chapter 1

was this all worth it?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“come on wendy,” seulgi pouts to her best friend, giving her puppy eyes that she knows wendy couldn’t say no to. “you’ll help your real best friend in the whole wide world right?”

 

“what makes you so confident that i’ll help you….. or her?”

 

“i’m your best friend!” seulgi fakes a gasp in exasperation. “and she needs our help! more of yours actually.”

 

“well, i might consider revoking that title soon,” wendy shrugs nonchalantly, eyes never off the book in front of her. things were going pretty well so far that day in wendy’s opinion – not until seulgi came up to her desk in their shared room, proposing an idea, a rather stupid one wendy thinks, that no sane person would agree to. “and tell her i said no.”

 

“but you’re the only one who can help her!”

 

“you can go, you know.”

 

“joy would kill me! you know how she is. fake or not, she'd have my head for sure."

 

“then go ask yeri. she’s single.”

 

“coincidently yeri is meeting up with her family that day. you are her one last hope.”

 

wendy sighs, finally shifting her attention from her book to her best friend. “and how are you so sure i’m free to help her on that day?”

 

seulgi stands rather too gleefully. she sensed that wendy’s guard is slowly crumbling and if she wants wendy on board, she needs to say the right words and snatch the opportunity when it comes forth. 

 

“we just finished finals so there’s no tests or assignments due, your parents are coming over not until the next few months so you won’t have any family plans and you’re just a book nerd who’s cooped up in her room all the time unless joy, yeri or i pull you out. there, did i miss anything?” seulgi looks extremely proud for someone who just desperately begged for her bestfriend’s help minutes ago. “please wendy, help me out here.”

 

rubbing both her hands over her face in a slow manner, wendy knows she can’t get out of this situation no matter how much she despises the idea. surrendering her fate with a heavy sigh, she only hopes that this will be the last time she will ever give in to seulgi’s crazy shenanigans. or none other than the woman behind this scheme who had to drag seulgi and her along, bae irene.

 

“fine, i’ll do it.”

 

 

the silence between the two of them is deafening except for the low buzz of patrons in the campus cafe in the background. there was no way wendy would start the conversation despite the c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter