Buzzed

26 Days Of Hyunsoul

Hyunjin, what the hell?” Jinsol laughed as her Hyunjin struggled to open a pack of cookies, “Just because we're dating doesn't mean you can get crumbs all over my bed.”

 

Oh, so we're dating now, huh?” Hyunjin laughed, causing Jinsol to go red in the face.

 

Well, aren't we? Because the way you kissed me would suggest otherwise,” she chuckled, “I hope you don't kiss all your friends like that.”

 

Hyunjin giggled, her smile shining brighter than a thousand suns, “Yes, we are. But just making fun of you is kind of my brand, and I don't intend on that changing anytime soon.”

 

Jinsol pouted, playfully rolling her eyes as she pretended to be mad at the other girl. 

 

Aw,” Hyunjin said, pulling Jinsol towards her, “Don't be mad,” she kissed her cheek. Jinsol's heart almost leaped out of her chest. The adrenaline she'd felt when she'd kissed the other girl had worn off, and she was now left wondering how she'd managed to do that without completely falling apart.

 

I'm not-” she scoffed.  

 

Sure, you aren't.” Hyunjin said, raising her eyebrows as she poked Jinsol in the shoulder before swaying slightly, “I think I'm drunk,” she let out a small, high-pitched giggle before hiccupping, “Yes, I definitely am. Oh boy, inorganic chemistry is gonna be fun tomorrow.”

 

Ha,” Jinsol pointed a finger at her, “So am I, I think.” They'd been sipping on wine for a while at that point, and the room was starting to spin- to which she let out a giggle, causing Hyunjin to raise an eyebrow. Her face was hot and so was the lining of her stomach, and she didn't know whether she was drunk on alcohol or on something greater than that, but either way she didn't want it to stop.

 

Maybe we should lie down,” she said, leaning back against the wall, “Everything's spinning... Spinach. Everything's spinach,” she giggled, "I'm so funny."

 

Also, spinach is disgusting. I'm not putting that anywhere near my body. And hell's yeah,” Hyunjin said, throwing her arms around Jinsol and resting her head on her shoulder, “Let's cuddle. Like girlfriends do- not that I would actually know though, I've never had one.”

 

Sure, why not,” she said, carefully removing Hyunjin's arms around her ways and getting up to turn off the lights, before lying down on the bed. She extended her arms like a toddler reaching for an object, indicating Hyunjin to come cuddle with her, “C'me here,” she mumbled.

 

Hyunjin obliged, wrapping her arms around Jinsol's waist and resting her head on her shoulder, “This is nice... The room isn't... spinning anymore so much as it's moving in weird ways,” she quipped after a few seconds of silence. For once, Jinsol truly felt at peace. 

 

Jinsol suddenly felt curious- if she'd known about Hyunjin's ual orientation sooner, she probably would've thought Hyunjin had the tiniest crush for Kahei, the way she talked about the other girl being indicative of anything: granted, that would have been a much more painful cross to bear, considering that Kahei was in a long term relationship with one of their friends, but never in a hundred years would she have thought her feelings were reciprocated, but now that she looked back, the signs were quite obvious. Hyunjin was always inviting her to hang out, flushing crimson whenever Jinsol looked in her general direction and brushing their hands together in the lab- in hindsight, not very safe when you're holding a beaker of concentrated sulfuric acid, but still thrilling nonetheless. She'd attributed it to Hyunjin being a very good friend.

 

Hey, I was wondering, how did you know you liked me?” Jinsol asked, and carefully listened as the other girl told her how she'd initially thought she really wanted to be friends with her, until they did become friends and she realized she wanted more.

 

How about you?” Hyunjin asked, and even in the dark, Jinsol could tell the other girl was looking up at her, “How did you figure out you liked me?”

 

Jinsol tried to piece together the events, her mind fuzzy because of the alcohol, “Well,” she started, “I think it happened gradually, you know? At first I thought you were really cute,” she thought about the way her heart fluttered the first time she spoke to the other girl, “But then I found out you were really funny too. Which is- like, what I like the most in people. And one day you gave me your Pasteur pipette in chem because mine was too small and that's when I thought 'Oh crap, that's a crush, isn't it?'” She finished, causing Hyunjin to chuckle.

 

So... I went to Haseul first, panicking and all that,” she laughed, “But yeah, thanks for the pipette, by the way. Sad you had to stuggled with yours after that, though...”

 

Damn,” Hyunjin said, smiling at herself and pulling Jinsol closer, “If I knew all it took was a pipette, I would've given it to you way sooner.”

 

**

Jinsol woke up four hours later, her arms still wrapped around a sleeping Hyunjin. She was sweaty, was dry, and she had a cluster headache, but, as she remembered the events of the night before, she decided it was all worth it.

 

She stayed silent, smiling and staring at the ceiling, thinking of the way Hyunjin's eyes crinkled when she smiled, or just how mesmerizing Hyunjin was- and now she could show in every way how amazing she was.

 

Hey,” she said, when she felt Hyunjin stir in her arms, ”How are you?”

 

I have a headache,” Hyunjin answered, not moving, “Now why did you not dissuade me from mixing monster energy drink with my wine? I definitely could have died of a heart attack...”

 

What?” Jinsol protested, “Heck, I tried to stop you! But then you made that adorable pouting face and I just simply say no.”

 

Jinsol, heck? Can't you swear like a normal person?” Hyunjin laughed, before groaning, “Jesus, I feel like someone ran over my brain with a ing steamroller. Hangovers should be illegal,” She said, burying her face into Jinsol's neck, before groaning, “God, Heejin is going to be so smug about this. I swear, she'll never let me hear the end of it- I guess I'll have to bring up her past embarassing middle school crushes to get her to stop.”

 

Jinsol laughed at this, causing her headache to worsen. She let out a moan, “We really should have stuck to water.”

 

Hyunjin raised an eyebrow, “You're laughing at me, but I know Haseul and Sooyoung won't let you hear the end of it either. If I were you, I'd swallow an aspirin in anticipation. As much as I love them...”

 

Ah well, perhaps we should keep quiet about our relationship and see how long it takes for them to figure it out.”

 

Oh, so like a prank? I'm always in on these things,” Hyunjin chuckled, causing Jinsol's heart to flutter at the melodious sound, “We could act like a couple but not tell them anything. I'm sure they'd all go crazy.”

 

Sure.. Let's do that,” she said, looking down at Hyunjin and brushing her lips with hers, “I can kiss you at lunch,” she said, brushing her nose against hers.


 

And I can grab you by the waist, and twirl you around in the corridors,” She said, closing the gap between their two pairs of lips, “That would drive them absolutely...” A kiss, “Bat,” Another one, “Insane.”