1: The Boyfriend and the Best Friend

Delicious

 

JONGHYUN POV

“It’s sketchy but… I guess I’ll do it. It’s not like I have a choice.”

I can’t believe I just ing said yes to something like this.

“Good you agreed Jonghyun. Thank you Sekyung as well. Just remember, don’t tell anyone. Even the other SM artists shouldn’t be informed. Heechul and Key would probably mass text it to the rest of the entertainment community.”

“Yes, sir.”

“Well, you both are dismissed. The news will be released a day after we take the photos; have fun being a couple. Just act like you’re on We Got Married or just fall in love. And I want no pregnancies for now, okay Jonghyun?”

Shin Sekyung was now my new fake girlfriend.

In a day or two, I will end up breaking the hearts of many, many fans.

Let’s just hope that none of them commit suicide.

“Look, I said you were my ideal type but it’s not like I really like you. But hey, let’s just be friends?”

I looked at the girl in front of me. She was in deep thought.

“Don’t worry; I don’t like you like that either. We only need to be lovers in front of the camera right?” And she smiled.

“Yeah, you’re right. And they also said something about publicly going out or riding together to music shows so the paparazzi sees us.”

“Well since you’ll be seeing me a lot now, you’ll be seeing a lot of my best friend too.”

“Your best friend?”

“She’s supposed to be with me wherever I go; she’s new to Korea and doesn't know a thing about the place.”

“Wait, where is she now?”

“Bathroom break.”

“Well that’s one long bathroom break. I haven’t seen you with anyone in 30 minutes or so.”

“You’re right… She’s either lost or the sushi we ate a couple hours ago was bad.”

The two of us separated, running through the skyscraper building.

     “Wait, what does she look like?”

I passed through a couple more halls and rooms, looking for all of the female restrooms.

     “She has a face. With, er, eyes! And she has hair too!”

     “Can you be a little more specific?”

Oh, I found a restroom... I stopped my jog and stood in front of the door ready to open it. . How was I supposed to go in and look for her? I was male, you know, with male parts. I can’t go in there; it’ll ruin my image.

“She’s about my height and her hair’s this long. She was wearing… I don’t remember. Just look for a girl                                                      that either looks lost or just had really bad diarrhea!”

“Can you excuse me; I need to go to the bathroom.”

I turned around to face the voice behind me; it was a girl.

And she was absolutely beautiful.

“I need to use the restroom, can you please move? Hello?” She shook her hands in front of my face. I couldn’t move; all I did was stare with my mouth slightly open. “Hello! Hey! I’ve been looking for the bathroom since forever and I really, really need to go! Can. You. Please. Move?”

“Um…” I moved a couple steps to the side, my eyes still on the girl.

She sped through the door and I was trying to recover from shock.

And couple minutes later, I heard a flush, the water running, the dryer, and soon the door opening. I face the girl again.

“You’re still here? Who are you anyway?”

“Wait, don’t move,” I say to her. She followed my commands, staying in place but raising a brow at my demand.

I walked up to her and placed my hand atop her head, comparing her height with mine. “Hm, you’re the right height.” I focused on her hair. “Your hair’s the right length too…”

“Dude, what are you doing?”

“Did you just have bad sushi?”

“No...”

“Well do you know Sekyung?”

“Look, I’d love to talk but I need to go....”

She her heel and started walking off to the end of the hallway. I couldn’t help but look at her again. I was about to run after her and ask for her name when I heard a voice coming from behind.

“Jonghyun! There you are!” I turned around and found Sekyung huffing and puffing. “Did you find… there she is! How did you not see her?” She went around me and ran towards the girl walking away.

Eh?

“Haneul! There you are!”

“Kyunggie, where were you? I ended up buying some coffee and some weird man kept talking to me. He looked like some … He just kept staring.”

“?”

“Yeah. Him.” And she turned her back and pointed to me.

“Well Haneul, meet my boyfriend, Jonghyun. Jonghyun meet Hanuel.”
 

We sat at the coffee shop inside the SM building.

“Liar.”

“Well you were creepy.”

“How was I creepy?”

“You look like a short and dangerous raptor, that’s why.”

“S-short? Look who’s talking. Someone’s a little smaller than the average too.”

“Will you both shut up?”

“Sorry, honey. This, this child here is just being immature.”

“Child? Well you’re just sensitive about your lack of height.”

“Well you’re lacking more!”

“Hey! I can wear heels!” And I assume she’d look pretty amazing in them.

“Shut the up.” I turned to the very annoyed Sekyung. I’ve never heard her so… mad before.

Sekyung reached over the table and stuffed a brownie in my mouth. I started choking and spit it out onto the plate. I was breathing heavily and glared at the beautiful woman in front of me.

“There Sekyung, your boyfriend finally sounds tolerable. Now I can talk to him like a civilized person. “ She turned her head to me. “You bastard of a ing-” Sekyung stuffed a doughnut into Hanuel’s mouth. She choked her head off too.

“Both of you. Jonghyun. Haneul. Get along. Haneul, I’ll treat you to that dessert place you like for a month; Jonghyun, I’ll… I’ll… what do you like?”

“Coffee.”

“Then I’ll get you coffee for the month. I just need you both to shut up and start over.

A couple minutes later.

“I, Haneul, is sorry I called you a raptor and a .”

"And?"

"And I'm sorry I called you short."

“Good job Haneul! Jonghyun! Your turn!”

“I forgive you. Haneul I… do I really have to do this?”

“Hey! I just did it! You better do it too!”

“She’s right.”

I sighed.

“I, Jonghyun, am sorry I called you immature and apparently acted like a .”

“There you guys go. Now hug and make up.”

“I don’t want to hug him, Sekyung.”

“Just do it; you won’t die.”

And we did.

It was a new feeling; it’s like I just wanted to hold her like this forever; with her being quiet like this though.

She was warm and her skin and hair smelled of a light vanilla.

Tantalizing, no?

“Ugh, I need a shower now,” I said sarcastically as we broke off.

“Sekyunggie, why is he your boyfriend of all people? Wait, why didn’t you tell me anything either?”

“Um…”

. She can’t find out.

This was part of the contract.

“I wanted no one to know,” I said, to save the awkward atmosphere. I s my arm uncomfortably around Sekyung’s waist.
“So are you guys in love?”

I hesitated.

“Yeah.” We both said.

She cocked her eyebrow at us.

“Hold up; Jonghyun, did you get her pregnant?”

“No! Why does everyone assume that?”

Sekyung went ahead and held my hand and looked me in the eyes. “Well if you haven’t noticed, you your lips during performances like it’s addicting and basically you look like a walking maniac… honey.”

Her hand was just there atop mine. I didn’t feel anything. No sparks, nothing.

I turned to the girl I just hugged a couple minutes ago. It was just. A. Hug. But then again, it felt like much, much more. I sighed.

“I guess I’m just naturally y.”