Chapter 1

The Tutor
Please log in to read the full chapter

Winter's POV

 

 "It's been a long day, why was I called to school so suddenly?" Winter spoke breathlessly, searching for the location of the meeting room, She had been going around and about here for some time, and the sweat drops on her forehead would not cease.

 

Winter has searched every nook and cranny of their campus but is still unable to locate it. As she saw a vending machine with drinks, she briefly halted and swallowed. Winter wanted to grab a drink because she had been running for some time and was now exhausted and thirsty, but when she looked in her pocket, she couldn't find any cash because she had left her wallet in the dorm.

 

", how unlucky I am today?" Winter hissed, annoyed that of all the things she could have left behind, her wallet was the only one she forgot, how can she forgot the most important thing. She growled, Due to her unfortunate circumstances, she actually facepalmed her face right now. 

 

"How can I now buy a drink of this?" she asked herself. Winter wasn't aware that the person behind her, who also appeared to be planning to purchase a beverage from the vending machine, had heard her cute banters. the latter smiled unknowingly while looking at her amusingly.

 

"Uhmm, do you need help?" The unknown person asked.

 

Winter swiftly turned to face the speaker after being startled by the voice she heard. 

 

The sight of a stunning woman in front of Winter caught her completely off guard. She glanced at the girl in front of her and thought to herself.

 

"She's gorgeous. She mumbled, feeling a little bashful and looked away that made the other girl giggled.

 

 "I-uhh... Nothing, no worries. hehe."She laugh a little and bit her bottom lip in embarrassment.

 

 The unknown girl look at her thoroughly, and asked her once more.

 

"Are you sure?"The girl asked, trying to make sure I that she is alright. I didn't bother to respond; and I just nodded a little, because i think that my tongue was tied up because of how intimidatingly pretty this girl was. 

 

I moved aside to allowing her to pass and make use of the vending machine. She abruptly called me again as I was going to leave. i blinked few times while looking at my back, asking myself if she was talking directly to me.

 

I blinked again when I heard her calling me. "Ms. heres your drink... and have a nice day." She said. as she gave me a bottle of water. 

 

Her smile was so intense that I was almost thrilled because of what she did to me, it's just a small thing but I'm starting ask myself if what is her sole purpose why she lend a hand on me. I can't fully understand what I feel right now.

 

"T-thank you..." I stuttered to say thank you to her. This is the first time someone gave me something, no one even dared to approach me because I'm known as a nerd and an introvert. I only talk to my friends and the professors of our campus.

 

"By the way, I am Kim Minji." She introduced herself as Minji and gave Winter the water she needed before leaving. Winter was startled when her phone rang before she could even finish her thought. 

 

She turned to check and noticed that their school president was contacting her. 

 

"I'm late," Winter muttered and then sped off to the conference room. Winter received a text from their dean when she was out running. 

 

'Mrs. Dean texted Kim, "Please meet me in my office," Winter didn't think twice and just run as fast as she could upon reading the message.

 

 

Winter was stopped in her tracks. as she was rushing when the hallway she was heading to, experienced an abrupt power outage. 

 

She stood at the edge and appeared to be fumbling around in the shadows. Winter was simply moving forward down the corridor when she unexpectedly trod on an empty soda can. 

 

Someone unexpectedly stopped next to her, which astonished her. When the person she touched shouted in the darkness, she reached out the other person's hand in the direction of where she heard the voice and searched for whoever it was.

 

"Ugh! don't come near me!" The girl screamed in fear.

 

Winter groaned in pain, she felt her earache as it was cranked up high and loud enough by the other person's voice. 

 

" She screams so loud." thought Winter to herself. 

 

On the other hand, the other person thought that winter was a ghost so she didn't hesitate anymore and punched her right there, causing winter to halt at her place and groaned that resulted to her eyeglass to break and thrown on the ground.

 

"Ahhhhhhhhhh! ghost," said the woman in the dark. 

 

Winter was about to speak but she was preceded by a punch to the face that made her growl because of the pain she felt.

 

"I'm not a ghost... i think my nose is broken." Winter muttered in pain.

 

 

 

 

 

 

The perpetrator was fleeing out of fear even before winter could confront the person. In an effort to find her broken eyeglass, Winter was left with no choice but to scan the floor by tapping the ground. It was already broken when she discovered it. Winter simply sighed due to exhaustion and just walked into the hospital and asked for a pain reliever and to clean her bleeding nose.

 

"Oh my god, Winter what happened to you?" The nurse in the infirmary asked her with a worried tone.

 

"Someone punched me on the face awhile ago. By the way can i have a pain reliever Ms. Son?" Winter answered.

 

"Tsk, here let me clean those cut you have a bruise beside your lower lip. And heres your pain reliever drink this before your meal three times a day." Ms. Son said and smiled at her brightly, Ms. Wendy Son was one of those people who always look out for her, she's very attentive and caring to her.

 

"Thanks, Ms. Son!" she responded.

 

"I already called your Best Friend Ningning. She will come here in a minute." Nurse Wendy said.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Winter glanced in the mirror and winced as he noticed the significant bruise on his face from the earlier punch. If he appears like this, how will he show himself to the dean later on during the meeting. 

 

Winter asked herself, "What should i do now?" She was merely holding her breath steadily so she took a long sigh because she's too exhausted.

 

she was about to go back to her seat and take a rest. When Winter suddenly felt her ear aches, since her friend flicked her ear.

 

As she rubbed her ears, Winter said, "Ouch! Ningning that hurts! do you really need to do that?" and gave her friend a deadly glare that earns a smile to the latter.

 

Winter scowled in discomfort. 

 

Ningning questioned Winter as if she were her mother, "What idiotic thing did you do today Winter Kim?" Winter began to explain what had happened to her companion. Ningn

Please log in to read the full chapter