2: Lies with a Slice of Jealousy

Delicious

JONGHYUN POV

“Yeobo, are you okay? Hubby looks depressed.”

I looked up to Key.

“Key… I think you really need to stop with this whole JongKey thing,” I whispered into his ear.

“But that fans are watching. They love this .”

SHINee was at a fan meeting and it’s been a day since that meeting.

Yes, with my new g-g…girlfriend, but also with her.

“Well then, call me honey all you want today, then. It’s the last time.”

“What do mean? I thought you said it wasn’t annoying?”

“I-I have to tell you something. I have to tell all of you something.”

“What is it?”

“After the fan meeting in the dressing room, I’ll explain.”

About and hour later, I gathered all of the members and bought some chicken just so Onew pays extra attention.

“So. Something happened.”

“Did you release some nudes?”

“What? Why would you think that?”

“Well…”

“No. I-“

“Oh my God… you overdid it with all of that tongue fan service and broke your tongue? How could you break your moneymaker, Jonghyun!”

“Are you kidding? No, Key. I-“

“…got some chick prego?”

“What does prego mean Minho?”

“Well Taemin, when I guy and a girl go through ual -“

“What does ual mean? Oh, and what’s ?”

“Taemin and Minho, continue your conversation when I actually do become a dad but for now, shut. Up. And. Listen. Guys.”

I was getting pissed but they were finally getting quiet.

“I… have a girlfriend.”

Key choked.

Minho maintained his calm persona.

Onew stopped eating his chicken.

Taemin just stared, jaw on the floor.

“Who?”

“Shin Sekyung.”

“Congratulations but I thought we weren’t allowed to fall in love.”

“I know but-“

“I’m telling Lee Soo Man.”

“Taemin, you don’t have to. He… approves of us.”

“Where did you guys meet?”

I said the first thought that came to mind; to my inconvenience, it was my meeting with Haneul.

“Hm… a bathroom?”

“What?”

“She was lost and I found her.”

“Well isn’t that cute.”
 

HANEUL POV

‘Shin Sekyung and SHINee’s Kim Jonghyun confirmed to be dating!’

‘Kim Jonghyun’s not a single man anymore!’

‘Anti-fans are out to kill and a there is a reported rise of gun sales.’

 

I closed my laptop from all of the online articles and turned to Sekyung.

“I hope they don’t murder you in your sleep. Dating that dude seems like a really big deal.”

“In America, it would be exactly like… like… Justin Bieber telling the world that he’s actually a girl and and pregnant."

“Damn.”

“Exactly.”

“But why didn’t you guys keep it a secret? Isn’t that what idols are supposed to do?”

“I guess you could say our companies wanted to see what happens.”

“Oh, okay, I guess.”

“Well, Jonghyun wants us to go meet the rest of SHINee.”

“Us?”

“Yeah, it’s always us. I’m not leaving you alone. You might wander into North Korea or something.”

“I’m not that stupid.”

“Just come!”

Headphones on, I walked behind Sekyung. She wore a blonde wig and a think coat and sunglasses looking like a billion dollar foreigner; I on the other had hand resembled a plain Korean with my skinny jeans and sweater.
She continued on to the front of a large building, probably full of suites and rooms. I was sifting through my iPod, looking for a new song to play when Sekyung stopped in her tracks.

“D-doojoon?”

I looked up and saw a tall guy standing near the entrance with a collected look on his face.

“I heard the news… Sekyung.”

“What happened to calling me Kyunggie?” I look towards Sekyung again; her voice was breaking.

“I don’t think I’m allowed to call you that anymore. You have a boyfriend now.”

“It’s not what it looks like! I-“

“Why couldn’t you at least tell me beforehand?” He stepped a little closer, now looking desperate.

“I-I…”

“Look, forget it.”

“Doojoon, I-“

“Bye, Sekyung.”

He stepped around us, walking away.

“Doojooon!” Sekyung ran towards him, grabbing him from behind into a back hug.

I am honestly really confused.

He shoved her arms off and continued to walk away. Before totally disappearing around the corner, he quietly said, “I’m sorry for believing everything you told me. And I’m sorry for wasting your time.”

He left. Sekyung sunk to the floor and started to cry.

I ran towards her and knelt down. “Sekyung…” I hugged her; nothing more was said.

 

JONGHYUN POV
“She as a girlfriend. Then again, at least she's hot.”

“What did you say Key?”

“Well she’s late. She’s meeting her future husband’s family too.”

