chapter 4

was this all worth it?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

if there is one word to describe how she is feeling at the moment, it would definitely be dreadful. she fixes her bow tie for the umpteenth time, buttons then s her jacket while pacing around her room. she invites seulgi over, with joy obviously tailing along, in hopes to play her role as a supportive best friend.

 

she did her best, wendy gives her that. while both of them were struggling with her bow tie, joy easily steps in and takes over. in the end, seulgi tosses a few compliments here and there whilst joy adjusts her jacket and gives final touches to her overall appearance.

 

“you look good for once i must say,” joy compliments. “can’t wait to see how your girlfriend would react to you in tux though. i can imagine her struggle to pick up her jaw on the ground seeing you dressed up so well, you even wore lens for the occasion.”

 

“thanks….?”

 

unfortunately, irene didn’t have the time to see her in the tux during the fitting. a call required her to be present somewhere else so she hastily left the store but not before settling the bill. she even managed to slip in a chaste kiss on her cheek before bidding goodbye. her cheeks warm at the memory.

 

she is going to be the death of me.

 

a sudden ping on her phone breaks her out of her reverie. wendy fishes out her phone from the pocket and the sender’s name provides her a sense of support despite not being present along with her other two friends.

 

yerim the squirt:
break a leg!
not literally though
7:48 pm

 

she takes her words back. if this is what a supportive friend looks like, she wants to claim a refund.

 

the nerdy unnie:
that does not help at all
7:48 pm

 

yerim the squirt:
and if there’s a dance
please don’t step on her foot
7:49 pm

 

the nerdy unnie:
yah!
what do you take me for?
i’m not that bad
7:50 pm

 

yerim the squirt:
says the one who stumbles over her own foot
just try to enjoy your time with irene okay?
don’t think much of others
7:53 pm

 

wendy didn’t have the time to mull over yeri’s words as she heard someone rapping against her door. she opens the door to reveal irene in a beautiful off-shoulder dress that hugs her body at the right curves and shows off her prominent collarbone. she leaves her hair down that cascades on one shoulder, enhancing all her pretty features to one’s eye.

 

she clears to hide her gawking. “you look….. amazing.” 

 

“and you look rather ravishing in the tux,” irene compliments. 

 

a flash interrupts their moment and they both turn to see joy grinning from behind her phone. “i can clearly see you guys eye-ing each other, even in the picture. don’t worry, you guys can thank me later for the pic.”

 

irene scoffs. “what is she doing here?”

 

“we were helping wannie out! she’s got all the jittery feels of a date to a banquet. will you guys dance at the banquet? because wannie lacks in that department so you might want to watch your feet or better yet, don’t dance at all. you’ll save hers and your face from embarrassment.” seulgi butts in. 

 

“thanks both of you for doing a great job at making my girlfriend look like she stepped out of a magazine but we need to go if we don’t want to be late. bye.” irene grabs hold of wendy’s hands and tugs her out of her room.

 

“thanks for the help guys! i’ll text you later,” wendy says as irene drags her to their ride.

 

seulgi and joy waves them goodbye and watches until the car fades away into the distance.

 

“do you think they’ll be alright? i can’t help but worry for both of them and i don’t know if this is a good or bad thing.” seulgi voices out her worries.

 

joy hugs her girlfriend from behind and snuggles into seulgi’s shoulder. “they’ll be just fine. it doesn’t take much to know they care about each other more than friends or fake girlfriends do. i’m sure

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter