dream for my family and I. Although he doesn’t really say he cares for me and loves me, I know he is. I’ve known him long enough to know that he’s shy when it comes to things like this and yet, I’m still grateful for what he had done for me.

“Wait. How did you get hurt?” I asked him as Kyuhyun, Ryeowook and Sungmin approached us to hear his explanation. “Oh yeah, how did you get hurt?” Ryeowook echoed and Hyukjae glanced at us a couple of times, trying to consider whether he should tell it or not.

“If I tell you, promise me that you won’t get mad,” he said and I just nodded.

 

Eunhyuk’s POV

“If I tell you, promise me that you won’t get mad,” I said and he just nodded without taking time to think.

“I just finished my schedule and since I had no better thing to do, I decided to wait for Leeteuk-hyung who was having an interview. I called him and told him that I’ll wait for him so that we can go back to the dorm together. I was standing near the stairs in SBS’s building and I swear I could feel someone pushed me down.” I explained and the three of them just gawked, totally absorbed with the story.

“I fell off the stairs and now, I’m sitting here with an injured leg,” I sighed and waited for their respond, especially Donghae who might explode anytime.

He often pisses of if he knows that someone tries to hurt me. Maybe that’s because he takes a good care of me and that turns him to be over-protective of me. Not that I dislike the idea, knowing someone loves me that much kind of makes me happy.

“Hyukjae, how many times should I tell you? It’s probably just your imagination and besides, you don’t have any proof,” Leeteuk-hyung blurted out but I kept holding on my words because I was definitely sure that I was being pushed.

What was even scarier was that realizing there was a possibility it was done by person who hates me, in another word; antis.

“No! It’s true. I was being pushed! I..” I exclaimed and I let my sentence hung in the air when I noticed Donghae stood up and walked out of the room.

What the...What did I just say?

*******************

Eunhyuk’s POV

I sat at the dining table, staring at Donghae who was uncomfortably seating on the chair, as if my glare was piercing him. He played with his food to ignore me, and I didn’t care how I looked.

Unhappy or extremely mad? Honestly, both.

The members kept talking and didn’t pay attention to us, fully understand that we were in an argument.

Donghae hasn’t talked to me for a week and to be exact, since the day he walked carelessly out of the room when I told him about the incident. I was hoping he would take care of me, or at least, worried. He didn’t even ask me if I was okay or talk to me unless if he needs to. By that, it means when we were in front of cameras and media.

Can’t he act like he cares?

 

“I’m done. I’m going to get some sleep now,” I heard him mumbled and without looking back, he dragged his feet to the door and disappeared from my view.

“Hyung, go and talk to him,” Siwon said with a soft voice.

“Why should I? He’s the one who’s being ignorant and I’m the one who should start a conversation? Well, no thanks,” I eyed him and the rest of the member sighed.

“Hyukjae, don’t be so childish. You know Donghae more than we do, right? He’s still a kid no matter how much he’s grown and you are aware of that. All this time, when you guys had a fight, you are the one who makes the first move of else, you guys won’t hook up,” Heechul hyung added.

It’s true though. If I weren’t the one who apologise to him and he didn’t see how I shy was and forgive me, repeating, saying how cute I look when I’m extremely guilty, we wouldn’t remain best friends until now.  

“Fine. That kid owes me a lot,” I mumbled and left the place while a relief smile plastered on the members’ face.

**********

“Donghae? Can I come in?” I whispered but loud enough for him to hear and yet, my question remained unanswered. I knocked the door several times but still, no respond.

“Okay, fine. You don’t want me to see you, I’ll just leave then,” I said but of course, I was just a lie and I remained in my position while stomping my feet rhythmically to signal him that I was walking away.

As expected, he slowly opened the door and shocked when I was standing in front of him with a big smirk on my face. “You’ll never get rid of me that easily,”

“You win,” he mumbled and let me in.

Now for the hardest part; how in the world I’m going to start a conversation in after a long, silent week?

************

“So..” I said and waited patiently for him to respond.

Owh, Donghae, please respond! I’ll look like a fool if you just keep your mouth shut!

“Why are you here?”

“Why? You don’t like a little visit from your love? Aren’t you the one who often come to see me? Silly,” I said, jokingly and he didn’t smirk or grin, but staring at floor blankly as I eyed him with a frown.

“Used to be. Not anymore. We’re grown up, Hyukkie and I really think that we really need to stop this,” he said sternly.

“Stop what?”

“Stop being like kids and live in an adult life, stop turning our friendship into something more deep and stop deceiving fans into believing that we are more than friends.” He took a deep breath while I hardly could breathe.

“If we want to do that, then we’ll have to stop fan services. They will misunderstand us if we continue on doing this. Yeah, fans would probably love it but we’ll get the media’s attention but, not in the good way.” he panted after saying his sentences in one, long breath.

“What I’m trying to say is, I’ll stay away from you and--”

“Shut up,” I said, placing my hands on his shoulder and pulled him closer to me.

 

Donghae’s POV

“Shut up,” he said, placing his hands on my shoulder and pulled me closer.

“All you have to do is stop saying nonsense and tell me the truth,” he whispered slowly.

“Huh?”

He leaned closer and let his arm, circling me slowly and pulled me into a big, warm hug.

“Are things getting difficult, Hae? Are the problems you’re facing are making you avoiding me?” he asked while patting my back to calm me down.

He’s not the kind of people that enjoys hugging especially when he knows that someone like me would never let go off that opportunity. He often does it when I’m sad or depressed and it never fails to occupy my heart with so much love.

“I must have been so obvious didn’t I?” I sighed and he smirked.

“No, actually, you’re a pretty good actor but I’m smarter than you think. You can fool anyone with that act, Donghae, but not me. I know the real you and what you said earlier was just too impossible to believe that it actually came out from your mouth.” he said in a calm, reassuring tone.

“Hyukkie, how do you know me so well?”

“You’ve been a part of my life, Hae. Knowing you for a very long time makes me notice even the slightest difference in you. Are you suffering that much? It’s rare to see you babble although you are very childish at times,” he pulled his head and our eyes were locked onto each other for a moment.

My heart was beating so fast and I still couldn’t figure out why it constantly happens when he stares at me, deeply.

“I told you, right? If you need help, then all you have to do is ask. What are friends for?” he grinned.

“How can I ask your help if the problems I’m facing are because of you?” I pulled his hand off me to stare at him in the eyes and he froze.

“It’s true. I ended up being like this because of you,” I repeated.

************* 

 

 

 

About the arguements between Hyukkie and Donghae~~i didn't write it because I think Hyukjae is more suitable as a girl..It's just cause Eunhae sometimes fight on what their couple names should be..(hyukjae thinks it's supposed to eunhae cause he once said he is more handsome that Hae..XDXD) Hae prefers Haeeun but he agrees on the name Eunhae as well..LOL 

What I'm trying to say is, I just love them the way they are..^^