“Key-“

The doorbell rang.

Taemin sprang up and ran to the door. He opened it to an oddly quiet Sekyung and Haneul.

Hanuel.

She was here too.

“Hi! I’m Taemin! Nice to meet you Sekyung!”

Sekyung lightly smiled and bowed. “Hi, nice to meet you; I see you know my name already.”

The other members gathered around the door and greeted and introduced themselves as well.

I stood next to Sekyung but from the corner of my eye, I saw Haneul slowly step back away from the group; she looked left out and forgotten and was about to leave.

“Haneul, why don’t you join us?” She pouted at me, obviously not wanting to be here.

“Sekyung, who’s you friend?”

“Oh! I almost forgot to introduce her! This is my best friend Lee Haneul. Haneul, meet SHINee.”

She looked frustrated but faked a smile as she walked back towards us and into the room.

 

We had some chicken for lunch. Guess who ordered it?

Well all were gathered around the living room, the atmosphere awkward and quiet.

Onew broke the silence. “Jonghyun, why aren’t you sitting next to your girlfriend?”

I was then shoved by Taemin and ended up next to Sekyung.

“Jonghyun, you should put your arm around her!”

“Jonghyun, you guys should sit closer!”

“Jonghyun, closer!”

Jonghyun this, Jonghyun that. my members. Then, out of the blue, Taemin dropped the ultimate bomb.

“Have you guys even kissed? You don’t look that close…”

“Jonghyun, kiss her!”

“KISS HER! KISS HER! KISS HER!”
 

HANEUL POV
Seeing my best friend in silent distress was killing me. What happened a couple minutes earlier obviously shook her up to the point where she couldn’t even sit next to her own boyfriend.

I cleared my throat. “Can you guys stop?”

“Whoa, Haneul talked.”

“You have a cute voice Noona!”

I forgot I’ve been silent since getting here.

“Can you stop harassing them, it’s getting disgusting to look at.”
 

JONGHYUN POV

Ommo… Did Haneul just stop me from kissing Sekyung?

Haneul didn’t want me to kiss her.

Haneul didn’t want me to kiss her.

Maybe… just maybe…

She’s totally jealous and in love with me and there’s hope for us after all.

Maybe, right now, secretly, she’s undressing me with her eyes and totally daydreaming about me.

Yeah, that’s probably why she’s been quiet this whole time!

Mwahahahaha!

The Jjong never fails.


HANEUL POV
I stared at Jonghyun.

A creepy smirk was forming on his face.

“Jonghyun, why are you smiling like that?” Taemin asked, looking slightly terrified.

“O-oh, nothing…”

“Are you thinking about what you and Sekyung are probably going to do tonight?”

“Shut up Key, you sick bastard.”

Ew.

I don’t want to share a dorm with Kyunggie if it involves them and destroying furniture all night, every night. Urgh, I’m in charge of laundry and changing the sheets too. I really would love to avoid any of that.

“So Sekyung, I heard that you and Jonghyun met at a bathroom. Just curious but why were you both in a bathroom together? Like aren’t males and females supposed to go in separate rooms to and pee?” Minho finally spoke up.
What an awkward question.

Who meets their lover in a bathroom?

Sekyung looked slightly annoyed now.

“You told them we met in a bathroom? Is that what you’re going to tell the press too?”

“N-no!”

“Wait… then where did you guys meet?”

 

“Um… through Haneul.”

“Haneul? Hey, Haneul, you knew Jonghyun? I don’t remember meeting you or having him mention you…”

“She’s my best friend! Just, you know, one that was in hiding for a long time. Right, Haneul?”

Jonghyun was secretly winking like crazy trying to hint me to play along. Honestly, I don’t understand why these two were lying but I played along. Sekyung did too, didn’t she?

“Yeah. Yeah, we are. I was in America for a while, that’s probably why you guys don’t know me,” I explained.

“Oh. That makes sense.”

“Yeah. Me and Sekyung are her best friends and thought the two of us should meet. So when she arrived beck here, we all ran into each other fighting over who would pick her up and take her home,” Jonghyun continued on.

Sekyung giggled. “And we kept fighting over who had a better can and Haneul ended up taking the bus.”

“Aaaaw, that’s how you guys met? That’s cute!”


I have to say, Sekyung really is a good actress. Jonghyun… well, he lies good.

These two are the perfect couple.

I think I’m… I’m… what’s this feeling?

Oh, that’s right; jealousy.