Cupid

26 Days Of Hyunsoul

Kim Jiwoo and Ha Sooyoung had it bad for each other. 

 

If the heart eyes weren’t enough to give them away, their odd habit of feeding each other strawberries was the last straw for Jinsol. It was adorable, at first- they would blush at the mention of each other, exchanging fleeting glances, staring at one another when the other wasn't looking. It had almost reminded her of the way she and Hyunjin acted... Well, at least the way she acted toward Hyunjin. The other girl seemed to have quite an obvious crush on Heejin- which Jinsol was fine with. She was happy for her friend, really.

**


 

Chae, have you seen Jiwoo and Sooyoung?” Jinsol asked her sister one day, having looked everywhere for her friends but being unable to find them. She’d invited them over to her house, with the pretense of hanging out, but Sooyoung and Jiwoo had suddenly disappeared an hour in.

 

Probably off somewhere feeding each other strawberries or some ,” Hyejoo joked, not looking up from her phone.

 

You’re laughing but I bet that’s what they’re actually doing,” Chaewon piped in, her nose scrunching up in disgust, “They’re.. kind of weird, don't you think? Hyejoo and I don’t do half of the things they do, and we’ve been dating for God knows how long,” she chuckled, raising an eyebrow, scoffing at the thought.

 

Aw, jealous much?” Hyejoo grinned at Chaewon, scooting closer to her girlfriend, “Want me to feed you strawberries, Chae? Is that what this is about?” she said, playfully poking her shoulder.

 

Ew, no, that’s gay,” she said, matter-of-factly, not looking up from her pink Nintendo DS, "I don't with these people."

 

You know, if I didn’t know you were a lesbian,” Jinsol started, pointing the french fry she was holding in her hand at her, “I’d think you were actually homophobic,” she finished, causing Chaewon to playfully roll her eyes at her.

**


 

God, this can’t go on any longer,” Jinsol groaned as she observed Sooyoung and Jiwoo play footsie under the table, giggling at each other, thinking she and Hyunjin couldn’t see them, “Get a freaking room, y'all,” she said, disapprovingly shaking her head.

 

Huh?” Jiwoo asked, startled by Jinsol- almost as if she hadn’t noticed the other girls’ presence, even though she and Hyunjin had been there for nearly half an hour now.

 

You guys can't possibly be that serious,” Hyunjin said, raising an eyebrow, “Guys, we can literally see your feet touching under the table,” she said, glancing down, before leaning back on her seat and crossing her arms, “Not very discreet, if you ask me. I've never felt like more of a third wheel in my entire life- and I used to hang out with Haseul and Kahei when they were pining for each other.”

 

Jiwoo's cheeks grew redder than a strawberry at that comment, causing Sooyoung to blush as well. 

 

Jinsol smirked at her friends, glad they at least had the decency to be embarrassed about this. “Well, cat got your tongue?” she asked both girls, who remained quiet for the rest of the time they spent together. 

 

There was still the occasional glance, of course- with these two, there always was, but redness in their face didn’t go until it was time to say goodbye.

 

Can you believe these two?” Hyunjin scoffed, softly elbowing Jinsol as they watched the two other girls leave, “We need to do something, I can’t stand the pining anymore. They act like Haseul before she got with Kahei, and I don’t know if if's funny or infuriating- it's like being at prom, but worse because there's no spiked punch for me to drink myself to death with.”

 

I know,” Jinsol snorted, pretending not to be affected by the other girl’s touch- but really, her breathing was definitely growing a bit erratic and the unmistakable heat rush to her cheeks gave her away- she'd blame it on the sun, this time. “I feel like we should have an intervention on something... That much tension can't possibly be healthy.”

 

Well then, why don’t we do just that?” Hyunjin laughed, grabbing Jinsol’s arm and looking at her in the eye. Jinsol swallowed a non-existant lump in , wishing Hyunjin wouldn't notice the fact that Jinsol was interally panicking. “We.. sit them down, make them confront their feelings or something, and then boom, no more pining Sooyoung or Jiwoo, no more weird-, public strawberry feeding sessions, and all is right in the world,” she flashed a smile at Jinsol, who desperately tried not to not to let the heat get to her cheeks.

