chapter 3

was this all worth it?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

another chapter update!! i got to meet yeri in flesh yesterday for the first time ever and i just had to post this chapter because if i'm happy, then everyone reading this should be too. no more monday blues!! butttt sadly after this, updates would be a lot slower since i am still writing the story and the updates is almost catching up to where i am writing now. i know i said i'm gonna make the story 3 or 4-chapters short but it seems like my writing got out of hand. please enjoy the story and comment down your thoughts!!

p/s: this chapter is minimally proofread so forgive for any errors or plotholes. 

 

 

saturday morning came and routinely, wendy would wake up, take a walk around the park in her campus then get breakfast at her favourite coffeehouse for their famous pancakes and maybe continue on her book reading. that was something she would normally do but not today it seems.

 

before she could wake up to her alarm, she felt feathery touches trailing along her eyebrows, down her nose and stopping just over her lips–not quite touching but not far off to not notice it hovering as the heat radiating from the previous touches has yet to reach her lips. she twitches her eyes open, adjusting to the bright sunlight peeking through the blinds. her nose picks up the faint familiar scent she's grown accustomed to these past few weeks; citrus and cedarwood. 

 

“good morning to you too sleepyhead.” 

 

wendy groans as she sits up in bed and stretches her body. “how did you get in here? and why are you disturbing me this early without a heads up, on a weekend at that?”

 

irene makes herself comfortable by opting to sit on the fluffy carpet in the middle of wendy’s dorm. “first, i got your lock code from seulgi obviously. second, i texted you that we’re going to shop for our attire.”

 

“one day, i’m gonna strangle seulgi for keeping this thing up,“ wendy mutters to herself.

 

“she’s doing me a favour really. besides, i got to see your peaceful sleeping face.”

 

“shut up bae and i didn’t get any messages from you either.”

 

irene raises an eyebrow to her statement, giving her the are you sure about that look, prompting wendy to reach for her phone on the side of her pillow. the screen lights up as she looks at the notification on her lockscreen and there–irene did send her a text. only to see that she sent it at the crack of dawn.

 

bae irene:

heyy

i’m coming over to take you shopping later

hope you don’t mind ;)

1:23 am

 

“what the hell!? who on earth would send a text to someone–at 1 in the morning at that–telling them that they’re taking you out on the same day? in case you didn’t know, i always sleep before 12 am. and oh i don’t know, i do mind this.”

 

“you sleep too early on a weekend night for a college student. i just happen to know that you don’t have anything planned out for the weekend too, so why not make use of it with me? i can also bet that you don’t have anything decent for the banquet.”

 

her competitive nature gets the best of her despite irene’s words being true–she has nothing to wear to a banquet. she’s not a dress person per se but the last suit she has ever worn was for her high school prom. surely that wouldn’t fit her anymore. “who says i don’t have the proper attire for a banquet?” wendy huffs as she stands up from her bed, looking down to irene.

 

“you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter