Mornings

Star Planet I - Zerobaseone Added Members / Boys Planet FF

GIO

The practice room was still empty.

I guess that happens when you rise at six when all others are expected to be here by nine.

I stretched my neck, arms, and legs while looking in the mirror. I was wearing the white jogging set today. We were supposed to practice in this one while wearing the pink set around the Star Academy dorms.

It made my jet-black hair stand out starkly. I was wearing it in a high ponytail. My full lips were painted red, and my signature beauty mark next to my upper lip was also very visible today. I hated the thing, but my mother had always told me it looked beautiful.

I walked towards the stereo and flicked it on. The beats of Pink Venom from Black Pink blasted through Studio A.

"Starting without me?" a male voice I recognized all too well echoed over the music as I saw Gunwook approach me through the mirror.

Dio Santo, malediziono...

I rolled my eyes as I eternally cursed in italian.

"Didn't know we were practicing together?"

"Well, we are putting up a group performance, aren't we?"

He started stretching too with that goofy grin on his face, and I shook my head. I was not pleased with somebody invading my private training time. Despite his insistent flirting throughout practice, he was talented, and we worked well together. The flirting was distracting, especially since he stood no chance. He didn't seem to get that hint.

I found my position, and as we were Lead and Main Rappers for this song, he got in position as well. Both of us started with the dance practice first and fell into a steady routine.

By the time the others rolled in, we had been practicing for two hours and were sweating and gulping down water in the corner of the room.

We shared a practice room with the other three-star group, led by Nina, who would be doing the song Easy from Stray Kids. She was through the door first, taking the leader thing seriously.

Our group members followed. They weren't surprised when they saw us. I guess Gunwook must have told them he would be joining me early today. They also knew I came in early daily, as I had been doing that for the last four days.

Briar and Ara were my roommates, and we clicked instantly. They had also been drafted in the Pink Venom Three-Star group to my pleasure.

They were chatting loudly about a dream Ara had had last night. Behind them, the other guys followed: Yujin, Jay, and Matthew. They greeted us and dropped their bags in the other corner.

Last was Allison. The girl was talented, but somehow not my vibe. I didn't do princesses, and somehow she felt high maintenance.

As our group leader, I approached the team and told them about the little things Gunwook and I had decided to change to improve the choreography. We showed it to our teammates, who happily agreed that it was better.

When the judges showed up for a first evaluation, we were complimented on our hard work, and it made my nose curl. That was the feedback I had been hoping for. Gunwook gave me googly eyes and a wink as if our little morning session had done the trick.

Dio Santo, it was about to be a thing.