 

I don’t think it’s that simple,” Jinsol said, chuckling at her friend’s comment, “But I mean, we can always try. I could invite Sooyoung, and you can invite Jiwoo- we don’t tell them that the other is coming, and yeah, the trick is done,” she said, rubbing her hands like a movie villain.

 

I say… your house, tomorrow night, I bring the vodka, you bring the wine?”

 

Sure.”

 

Jinsol pulled out her phone as she watched Hyunjin leave.

 

to: Sooyoung

from: Jinsol

Hey, are you free tomorrow evening? (13:01)

 

to: Jinsol

from: Sooyoung

(13:01) Uh yeah, why?

 

to: Sooyoung

from: Jinsol

Wanna come over? Hyunjin'll be there. (13:03)

 

to: Jinsol

from: Sooyoung

(13:05) How about Jiwoo?

 

Jinsol snorted while reading the message. If she'd had any doubts about her friend's feelings for the other girl- which she didn't, because, honestly, everyone in a 72 mile radius knew Sooyoung was positively whipped for Jiwoo- they'd have all been cleared by now.

 

to: Sooyoung

from: Jinsol

Not sure, I'll see, I don't think she'll be there though. (13:06)

 

to: Jinsol

from: Sooyoung

(13:07) Alright, I'll be there around 8PM.



 

 

to: jinthol <3

from: Hyunnie

(13:07) jiwoo says she'll be there around 7

 

to: Hyunnie

from: jinthol <3

Sooyoung'll be there around 8. (13:08)

 

to: jinthol <3

from: Hyunnie

(13:15) should i tell her to come around 8 then?

(13:16) OH, should i tell heejin to come?? that way we'll have more people to knock some sense into them

 

Jinsol stared at her phone, her heart constricting in her chest. Of course she'd want Heejin to be there. The same way Sooyoung would want Jiwoo to be there.

 

to: Hyunnie

from: jinthol <3

No no, you know Jiwoo, she's always late. (13:19)

If she says 7 she'll be there at 8. (13:20)

Also, sure. (13:20)


 

**

As predicted, Jinsol was right- Jiwoo and Sooyoung both arrived around 8PM, a few minutes apart. She and Hyunjin were already buzzed from the alcohol, but they were determined not to let it get to their head. In hindsight, they didn't know if drinking before the others arrived was such a good idea, but they needed the liquid courage. This being sad, the way Hyunjin had draped herself over Jinsol -who was more than okay with it-, was proof enough that the ethanol had already started to take effect.

 

Heejin wasn't able to make it, and so the two had decided to watch TV while sipping on a dubiously dosed vodka-lemonade mixture while waiting for the others, which, in retrospect, was a but stupid since they hadn't hatched a plan yet. Hyunjin wanted to play Truth or Dare, while Jinsol preferred the idea of getting straight to the point.

 

Hi!” Jiwoo shouted as soon as Jinsol opened the door. She was out of breath and her hair was tousled, “Sorry for being so late,” she said in between pants, “Cat emergency.”

 

It's fine,” Jinsol smiled, a little confused as what could possibly consitute a cat emergency, but deciding that was not the point. She lead Jiwoo to her room.

 

Hi Hyun- oh hi Sooyoungie! I didn't know you'd be there!” She said, running to the other girl and wrapping her in a huge bear-hug, “Hyunjin told me you wouldn't be here!”

 

Well,” Sooyoung said, wrapping her arms around Jiwoo and lifting her up, “That's funny," she said, grinning at Jiwoo before turning to face Jinsol and Hyunjin, "Because Jinsol here told me you wouldn't be there.”

 

Jinsol and Hyunjin, were both awkwardly standing by the door. Jinsol gave a nervous chuckle, while Hyunjin opted for an apologetic smile, both not knowing what to say.

 

Hyunjin sighed, “I think you two should sit down.”

 

Jiwoo, Sooyoung and Hyunjin sat down, while Jinsol went to get glasses for her friends. She poured all four a glass of wine, before coming back.

