Chapter 8

kalpas
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

3rd POV

 

Winter thinks that everything that just happened is not worth it. She wanted to move forward na lang kahit wala pa yung move on. But she is expecting to move on and focuses on herself more. Nahihirapan siya eh, kahit akala ni Winter okay na, hindi pa. Pero kayanin nya kahit kapitbahay nya pa ito.

 

Makaka move on din sya kahit fetus steps pa 'yan. 

 

Winter are busy preparing herself para sa part time job na ilang weeks na syang naka leave. 

 

 

While she was busy rushing to go out kasi nakalimutan nya na sasabay sya kay Mang Ben to apologize, pero late na sya. Kaya naman busy siya habulin yung elevator and she was not even aware of the person inside. It was Karina.

 

 

A shocked woman with a face mask and a white nursing uniform was there. Beside Winter, a clueless little girl is busy catching her breath and pressing the lobby floor. The tall woman was just looking at what winter was doing.

 

 

Winter notices the stares and she cannot believe who she was with. The shocked face winter made when she was closer to the tall woman, and Karina just simply waved her hand into her and that made winter back herself out. 

 

"Uhmm" Winter said quietly and she looked around. 

 

Karina notices that, so she just looks down to the floor. "Wow the floor, looking nice!." she said to herself.

 

The presence tells it clearly that it was awkward, very awkward. But the tall woman found it funny. She was smiling ear to ear and she was hoping the uncomfortable woman beside her might find out. Winter doesn't know what to do actually she went blank—and her face tells it, obviously. The tall woman thinks she was a small penguin waiting for her parents to get her.  

 

Why does she think that you may ask? because both winter arms are on her side posing like a goddamn penguin. 

 

 

Karina can't stop smiling.

 

Karina feels comfortable and relaxed. 

 

The floor was stop and winter cursed to herself non stop "Sino ba kasi tangina naman eh, babang baba na ako." she said to herself. 

Karina notices winter faces and she cannot stop laughing—thank God she has a mask on. A small little kid got into the elevator. "Uhmm…Hi! po ate room 108 (winter) at ateng room 116! (rina)." little bop cut girl said.

 

Naisip nila yung isident nung nakaraan. 

 

Winter smiles at her, forcely…thinking that this little girl says nothing to that night.

 

"Hello there! "What floor are you?" Karina said playfully. Winter notices the woman gazes, the soft voice, and her movements, Winter notices that—everything. 

 

"S-sa.. floor 1 lang po" the little girl said and stared at Karina. "Ate ang pretty pretty mo po" pahabol ng bata. Winter quickly stares at the kid. The little girl notices winter stares at her, so the kid slits her eyes at Winter. The atmosphere became heavier, it was like a staring contest that was happening there.

 

 

Karina notices that winter was furious—well in fact, the both of them were furious. She feels like winter was staring at her little self. Karina can't stop smiling too much.

 

"Haha thanks! you too." Karina pinch the little girl's cheek. The little girl sticks her tongue out while looking at winter. Winter side eye the kid, and said to herself "Maganda daw eh naka mask nga…itong batang 'to." She notices Karina stealing glares so she look down. 

 

Karina fix her posture. But then, she can't stop simlling—kanina pa. 

 

The elevator opens.

 

"Bye bye ate ganda!." the little girl said, smilingly. Karina just waves at her.

 

Karina cheecks was starting to gurt from smilling too much.

 

"Bye! ateng masungit." the little kid said, sarcastically and rolled her at Winter. And got out.

 

Winter was shocked and put both her hands in her face. Karina notices that she chuckles, loudly. 

 

"Haha… Tawa ka 'dyan!." Winter said out loud.

 

"Sorry.." Karina said while laughing, while raising a peace sign…

 

Karina feels relieved and safe after a long time.

 

Karina Got out, and chuckled. But Winter stayed at the elevator processing everything that happened, she got her phone, as she got out and saw karina na nasa malayo na. 

 

 

*3 Unread notifications."

 

*Alipunga Vendors*

 

gi: hi! guys 

gi: Are you guys free? I'm in Manila right now.

Ryu: HOY TOTOO BA??? 

chae: gago? 

win: WEEHHHHH

gi: yes 😁

ryu: TALAGA???

gi: yup 😄🖕

chae: NO JOKE???

win: NO WAYY

gi: yes! way 😄🖕 can you guys stop na?!

 

The chit-chat didn't stop.

 

Winter can't stop smiling about the news, well hindi ganon big deal, but she will be able to talk to her MIA friend. Giselle said that she was h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter