apologies and friendship

I swear I'll never leave again

(Minju pov

she's still crying in my arms. my mind went blank the moment she told me all of that. how am i supposed to react to that?

i had a hunch that it must have been something like this. i'm not even angry at her but i don't know what to say. i think i'll need some time to process all of this but being with chaewon unnie doesn't sound bad.. 

i can actually bet she'll treat me better than any man but i'm not sure. 
i don't want to get hurt again, i won't be able to take it if she'll leave me again. 

i felt her calm down. and so i decided it was best to tell her the truth. 

"unnie, don't ever think that i'll hate you and you don't make me uncomfortable. on contrary you're the only one i feel the safest and most comfortable with. and don't ever hide your feelings, i'd rather have you tell me your feelings, I'd rather have you tell me the truth than to leave me like that." 
You can feel her tighten her hold on your waist urging you to continue. 

"I think I'll need some time to think things through because I've never thought about you liking me like that before. But let's go back to being how we used to be yeah?" You can feel her nod. 

"Please don't leave me again, I can't do it without you" you know you're close to breaking down, you know she knows too and she looks up.

She stares at you as if trying to read your eyes. You know she can. Suddenly she stands up offers you a hand and takes you inside the house. 

"So you wanna look around the house?" She asks you. You're confused by the sudden change in mood but yes that's chaewon and this is something that you should've known would happen after all she can't really let her emotions out for too long. 

"So... you haven't told anyone about this because you wanted to show it to me first?" You're still not sure but then she looks at you and smiles. 
You know it's you. her eyes, you'd be a fool to not notice every emotion she feels for you. You feel warm.
 You feel at home? Yes. You feel at home. She's your home. You've known it since 2019. And oh it feels so good to be finally back. 

After touring the house which indeed is an amazing house. Every corner of it screams chaewon and it has several things that remind you of yourself. Things you told her you'd like in your dream house or things that are related to you. 

You both are now sitting on the couch talking about everything and nothing. You haven't felt this relaxed in a while. You know you'll eventually fall for her too. 

Maybe you already have but it's still scary to think about it now so you push that thought to the back of your head. 

(Chaewon's pov

You both are talking for a while now. You understand she needs time to think about your confession but since she didn't deny it, there's a chance that you can pursue her right?. 

"Min? Are you seeing anyone at the moment?"
She seems surprised byt the sudden question because just a minute ago you both were talking about macarons and now this. quite unexpected taking the fact you had just confessed few hours ago. 

"No." She says and there's a new hope in your heart. 

"then I guess you should be ready." You smirk, you're finally feeling confident again. 
"For what?" Her brows furrowed, she looks genuinely confused.

"I know you don't like me at the moment and you might never actually but I'd like to give it my all so that i don't regret anything later. So be ready kim minju because I'll try my best to make you fall for me too. You take her hand intertwine it with yours and give her a peck on the back of her hand.

She blushes a bright red and you think it's the cutest thing. "i-it-its getting late and i have a shoot tomorrow, I should head home" She abruptly stands up but is unable to go too far since your hands are still intertwined. 

She looks back as you tighten your grip on her hand and pull her down. she barely stops herself from falling on top you. Her free hand resting beside your thighs and her face about an inch apart from yours. 

You look at her, her eyes wide and all you want to do is to kiss her right there and then. pouring out all the feelings you had kept hidden since years but no. there's still a line and you know this is not the right time to cross it. 

You use your free hand to hold her waist. You pull her closer. Foreheads touching. Jasmine overwhelms your lungs. you had to use every muscle of your body to resist kissing her. you look down at her lips and then back at her eyes. 
"Want me to drop you?" You ask her. 

"NO!" she jumps out of your hold and her face turns soo red it actually resembles a tomato. You laugh and she walks towards the door. You walk with her. She puts on her shoes, you do the same. She doesn't stop you. as you're walking down the street you hold her hand. She lets you do it. 

On reaching her apartment, she comes closer with a smile, a shy one. She hugs you. She says she has missed you a lot and that she thought about you every single day. and then she whispers in your ears, "unnie, the elevator is broken and as you already known I live on the 8th floor so you should start exercising from now on" And before you could reply, she kisses your cheeks and moves away with a grin. 

You stan there processing whatever just happened for a good few mins before you get a call from hyewon and yena ( looks like they're still together,playing games most probably)yelling at you to tell them everything. 

And finally you feel free, you feel happy. 

That night you couldn't sleep. her words kept repeating in your head. 

She said, "unnie, do you know what I thought when I saw you today? I was angry, sad, hurt but I was happy, I was really happy that it was you in person nit over call talking to one of the members making excuses as to why you can't come."

"And when you suddenly grabbed my hand, all I wanted was to hug you, cry and tell you how much I missed you. But I was angry and scared that you'll leave me again. I don't know about anything else but unnie you need to be by my side. You promised you. Do you know how much it hurt to see you avoid me everytime we all gathered. I tried to talk to you, I had a hunch that this was the reason you were pushing me away, I wanted to tell you it was alright but when I saw you run away rather than trying hard for us. For our friendship, I was hurt and I just let you go." She laughed bitterly after that. 

You feel bad and soo guilty but that's okay because now she's here, with you and you'll make her the happiest person in the world. You know you can.