 

Here you go,” she said, handing their drinks to the three others, “Wine for everyone,” she giggled.

 

So..." Sooyoung started, crossing her legs and leaning back on one hand, "Are you two gonna tell us why you hid from us that the other was coming?”

 

I will tell you,” Hyunjin started, waving a finger, “But why don't you drink up first? Then we can play truth or dare, and I'll explain everything to you.”

 

Alright,” Sooyoung said, narrowing her eyes at Hyunjin and taking a sip from her glass of wine, “But we better have an explanation once this is over.”

 

Oh, don't worry,” Hyunjin smugly smiled at Sooyoung, “We will.”

 

Okay,” Jinsol clasped her hands together half an hour later, far after Sooyoung and Jiwoo were done drinking, but Hyunjin didn't seem as eager to start the game. She had her head rested on Jinsol's thigh, who was sitting arms crossed, “Jiwoo!” She exclaimed, sitting up, causing Hyujin's head to shift in her lap. “You're up. Truth or dare?”

 

Uh...” she trailed off, sending Sooyoung a wide eyed look, “Truth?” she asked, unsure.

 

Jinsol smirked, “Do you like on Sooyoung?” She boldly asked, the alcohol definitely having increased her confidence, “And I mean, romantically. None of that 'we're just besties' bull.”

 

Stuttering and spluttering, Jinsol stared at Jiwoo as the other girl struggled to find her answer answer.


 

Sooyoung nervously laughed and shifted ever so slightly, “What kind of question is thi-”

 

Oh puh-lease,” Hyunjin interrupted her, holding her left hand up, “Hang it up, clown number 1 and clown number 2, we know you like each other,” she slurred, getting up to sit. Jinsol immediately missed the warmth of her head resting on her lap.

And you guys are so ing bad at hiding it too,” she continued, the alcohol taking over, “You guys are all 'Oh, Sooyoungie! I missed you!' and 'Oh Jiwooming, you're here! I love you!' like okay, now kiss and shut the up or whatever Dua Lipa said on her song.”

 

Oh yeah?” Sooyoung retorted, smirking, “So we're not going to address whatever you two have going on?” She said, gesturing to the two girls in font of her.

 

Huh? What?”

 

Oh, come on,” Sooyoung continued, “She was literally laying on your lap seconds ago. And besides, she's always looking at you when you're not looking. You guys are just as obvious as we allegedly are- if not worse.”

 

Now that's just stupid,” she retorted, “And besides, I'm pretty sure Hyunjin is into Heejin or something.”

 

What?” The other girl snorted so loudly Jinsol was sure it could be heard from outer space, “Since when?” She gasped for air as she cackled like a witch, grabbing her sides.

 

I don't know!” Jinsol said, looking down at her and waving her arms, “I just sort of assumed you were...”

 

I mean, I get it- they are pretty close-” Jiwoo started until Sooyoung gave her a look, “...Nevermind.”

 

Oh God, not in a million years. Heejin's my very best friend, and probably my platonic soulmate or something- but... that's where it stops.”


 

Jinsol nodded.


 

Besides, in case you hadn't noticed,” Hyunjin was looking at Jinsol in the eye now, “I really like you,” Hyunjin she quietly said, startling Jinsol, “Like, in a romantic, I-want-to-smooch-you way.”

 

...You like me?” She stared in disbelief.

 

Yes, and I've been pretty obvious about it... I literally gave you my bread the other day,” she said, reminding Jinsol of the gesture, “I never give anyone my bread.”


 

Oh...” Jinsol said, realization dawning upon her. She'd simply assumed Hyunjin just had too much bread on her hands. “Well, I like you too.”

 

Cool,” Hyunjin nodded.


 

... Cool?”

 

Oh Sooyoungie, look at them! They're so adorable,” Jiwoo said, clinging on to Sooyoung's arm.

 

Hey,” Jinsol said, “You still haven't answered my question. Do you like Sooyoung?”

 

Or dare I say Soo-hag,” Hyunjin snorted, before letting out a hiccup, “She's really not that young anymore.”

 

Jinsol, Jinsol, Jinsol...” Jiwoo started, “Yes, I like Sooyoungie. I told her yesterday evening over the phone after you called us out. We're dating now,” she said, grabbing the other girl's hand and pecking her on the cheek.

 

Oh. So this was all for nothing? Oh my god, I feel very stupid now.”

 

Well no, you and Hyunjin realized you have feelings for each other- which we all knew, by the way, so no, tonight was not completely fruitless,” Sooyoung let out a laugh, “Especially since we’re all very much fruity.”

 

Hyunjin giggled at that, “Ha, maybe that’s why you’re always feeding each other strawberries.”

 

Jiwoo blushed at the comment, “It only happened once,” she coyly said.

 

And yet, I caught it in 4k. It's all over Twitter now, by the way...”

 

So!” Sooyoung interjected, “I believe it’s my turn to ask someone a question.”

 

Wha-“

 

Hyunjin, truth or dare?”

 

Mhh, dare. Bring it on, grandma.”

 

I dare you to play seven minutes in heaven with Jinsol,” she smirked once again at the younger girl.

 

Ah...” Hyunjin smirked, “I choose... truth...” Hyunjin immediately backtracked. Jinsol was disappointed, to say the least- she and Hyunjin hadn’t even taken the time to talk about their feelings, but she now knew the other girl didn’t want to kiss her- something she very much wanted.

 

Tut tut tut,” Sooyoung said, waving her finger, “You're too old not to know you have to think before talking. Now, get out of there,” she said, motioninng to the door, “And into there,” she finished, pointing at Jinsol.

 

Fine,” she said, squinting at the other girl, “Don’t think I won’t get back at you, Granny Smith. I might just push you down the stairs when you're not looking.”

 

Sure you will,” she said, shoving Hyunjin and Jinsol out of the door and into the small bathroom that was adjacent to Jinsol's room, “Have fun in there,” Sooyoung winked, ”But not too much fun. Jiwoo and I would rather not be scarred today,” she said, causing Jinsol to scowl at her.

 

And I hope you'll turn into bones the second I close this door, but we can't all get what we want in life.”

**


 

God, it’s so dark in here,” Hyunjin said, as she was pinned against the door by Jinsol. She grabbed Jinsol’s arm when she motioned towards the light switch,  “Don’t turn the light. My head kind of hurts.”

 

Let’s sit,” Jinsol said, taking Hyunjin’s hand in hers and sitting down, pulling on it, causing Hyunjin to sit down as well, “So…”

 

So…” Hyunjin nervously laughed, “What up?” she awkwardly asked.

 

Jinsol was exasperated. Were they really not going to address the situation? She let out a huge sigh, “Hyunjin, can we please talk about whatever just happened?” she said, her eyes finally adjusting to the darkness of the room.

 

Look,” she started when she got no answer from the other girl, “I have a crush on you. Apparently you like me, but you don’t want to talk about it,” she took a deep breath, “How am I supposed to react to that?”

 

Well,” Hyunjin finally said after a heavy silence, “I just didn’t think I’d get this far,” she admitted, “But I really like you. Like, romantically. Not like Heejin- gah, I still can’t believe you thought I was into her, by the way.”

 

Well, I don’t know either! This is all very confusing for me.”

 

I like you, and you like me. I believe this is the part where you grow a backbone and kiss me,” Hyunjin chuckled, “We’re playing seven minutes in heaven after all.”

 

Jinsol’s palms suddenly became clammy, and she slowly approached the other girl, before placing her hand on her cheek and sealing their lips together.

 

The kiss only lasted a few seconds, but Hyunjin and Jinsol were both left gasping for air.


 

Well, that was satisfying...”


 

Only satisfying?”


 

You're a great kisser, Jung Jinsol.”


 

So are you, Kim Hyunjin.” 


 

Suddenly, they heard a muffled voice from behind the door, “We did it, Sooyoungie!”

 

Shh, they’re gonna hear you!” They heard Sooyoung whisper.

 

We did it, Sooyoungie!” she said, a little quieter this time, causing Jinsol to laugh.