The Return

Star Planet I - Zerobaseone Added Members / Boys Planet FF

LUX

I took a deep inhale of stale studio air before my black stiletto's clacked onwards into the unknown. I was wearing my armor, as I liked to call it; my black skintight Gucci dress which made me feel confident and y.

I turned a corner, and a producer told me to walk straight into this domed thing, with bright blue and pink neon lights. I could not glance beyond their assault as they completely blocked anything on the other side. Yet, I could tell I was about to enter a giant room, probably another studio, as I had passed several of them before they had done my hair and make-up.

Immediately gasps and murmurs started an uproar, echoing around the heigh-ceiled room when I finally was at the last part of the corridor. The producer had told me to wait at the gold star at the end, so I did just that. I was feeling seen and exposed in a room filled with my hoobaenims. I would definitely be the oldest one here and perhaps the most well-known.

I took a deep bow when the cheers and claps erupted like a bomb exploding, prickling hot tears behind my eyes. I couldn't cry, not now. Not with the camera's watching, not with this make-up. I would not give him the satisfaction.

Bowing and curtseying, I made my way to the center of the room, as everyone surrounding me was pointing upwards as if they had decided my place for me. The irony wasn't lost on me, either. It was precisely this I had been dreading, the loss of control—the decisions being made for me.

Yet I walked because I was here for a reason, and this I would have to endure. I have known about this for a while and could prepare for the mental duress it would put me through after everything.

People were reaching for my hand, bowing almost all the way to the floor, as I walked with my head held high, a soft smile spread over my red-tinted lips. My stage name 'Lux' was said, as well as my real name 'Minlee' or 'sunbaenim'. It was impossible to distinguish all of them as they blended into an echo.

Yet, I did hear everything else. Those words stood out more clearly.

"She's back!"

"I can't believe she would try again after everything."

"Isn't she too senior now?"

"She has already debuted! Why is she here?"

After everything... those words cut. Yes, after everything that happened with Quasar, my former group, I'm still standing. I'm still here. And I am back.

I'm back to reclaim my idol life.