Sunny Afternoon

One, Two, Three, Go!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Notes: This story is for the Office AU, and you can read the other parts here, here and here. It is after "Cigarettes and Candies" and yes, its title is from Red Velvet's "Sunny Afternoon" and I was also inspired by this song's lyrics :)

 

 

Wendy is still only half awake when she feels there is something on her abdomen. It's a peaceful Sunday afternoon, at least it was like that before she fell asleep — she was sitting on the bed reading some fashion magazines, and Irene was in the library checking some files which she would use in tomorrow morning's meeting. The weather was so good, and after finishing reading some pages, Wendy leaned back, feeling the warm breeze. The windows were opened. She could hear birds chirping and gradually closed her eyes while lying on the sheet.

She thinks that she might knock one of the pillows over by accident while sleeping. When she starts to wonder why the pillow suddenly feels heavy and opens her eyes, she finds her lover is lying on her with her face facing the sheet, and the two of them now look like a crucifix. Then? Then, Wendy can't help but groan.

Noticing that the younger woman is awake, Irene turns her head to look at Wendy, "Good morning. Ah, no, it's now afternoon. So, good afternoon, Wendy ssi."

"What are you doing?" Wendy doesn't know whether to laugh or cry. There is no doubt that Irene is an adult, but sometimes her lover really feels like the most naughty kid she knows, and she can be so energetic when she gets into mischief.

"I'm lying on my bed." Irene blinks a few times. Her eyes are bright with mischief.

"I'm not a bed, ma'am." Wendy pats the white sheet underneath her, "And our bed is here."

Irene simply nods and has no intention of moving. Wendy sighs, trying to lift her upper body. However, her whole body is still sore from taking a nap, and she has to give up and lie on the bed once again.

"Joohyun, hey." Wendy then pats Irene's shoulder while giving her a wry smile, "If you stay there like that for one more minute, I think I'm going to die."

"You can't die." Irene pouts, "I won't let you die."

"Why do you suddenly sound this serious?" Wendy laughs, "And if you don't want this to happen, at least get up now. Please."

Irene sighs and finally agrees to get up. When she kneels on the bed and trying to keep her balance, her legs hit Wendy's accidentally, which causes the latter to shout.

"Sorry. Are you okay?" Irene laughs while checking the place she hit, and thankfully, there aren't any bruises on it.

"I'm not." Wendy covers her face with her hands while laughing, "I'm definitely not."<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter