Somethin Kinda Crazy

Marionette
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Joohyun is my universe.” Seulgi answered shortly yet firmly.

 

“Continue.” Irene didn’t realize a smile grew on her face. Many men had called her beautiful, dazzling, perfect, and other similar names, but she never heard any of them called her as their universe, moreover when they were under Irene’s control.

 

“Joohyun is my hero.. She is the air that I breathe, the woman of my life, the person I love the most in this world and nothing can ever replace her. She has a special place inside my heart. If I were a fish then she would be the sea that I live in. But…” Seulgi stopped and Irene could see a drip of tears escaped Seulgi’s eyes.

 

“But?” Irene asked curiously.

 

“But then again, I know my place. If she is the night then I will be the morning. If she is the sun, I will be the moon. If she is the sea then I will be the land. It means, we can never meet because we simply are not made for each other. She is a dazzling princess while I am no one but a commoner. I am only her shadow who used to follow her without being known; Who can only love her from afar.” More tears fell down from Seulgi’s eyes. Irene reached out her hand and wiped it away. She cried along for some unknown reasons. She didn’t know why, but she could feel the pain inside Seulgi’s words.

 

“I know she despised me. Her ex said so. She didn’t even need to tell me verbally but I knew that she disliked me, that she loathed me so much. I made her feel sick and wanted to vomit. That’s how horrible I am.” Seulgi smiled sadly as tears streamed down her face.

 

“Don’t say that. I never thought that far about you. You will not remember this at all but just so you know; yes I admit that I dislike you for I am straight and so I am afraid your gayness will infect me but not more than that. I swear~” Irene stated honestly. She too cried harder when she was hearing the hurtful words said by Seulgi.

 

“That’s why I decided to be gone for real; to be out from Joohyun’s life for real. I never want to disturb her anymore. I don’t want her to see me anymore. I want her to life her life peacefully and normally with any guy that she loves.” Seulgi sighed as her nose started to get red.

 

“I have made a promise to myself to leave her alone and I will fulfil my promise.” Seulgi ended her speech.

 

“Do you still love Joohyyn, Seulgi?” Irene felt touched hearing Seulgi’s true feelings for her. And yes, Seulgi was one of those rare persons that still refused to call her Irene. After some time, she let Seulgi called her Joohyun; it’s not like the younger woman had enough guts to call her name often anyway. Wendy was right; what Seulgi had for her was totally different from any man she had ever met. She was genuine and sincere, unlike the guys she ever dated before.

 

“I have tried so many times to stop what I am feeling toward her, but I cannot. I am still so in love with her no matter how I’ve tried to distract myself from her. I cannot move on. But as I have promised, I will not interfere her life anymore. When she has married, I am sure I can move on and find the right person for me too.” Irene didn’t know why she felt a jab on her heart when Seulgi said that she would find the right person; and that person wasn’t Irene.

 

“What Joohyun has ever done to you until you fall head over heels for her?” Irene pried.

 

“She saved me when I was still in the kindergarten. That’s when I fell for her.” Seulgi smiled remembering her childhood.

 

“But that was years ago~ It’s been 20 years passed since that event. Then why? Why do you still love her?” Irene composed herself and brought her hand to caress Seulgi’s cheek. She smiled unconsciously.

 

“She is naturally lovable so I don’t need a reason to love her. People say that if it is indeed a love that you feel; then you will become a stupidest person in the world because you won’t even know the reason why you love her/him. I guess it applies well to me. I don’t know why but I know I love her. That’s that.” Seulgi sincerely told Irene and again it made Irene’s heart skip a beat. Irene shivered hearing hearty words coming straight from Seulgi. She never once experienced being loved unconditionally, until now despite the fact that Seulgi was a woman too like her.

 

“If that Joohyun is right here in front of you, what will you do?” Irene lowered down her hand and grabbed Seulgi’s hand and held it.

 

“Runaway. I will ensure that she cannot see me.” Seulgi again sighed. Irene gripped the hand tighter.

 

“But… Why? Why can’t you tell what you really feel for her? Why don’t you give yourself a chance to confess?” Irene asked simultaneously.

 

“I know I am stupid when it comes to love but I am not that idiot to say it to her. I don’t want her to feel guilty should she doesn’t have enough bravery to reject me. I don’t want her to be bumbling if she sees me. I don’t want all that. Her happiness is my priority.” Seulgi exclaimed bitterly and yes, Irene could feel it. She traced Seulgi’s eyebrows down to her nose using her thumb.

 

“If you are given a chance to kiss your loved one, will you do it?” Irene said while leaning it and waiting for the answer eagerly.

 

“Undoubtedly! But then again I understand it’s not pos-“ Seulgi couldn’t continue her words for Irene was already had her lips attached with Seulgi’s lips. Irene kissed her deeply and tilted her head. She wrapped her hands around Seulgi’s neck and nibbled on Seulgi’s bottom lips.

 

“OH !” Irene’s eyes were widened once she realized what she just did. She pulled away quickly and breathed sharply. Seulgi didn’t react and still had her eyes shut just like before.

 

“One last question.. If Bae Joohyun feels the same way about you, what will you do?” Irene didn’t know where the question came from yet she asked it.

 

“It won’t happen.” Seulgi exhaled deeply.

 

“It is not impossible because even now.. I think I have fallen for you already, Seulgi.” Irene stopped doubting herself.

 

She felt unidentified feelings when she had her lips on Seulgi. She felt her heart beating like crazy, hands sweating, and body trembling. So yes, she had fallen for the woman she used to hate, she used to avoid, but what could she do for her logic betrayed her heart and that she was powerless to defend herself from falling for Seulgi? Love chose a person, not vice versa anyway. Deep inside, Irene knew if she didn’t think about the gender, Seulgi was a perfect person to be fallen with.

 

“Okay.. enough with this.. Seulgi-ah, do you understand me? Can you hear me clearly? Nod twice if you do.” Irene braced herself and ordered Seulgi. Seulgi obediently did as Irene told her and nodded two times.

 

“Good. When I snap my fingers twice, you will wake up and not remember a thing. Nod twice if you understand.” Irene again demanded and Seulgi nodded twice. Irene leaned back to her seat and upheld Seulgi’s seat back. She then snapped her fingers twice and it made Seulgi gain her soberness little by little.

 

“Seul. Seulgi-ah~” Irene put her best acting and nudged Seulgi’s arm.

 

“Uh.. Oh.. What happened?” Seulgi fluttered her eyes open slowly.

 

“I told you to pull away because I felt thirsty and wanted to buy myself a drink, but as soon as the car stopped, you fainted and just conscious now.” Irene said the white lies.

 

“Is that what happened?” Seulgi frowned, trying to remember but surely it failed miserably.

 

“Yeah.. that’s what happened. Are you okay, though? Do you feel dizzy or something?” Irene placed her palm on Seulgi’s forehead and in reflex, Seulgi gasped and back away.

 

“I am okay.” Irene pouted when Seulgi dodged her indirectly.

 

“Oh good. So, can you continue driving me home? I need to get back as soon as possible.” Irene flatly told Seulgi.

 

“Alright.” Seulgi knew from the start that Irene never liked her, so it was normal to see her treated Seulgi coldly. Little did Seulgi knew that Irene’s feelings had changed drastically; from hate to love; from despise to needy; from strict to spoiled. Only for Seulgi. Not any words said during the journey and in no time, they arrived in Irene’s apartment complex.

 

“Thank you for the dinner and for driving me home, Seulgi. I hope we can do this again in the future.” Irene stood up in front of the entrance with Seulgi standing right in front of her nervously.

 

“Don’t mention it.” Seulgi timidly replied.

 

“This is my number. I don’t care whether you want to throw it away on your way home later or not, but I insist you to accept it.” Irene took Seulgi’s hand and placed her number inside Seulgi’s palm.

 

“I will see you around, Seulgi. Don’t be a stranger~” Irene stepped forward and engulfed Seulgi in a short hug. Seulgi was too surprised to react.

 

“Bye~” Irene ran a little. She felt her cheeks warm and redden. She was in love. Oh yes, she was in love for real now.

 

“B-bye…” Seulgi stammered and waved to no one since Irene had entered since seconds ago.

 

“Oh my weak heart.. Poor you~” Seulgi rubbed her beating heart tenderly and tried to control her breath. What Irene did to her just now had triggered her overdue rusty love for Irene. It bloomed again, and developed much deeper than before.

 

“This is no good. You really have to avoid her for real, Seulgi. I need to contact Yeri and ask for her friend’s number. I hope she is still single and available.” Seulgi told herself, assuming that she needed a distraction to prevent her from falling deeper for Irene. And yes, she knew better than herself that her feelings for a woman named Bae Joohyun never faded away. She exhaled a long sigh before climbing the driver seat and drove away.

---

 

“So I heard that you met Irene the other day and even drove her home. Tell me more about it, would you?” Yeri sipped her coffee gracefully while had her leg crossed on top of her other leg.

 

“You did?! How could you not tell us about it?! And how could you know while I don’t!?” Sooyoung pouted. She cut her croissant and brought it to using the fork.

 

“I have my connections, Soo while you? You only have food as your best friends.” Yeri stuck out her tongue while Sooyoung pouted deeply and continued munching the meal.

 

“So? We are waiting, Seul.” Seulgi stopped chuckling when Yeri told her that.

 

“I did meet her. Wendy arranged a dinner and I didn’t know that Joohyun would come. I was so shocked but it would be impolite if I left so yeah.. We proceeded with the dinner and I drove her home.” Seulgi shared the story with her friends.

 

“That’s all??? Is there anything else? Come on, Seul~ We are adults here and not that stupid.” Sooyoung protested with foods inside , making the crumb splashed to Yeri’s face.

 

“YAAHH!!” Yeri hit Sooyoung’s shoulder.

 

“Soffrryyy~” More crumbs went out from .

 

“You are disgusting.” Yeri hissed and took the clean napkin to clean herself.

 

“Time passed yet your relationship never withers. I envy you, guys~ You both are so in love with each other.” Seulgi commented as she stirred her latte with a teaspoon.

 

“Don’t even remind me how I could fall for her~ If I could repeat the time, I would never-“ Sooyoung cut Yeri’s words as she leaned in and pecked her girlfriend’s lips.

 

“I love you.” Sooyoung giggled.

 

“Sighed. I love you too, Soo.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter