I should...

Us Without Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When was it again?

Was it like four to five years ago? When they got into a huge fight and he was looking for her from me. That was the first and last time this man reached out for me. And it never happened again. Coz in the first place there’s no reason for us to contact each other at all.

“Hi. I’m sorry I’m late. I was with your bestfriend just now and I couldn’t think for a proper excuse. Did you order already?” He asked as he got close, sitting in front of me with a side smile I hate the most.

Yes. I hate him.

“Not yet. Shall we?” I answered giving him my most forced smile and a nod for us to take the attention away from each other. We both look down to the menu card, taking our time scanning the menu.

While both of us were choosing what to eat, I couldn’t help but steal a glance on him.

I wonder why he suddenly invited me privately for a dinner out of nowhere. Just the two of us. Without her. He even told me not to tell her. What could be the reason?

Ah…

Why am I even getting crazy trying to think? But… something big is coming. I just know it seeing him looking somewhat nervous and excited right now. I hate this feeling.

“Shall we order? I’ll call the waiter.” I nodded to him. We ordered as the waiter comes.

While we wait for the food it became too silent. At least for the two of us. I was about to talk when his phone on the table vibrated. I immediately saw a call just for a little glance I spared. My eyes really catch everything so quick.

“I’m sorry. I’ll just take this call.” He excuses.

It was her. Of course.

I scoff, following gazes on him going. He actually didn’t need to go and just take the call in front of me, but he just did. It’s not like I’m gonna speak to him while he’s talking to her to make him look like a cheater or something. I’m not that crazy. Yet.

It didn’t take long when the food comes, and he also did. We started eating, in silence, and I just couldn’t take this anymore. Patience. I don’t have that actually.

“Why not tell me already.” I mouthed raising my eyebrow on him while I lazily took a bite on my food. I was trying to intimidate him, but guessed it’s not that effective as he just looks at me. I sigh.

“The reason why you suddenly call me over here. Spill it. You know, I hate awkward silence the most so let’s not wait until the food is done. Try telling me now. Time is ticking.” I directly told him, while he just stared at me like I just said something shocking. I quickly reviewed what I just said making sure I did not that offended him but, he let out a laugh out of nowhere.

He’s…

weird.

“I can’t believe I heard that directly coming from you.” He now looks, bewildered on me. And I am just… confused. I don’t get him at all.

Maybe I am the weird one.

“You know, I hate awkward silence too and I, most of a time got troubled when it happens coz it’s hard for me to read the room. I once told your bestfriend about that. You know what she said? That we, were so much alike. That even though we didn’t know each other so well, it’s like we act the same way and says to same thing. She said we’re like the same person in different bodies. I didn’t believed her, until now.”

I… ended up looking down on the table after hearing that. My eyes widened realizing…

“I see.” I silently mouthed, replying to him.

I remember. She did, told me that too. I can only laugh by now. Because even our taste with the food seems to be just the same. Seeing how we’re both eating the same dish right now… makes me want to throw up.

 

I hate to admit this but…

 

This man and I…

…we’re both in love with the same woman too.

I like…

…her girlfriend.

 

I like…

…my best friend.

 

I love her…

                …Minatozaki Sana.

 

And I know it’s wrong.

 

“I’m planning to propose to her.”

 

I was…

…petrified.

 

“Next month. I’ve been thinking for a while. I notice how we’ve been talking about our future since last year. Living in our house, having our own kids. I’m positive she’s ready. I think it’s about time for us to take a new stage.”

I couldn’t even react properly. Right. They’ve been dating for eight years. Why am I even surprised by this. I should’ve prepared myself for this.

“I’ve already informed her family and they were all supportive to me. Right now, I only needed your help.”

My hands are shaking, that I needed to hide it from him. My nails were digging on my own knees trying to contain my emotions. I wasn’t sure what expression do I have right now. But I doubt he’ll take a notice.

“I’m buying her a ring soon. Though I already know her size I still want to make sure the ring will fit perfectly on her.”

 I…

want to run away. I don’t want to hear more of this.

“Since you two were going to Hawaii for the summer vacation

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter