3: Friends and Jobs

Delicious

 

JONGHYUN POV
Its been a couple minutes and everybody’s finally comfortable with each other and stopped with the intense questioning. I took his opportunity to pull Sekyung away into my room.

I needed to talk to her.

I locked the door behind me so the sounds wouldn’t seep through.

“Jonghyun…. what do you think you’re doing?”

“It’s not what it looks like.”

“Haneul was right; you do act like a sometimes.”

“Shut up. Look, we need to talk and get things straight with our story.”

“I know; even Haneul is intertwined into it now. Thank God she played along. So she’s our best friend?”

“Yeah, and let’s just go along with the story we made up earlier.”

“And we can say she dragged both of us along to hang out and we ended up falling for each other.”

“That sounds good.”

“I hate this.”

“What? Having to act like a couple?”

“No, I can deal with that but… I hate lying to Haneul. I’ve never lied to her.”

I stayed quiet.

 

KEY POV
“What do you think they’re doing in there?”

“Getting it on probably.”

“Minho, what does getting it on mean?”

“Well-“

“Minho, don’t you dare destroy his preciously innocent mind.”

I scoffed at my member’s conversations.

I looked at Haneul. She was sitting quietly, thinking to herself. “Haneul, hey. I’m Key.”

She looked up and smiled, “Hi, nice to meet you.” She was pretty. Not my type, but she had her own charm.

“Are you okay? You’re really quiet.”

“Just tired, I guess. If you don’t mind, I’m going to go out for some fresh air.”

 

After closing the front door, I went to the bathroom. I stopped in the middle of the hallway, right in front of Jonghyun’s room. The door was tightly closed but that didn’t do any good. Jonghyun’s walls were as thin as paper. I heard a couple word here and there. They so weren’t getting it on.

Not even close.

“…talk and get things straight....”

“…Haneul…played along…”

“… story… made up earlier.”

“…she dragged both of us…falling for...”

I continued onto the bathroom. Lying to Miss Key, I see?

I knew something was suspicious when Jonghyun didn’t want to kiss her. That man is addicted to skin ship.


HANEUL POV

I ended up outside and walked to a small coffee shop in front of the building.

Sipping my coffee, I stared outside as it started to drizzle and darken. Someone sat down next to me.

It was that guy from before.

He was he first to talk. “Hey; you’re Sekyung’s friend aren’t you?”

“Yeah, and you’re close with her too aren’t you?”

“Well I guess you can say I was.”

I sighed. He did too.

“I’m Doojoon.”

“I’m Haneul. Are you okay? I mean, both of you seemed really-“

“I’m fine. Just… surprised, I guess.”

“Don’t worry, I won’t pry.”

“You don’t seem happy either. Are you okay?”

“I don’t know. Seeing her with a guy like this makes me feel so lonely.”

“Why? Wait, you don’t have to answer if you don’t want to.”

“It’s fine. Well it’s just that I’ve never had a boyfriend and Sekyung’s my only close friend. Now that she’s found someone…”

“How long have you been friends with Sekyung?”

“Years but I’ve been overseas for the such a long time.”

“That explains why you probably didn’t know much.”

“Can I ask about what happened with you and Sekyung then?”

“Well, I fell in love with her. I never told her and I guess she was in love with someone else.”

“Oh.”

I handed him one of the cookies on my plate.

“Here; to cheer you up a little.”

“Thanks. Random question but, is Sekyung really your only friend here?”

“So far, yeah. Pretty sad, isn’t it?”

“Nope, not at all, but hey, I’ll officially be your second friend.”

I giggled at his offer.

This guy wasn’t that bad. I wonder why Sekyung isn’t in love with him;

I guess you can’t choose who you love.

“Yay!”

“Hey, and if you need anything, feel free to call or text. Give me your phone; I’ll add my number.”

We exchanged phones and numbers. I took another sip of my coffee, a bit less lonely than before.

“So you’re in love with Sekyung? I really wish I could help you guys get together.”

“I know, but it’s not like you can. She has… Jonghyun now. I have a question though. How does he treat her?”

“Well the other SHINee members were making fun of them and forcing them to hug and stuff. Other than that, I’ve never actually seen them together.”

“Oh, well thanks anyway. Since you’re probably going to be with them a lot, make sure he treats her well, okay?"

“Anything for a friend.”

“I think we should talk about something other than relationships. So, why did you come back to Korea?”

“I was homeless.”

“Are you ing kidding me?”


SEKYUNG POV
“Why did you let her leave?”

“She just said she wanted fresh air!”

“Where exactly did she go to get some fresh air?”

“I don’t know, outside?”

“What if she’s lost? What if she got kidnapped? What if-“

“Why are you so worried? You’re nto her mom and she’s at a pretty good age to be out alone.”

“I need to call her. I hate losing her around Seoul; she’s so damn hard to find.”
 

We were on the speakerphone.

“Hello? HELLO?”

“Hi Sekyung.”

“WHERE ARE YOU? ARE YOU OUT BEGGING FOR MONEY AGAIN?”

The SHINee members looked at me in surprise.

“No! I gave up on that, remember?”

“WHERE ARE YOU?”

“Drinking some coffee.”

“WHERE?”

“At a place that sells coffee, obviously.”

“WHERE?”

“At this one corner?”

“WHERE THE ARE YOU EXACTLY?”

“Don’t worry, I know the way home.”

Someone in the background started chuckling.

Doojoon?

I know that laugh anywhere.

I calmed my voice down.

“Haneul… who are you with?”

“Oh, I made a new friend. It was that guy you were talking to earlier.”

“Doojoon?”

“Yeah but we’re just talking and whatnot. Don’t worry about me, I know how to get back.”

“Well we have to leave soon so meet us at the front of the building; our managers need me and Jonghyun to attend a meeting.”

“Seriously, don’t worry. I won’t get run over or anything.”

“You said the same thing last time.”

“It was an old lady! She couldn’t help it and it wasn’t my fault!”

“But still. You got run over.”

“Not run over; just hit.”

“WITH A VEHICLE.”

“Bye Sekyung.”

She hung up.

Doojoon was with her?
 

Once outside, Haneul was sitting there alone, drinking her coffee.

“Thank God, you’re alive.”

She looked up to me and Jonghyun.

“So why were you with Doojoon of all people?”

“We happened to meet at the café.”

“…oh.”

“Why do you ask?”

“Oh, nothing.”

“So where are we going?”

The whole time, Jonghyun was staring at Haneul. Well not staring, more like admiring. There was some weird sparkle in his eyes and his mouth formed a small smile. Finally though, he spoke up.

“I’m driving us to the SM building.”
 

HANEUL POV

The two were inside the room and I had to wait alone. My phone started to ring.

“Hello. Am I speaking to Haneul?”

“Yes.”

“This is Wonhee and we would like to offer you a job as a writer for We Got Married. We saw your application and we’d love to have you on the team. What do you say? We’ll give you time to think about it if you need it.”

“I’D LOVE TO.”

“Congratulations. I’ll text you some information on future meetings we’re going to have and I would like to let you know that there will be a new couple we’ll be working with.”

“Really? Who?”

“It’ll be revealed tomorrow, I think? For now, I’ll give you your first assignment. Just write some ideas down on how we can let the couple meet. You’ve seen the show right?”

“Yeah.”

“Well then you’ll know what I’m talking about. You’ll be working alone as the only writer for this one since it’s a new couple. Is that a okay?”

“Sure. Oh my god, I’m so excited.”

“Good to hear. Well I’ll see you soon!”

“Bye!”

I held the phone close to my chest. I’ve been switching from job to job and honestly, this is probably the best opportunity I’ve ever gotten.

I wanted to scream and skip around and celebrate.

Doing that in the SM building would be weird though.

I went outside.


JONGHYUN POV

Inside, my manager, Sekyung’s manager, and a PD were sitting in front of us.

The atmosphere was thick and serious.

 


“Well, we’ve made some arrangements and you guys are now going to be on We Got Married!”