My lies...

Us Without Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It’s a mistake.

Me coming here alone. I should’ve taken a friend with me at least. Actually no. Me deciding to come here in the first place is a mistake already.

But I was so intrigued.

Imagine getting personally invited for a wedding from a highschool acquaintance which I never had contact on for a more than a decade, isn’t it’s strange? That’s why I came here.

I am curious.

 

“Mina?”

 

I…

                …stopped breathing. Ah, it’s her. And she looks, even more surprised than I thought she would be.

 

“Myoui Mina, right? From High school? H-How? I mean, why are you…?” She looks confused, as I am.

Screw what I said. Guess I was lying after all. The reason why I came here, was because of her actually. I, maybe wondering, how she's doing all these years. If she have grown even more gorgeous, or if she's even ier now.

Nah… Lies again. It’s those eyes I want to see again. If you still have those eyes. Yes, those sparks yet full of distress shading whenever you look at her. I’m wondering, why the choices you made, ended up of us attending a wedding we don’t want to attend at all.

Yeah, it’s still the same.

 

I’m still…

…intrigued by you, Hirai Momo.

 

 

“Was it you?” I looked up annoyed, wondering who the hell has a courage to break my peace minding my own business alone. I  stared at her, furrowing my forehead coz I don’t have energy to even open my mouth for her.

“Are you the one who’s been giving me this?” She asked again. I eyed the drink on her hand which she’s asking me, before I looked again into her face. Did she really think I'm a type of a girl who would give away drinks to other people?

This girl…

Ah…

                …I know her. A student from class C. The one who’s always with Sana. One of that dance crew who’s always dancing at the center whenever there’s events here at school. The famous one.

I eyed her drink again, then notice mine on the table which coincidentally the same as hers. Now I can understand the misunderstanding but…

“Why? Don’t you like it? Should I give you different flavor instead?” I answered.

It wasn’t really me but…

                                   …this seems fun.

I’m expecting her to tell me to stop or beat me up somehow but, she stayed in silence, looking at me as if she’s in deep thoughts. Maybe this wasn’t fun after all.

“Y-You, giving me this, means…” She finally talks again. She’s hesitating a lot but she sits down closer to me that caught me off guard. “Y-You like me, right? Not just a simple want to be friends’ kind of like or a fan kind of like, right? I mean, you like me, though we’re both girls? That kind of like, right?”

I…

                …never felt this overwhelmed from continuous questions like this before, that I ended up nodding without my consciousness. I was about to take it back but she looks so bewildered that is somehow making me amused.

She seems, purely curious about this.

“I-Isn’t that weird? Liking girls?”

She’s…

                …more fun than I thought. She’s like an open book. So easy to read. She’s definitely asking only wanting to learn.

“Maybe? Some do think it’s weird. But in this generation? It’s kinda well accepted nowadays so who cares if you like girls? Just let them judge you. It’s not like they matter anyway.”

And I kinda, want to learn from her too. Especially I seem to like, the reactions she’s giving me right now.

It’s as if…

                …I’m teaching her something she’s not aware to herself.

“H-How does it feel then? Liking me?”

And her questions, were much more interesting than what my teachers asks me in class. She’s the first, person to make me feel this way.

“Seriously?” I uttered asking. Thinking for an answer. But how do I’ll answer her actually. I never actually liked, someone before. But…

“I don’t really know how I’ll explain it but right now…” Seeing her up close, I understand why girls would fall for her actually. Funny that right now, I ended up secretly checking her out. She has that face, and great the body too. She’s from class C but she’s not that bad actually.

 

“I want to kiss you.”

 

 

 

“Congratulations. And thank you for having me here, Sana.” I greeted the bride-to-be, and she looks so pretty with her white dress. We hugged each other, and I notice her eyeing behind me.

“No. I’m more thankful you came here though I invited you out of nowhere. And it seems like you two have met again already.” She says, as Momo came forward nodding to her.

“I saw her outside, so I scouted her here for the photo-taking.” Momo simply explains. Now it’s easier for me to see, how broken her eyes are that she can’t look direc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter