Deviation

Tomorrow’s Cost
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(The next day. Lunch time)

 

 

The office was buzzing. Aside from the usual deadlines and meetings, today was particularly crazy because it was the day to renew contracts.

 

Amidst the chaos only one person remained composed. Well, at least that’s how it looked like to others.

 

“That’s our future president! 🤩”

 

“She really is the best leader, if she can keep her cool during these chaotic times then the future of this company are in good hands.”

 

What people couldn’t see were the thoughts of their boss.

 

“ !!!” She paced the room, grabbing documents and skimmed through pages quickly. “I need to make her stay…” she says under her breath. She blushes at the thought of one particular person. She quickly slaps herself. She needs to focus.. Day dreaming will cost her heavily.

 

“That was a harsh slap… everything okay here, boss?”

 

Without glancing she points to one of the file cabinets. “…over there. Look for the first contract. I need to know what she asked for the first time.”

 

“…at least look at me, Seul. 😑”

 

“Wan we need to hurry.”

 

“Whose contract am I looking for?” Wendy perused through some folders.

 

The phone rings.

 

“Seul, I need to know which artist I’m looking for.”

 

“Hello?” Seulgi picks up the phone. “Mhm.” She nods. “Okay, I’ll be right down.” She turns to her friend. “I need to go meet the artist now. Bring it down to me when you find her contract.”

 

“…okay?”

 

 

(3rd floor)

 

‘Hmmm… where is it.’ Seulgi walked rather fast. “Room 3… 2…9. Where the heck is it.”

 

“Ms. Kang! Over here.” An employee called.

 

“Right!” She walked even faster. She stopped by the door and fixed herself before entering.

 

It was a big conference room with glass windows. The blinds were pulled up letting in the harsh noon time sunlight. A big, long glass table was in the middle of the room. It could fit about 20 people. But for today’s meeting the chairs remained empty except for one seat at the very end of the table. There a woman sat, dressed in an all black dress. The woman was looking out the window.

 

Seulgi walked in and bows when she reached the table.

 

“Sorry to have kept you waiting.”

 

The woman turns to her, with a surprise look. She didn’t say anything.

 

“…shall we start discussing your contract renewal?” Seulgi says trying not to look at the pretty girl in the room. She flips through papers.

 

“I’m not renewing.”

 

Seulgi stopped moving.

 

“…the first contract was very exploitive.”

 

Seulgi remained still.

 

“We have nothing more to discuss.”

 

Seulgi looks her in the eyes.

 

The girl’s eyes softened as their eyes connect.

 

It took all of Seulgi’s will not to blush when they made eye contact. She swallows the butterflies that were trying to escape .

 

“But, Ms. Kang, I’m flattered you personally attended this meeting.” The woman gave her a meek smile.

 

Seulgi doesn’t return the smile. She looks away, her mind at a crossroad. It would be better to let her go, judging from how relaxed the woman was, she knows her worth and was going to drive the contract to favour her more. BUT.. Seulgi’s current aspiration is fighting hard to make this woman stay. She was so lost in her thoughts she didn’t notice the woman was now walking towards her to exit.

 

‘..I can’t let the company suffer.’ She thought. Just then the woman tripped. One of her heels got caught up on a loose thread in the carpet. Without even thinking, Seulgi was quick to catch her in her arms.

 

The woman looks at her.

 

This is the first time these two have ever been this close. So little space between them and yet thousands of thoughts and feelings swirled around them. 

 

Seulgi cannot suppress her growing attraction any longer. Her eyes glistened as she shamelessly gazed at the beautiful woman. When she reached those plump, red lips, she swallows her desires down.

 

“…thanks.” The woman in black smirks.

 

Seulgi looks away, realizing she was caught.

 

A big smile forming on the woman’s lips as she walked towards the door. Her walk was slow and sensual, Seulgi could see from her peripheral view. She shakes her head, she needs to get a grip. This is a meeting. She must remain professional. Oh how she regrets what she bought. Love shouldn’t be brought in a workplace..

 

“…would you like a taste?”

 

Seulgi’s head turned to the woman. Mouth agape, eyes looking hungry. 

 

The woman bites her lower lip. She locks the door.

 

The employee outside the room knocks. 

 

“Ms. Kang? Is everything okay?”

 

Seulgi didn’t respond.

 

The woman leaned on the door, eyes scrutinizing her employer.

 

“He asked you a question…”

 

“Uh-uh.. Um… y-yea everything is okay.” Seulgi stammers.

 

“Okay, Ms. K

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter