Easy

26 Days Of Hyunsoul

Jinsol looked at Hyunjin, her face, reflecting the moonlight, had taken on a beautiful golden glow that Jinsol could only qualify as ethereal.

 

“You’re beautiful,” she said, her voice barely louder than a whisper, as she tucked one of the stray hairs on Hyunjin’s face behind her ear. Hyunjin's cheeks flushed crimson and she gave Jinsol a soft smile.

 

“Speak for yourself,” Hyunjin laughed, “You’re the one who’s too hot to handle,” she said, grabbing the other girl’s hand and intertwining their fingers.

 

Jinsol chuckled at the comment, lying down on her back and inviting the other girl to come cuddle with her, “I can’t believe I thought this would be complicated.”

 

Hyunjin tore her gaze away from the night sky to look at the other girl, “What do you mean?”

 

“Well,” Jinsol started, “I thought dating would be complicated, considering I was still in the closet when I started liking you. I had to tell Haseul I was into Minjae- it was super weird. I still shudder whenever he mentions it.”

 

“But, everything’s easier now, right?” Hyunjin looked at her, her eyes burning brighter than the shiniest stars.

 

“Infinitely easier,” she said, grabbing Hyunjin’s face and planting a gentle peck on the other girl’s lips.

 

“So... you don’t regret coming out because of me?” Hyunjin asked, resting her head on Jinsol’s shoulder.

 

“I didn’t come out because of you, but rather because I felt like it, simple as that,” she started, looking at the other girl, “Let’s just say that me dating you just nudged me along,” she chuckled. “Plus, everyone already knew- I swear I saw Haseul slip Yeojin a 10 dollar bill when I was done talking- and I heard Chaewon talk about a pool or something?”

 

“Well,” Hyunjin said in a high pitched voice, “The way you talk about Taylor Swift is pretty suspicious,  let’s be real…”

 

“Oh my god- this again? She’s a lyrical genius, and it’s not my fault she’s amazing at everything!”

 

“But do you have to shout it from the rooftops at every occasion?”

 

“I sure do!” Jinsol nearly shouted, causing Chaewon and Hyejoo to stick their heads out of Chaewon's bedroom window.

 

“Hey, lovebirds!” Chaewon angrily called for Hyunjin and Jinsol’s attention, and for a second Jinsol wondered how someone so small and fragile-looking could be so intimidating, “Shut the up or I’ll come down and shut you up myself!” she yelled, as Hyejoo sent them an apologetic look.

 

“Sorry,” she mouthed at them as Chaewon went on a rant about how loud they were being, not seeing the irony of the situation.

 

“Jesus , your sister is scary as hell,” Hyunjin said once Chaewon was back inside and had shut the window by slamming it, the noise much louder than anything she had complained about, “And she’s younger than both of us. And shorter. And she has a tiny, crunchy v-”

 

“I know, I know. I genuinely don’t see where she gets it from.”

 

“Yeah, I bet you’d lose a fight against a toddler.”

 

“But why would I fight a toddler in the first place?”

 

“I don’t know. Candy?”

 

Jinsol couldn’t stop the smile that made its way onto her face, “You’re so silly,” she giggled, looking down at their intertwined fingers, “I love you.”

 

Hyunjin sat up, and stayed silent for a few seconds. Jinsol was scared she’d made a mistake- was it too soon into their relationship for her to admit that she was in love?

 

“Hyunjin?” she asked, sitting up as well, “Look, I’m sorry if it’s too ear-”

 

“You love me?” she asked. She looked shy and small.

 

“Of course I do,” Jinsol laughed, “I have since day one, dummy,” she answered, trying to keep her heart from bursting out of her chest.

 

“Oh,” Hyunjin answered, her hands flying up to her cheeks, unable to hide the shade of pink that tinted them. She swallowed, before letting out a small “I love you too,” she said, giving Jinsol a shy smile, “Don’t tell Heejin I said that though,” she quickly added.

 

“Good to know,” she said, leaning and capturing the other girl’s lips with hers, “I won’t tell her a word.”

 

“Okay, cool, because you know she’ll tell Chaewon who’ll blow it out of proportion, and Hyejoo will a hundred percent tell Yerim," she started, making wild gestures with her hands, "I just know Yerim will tell Jungeun, Jungeun can’t keep shut around Jiwoo and next thing you know Sooyoung is bullying me because I made fun of her when she confessed to Jiwoo-”

 

“Hyunjin, Hyunjin, Hyunjin…” Jinsol interrupted her, “Who cares about what they think? A little teasing isn’t going to kill you,” she said, nudging Hyunjin’s shoulder. 

 

“I guess you’re right. Plus, I have too much dirt on her for her to say anything either way,” she beamed at Jinsol, before inching her face closer to the other girl’s, “Where were we?” she asked, closing the gap between them.

 

They didn’t stop, not even when Chaewon opened the window again to yell at them some more- only to be greeted by the sight of Hyunjin and Jinsol kissing.

 

“Ew!” Hyejoo and Chaewon shouted in unison, “Get a room!” Hyejoo screamed, before slamming the window shut. Jinsol could feel Hyunjin smile against her lips.