Waiver

Tomorrow’s Cost
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi woke up before her alarm. The sunlight was hitting her face. She grunts as she sat up. She looks around her room, her whole being instantly taking in her surrounding.

 

In her 24 years of living she has never heard the birds chirping this loudly, or the distinct sound of leaves swaying when the wind passed.

 

She rubs her eyes. A strong smell entered her nose. The smell of grass.

 

Was the world always like this? 

 

She shakes the thought away as she prepared herself a cup of coffee. She takes a sip.

 

“YUCK!” She spat it out. “What the hell…” she grabs the pack of coffee in her cabinet. Scanning for the expiration date. It wasn’t expired.

 

She scratched her head. She had been drinking the same brand for at least 2 years, and never did it taste this bad. To hell with it. Seulgi puts on a pair of sneakers and grabs her coat. Her go-to-café was just around the corner from her building.

 

When she stepped out of her building, she was instantly overwhelmed. Since when was her neighbourhood so lively? What the was going on.

 

Whatever it was, she can’t process any of this until she’s had her caffeine.

 

The walk was short, and her coffee came fast. Those baristas were well experienced with the morning rush. She grabs a table outside and settles down, mentally preparing herself for the first sip. She’s a little traumatized about her coffee earlier.

 

She takes a sip of her single origin cup of coffee and Seulgi swore she tasted liquid gold. How the hell is this cup of coffee 15x better than how she recalled from her memory. Although she didn’t buy coffee here on a daily, she’s pretty sure the cup of coffee was good but not cosmic good.

 

She has to slap herself to take her mind of this Guatemalan gold. As the caffeine kicks in, she can now process what was happening.

 

This must be the effect of what she bought. Love apparently makes such a difference in a person’s life. She can conclude that bad things can become absolutely horrid if love is involved. And in the same but opposite manner, love can amplify something good, something simple to something spectacular.

 

She gets giddy at her first taste of what falling in love can offer. So this is how it feels to romanticize the world. Seulgi’s life doesn’t feel so bleak anymore.

 

After sipping her cup of coffee she happily returns home. Excitedly opening her computer to search the web about romance.

 

Seulgi is aware of romantic love. Her parents had that but she knows very little about it now that she’s pondering about it.

 

“Hmm…” she taps her desk. What exactly should she type.  Unsure of anything she just types the word love in the search bar. Thousands of results in a second. A meaning pops up as the very first result and beneath is a list of movies, all about love. Seulgi thought what better way to learn about romance than to watch romantic films.

 

The whole day was spent watching movies. Her stomach was filled with what people say are butterflies. Crying and laughing all at the same time. Things she never thought she could feel. That night it got her thinking how when its actually her falling in love with someone its going to be soo good.

 

The weekend went by fast. Work calls and emails were ignored. Replaced by day dreaming of the person she will fall for, a faceless being.

 

Monday came. It was crazy. It was chaos. A lot of things needed to be done. People were practically scrambling to meet deadlines while Seulgi was the only one working efficiently with a big grin on her face.

 

By the end of the day, the only thing in Seulgi’s head is “who?”. They said she can’t choose who she falls for.. But how will she know. She wants to put a face on her imaginary love.

 

Screams started erupting from the office lobby. As the elevator opens, Seulgi looks around for the commotion. By the entrance a crowd has formed. Cameras were flashing, the squeals were getting louder.

 

Seulgi tilts her head to try and get a glimpse of what was in the middle of the crowd.

 

There.

 

In the center.

 

The most beautiful woman stood.

 

Seulgi smiles.

 

In a split second, their eyes meet.

 

Time stopped.

 

Her breath hitched.

 

Sound was muted.

 

And another second everything comes crashing back down.

 

Seulgi knew she was the one.

 

 

(Wednesday)

 

 

It was like Seulgi was on autopilot the whole time. Her day dreaming has increased so much she forgot to eat lunch. It didn’t matt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter