Snap Snap

Marionette
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Ms. Irene, are you busy?” Irene’s secretary named Krystal knocked on her door and asked.

 

“Not really. I just finished with the patient. Come in and take a seat. I will first wake her up.” Irene gestured Krystal to sit and the secretary nodded.

 

“Now, take a very deep breath. Inhale slowly and exhale. Relax your body, let your brain rest. Nod your head twice if you can hear me clearly and understand what I’m saying.” Irene used her skill to hypnotize the patient and now was trying to end the session. The patient nodded her head twice and it made Irene smile.

 

“When you hear claps, your eyes will automatically open and your consciousness will be back. Nod your head twice if you understand.” The girl again nodded.

 

“Krystal, will you please clap your hands for me?” Irene turned to her secretary. Krystal did as her boss said and clapped her hands. Soon the girl woke up and fluttering her eyes open.

 

“Welcome back, Suzy!” Irene greeted her with her widest smile.

 

“Uhmm.. Where am I?” Suzy scratched her head innocently.

 

“You forget where you are, don’t you? Did you even remember what you were aiming for by coming to here?” Irene chuckled beautifully.

 

“You are Irene Bae, right? I think I remember now. I came here to stop my smoking habit. So, when will you heal me by get me hypnotized under your spell?” Suzy again asked obliviously.

 

Krystal smiled a bit. It wasn’t the first time she witnessed how Irene’s patient would totally forget about the things Irene did to her/him. However, it didn’t mean what Irene did would be useless. They would need to go back again and visit Irene several times, depended on each person resistance toward the hypnotize method. Some would need to visit Irene about 5 times while some wouldn’t even need to come back since they were already healed completely. Anyhow, no one would come back after the 5th visits. Irene was known for her ability after all. There was no patient that could fight her power to hypnotize.

 

“I just did! Let’s see the result in one week. You said you could even finish 2 – 3 boxes of cigarettes in a day. Hopefully, starting this afternoon, your habit would change gradually.” Irene smiled and continued writing about the patient’s condition on her notes.

 

“You did? When? How?” Suzy looked confused.

 

“It wouldn’t be called hypnosis if you could remember what I did to you, my dear. Look at the time, an hour had passed since you entered my office room, right?” Suzy gasped when she took a glance at her wrist watch.

 

“You are right~ Whoaaa.. you are indeed the best hypnotherapy doctor, Unnie! Well then, what should I do next?” Suzy sat up. She asked Irene as she was trying to put on her shoes back.

 

“Actually, you should do nothing. Let the miracle does it to your body. Just make sure you will inform me the changes you experience every single day. I want to know the progress.” Irene said.

 

“When should I go back here again?” Suzy asked.

 

“Next week.” Irene replied shortly.

 

“How many times do you think I should visit you until I can stop smoking completely? I am afraid my body is not as health as I used to be. I am still young so I don’t want to suffer a lung cancer.” Suzy sighed.

 

“Don’t worry, dongsaeng. Keep praying and trying. Let God do the rest. As for your question; it depends on the progress. If the progress proceeds nicely, I think next week will be your last visit.” Irene encouraged the patient and patted her shoulder.

 

“Really? Whoa! My parents will be delighted to hear it! Thanks’ a lot, Unnie!” Suzy hugged Irene while grinning.

 

“You are welcome.” Irene replied.

 

“I will go home now and make sure that I will inform you my progress every single day. See you next week, Unnie!” Suzy ecstatically exclaimed and waved her hand to Irene and Krystal before she left the practical room.

 

“Every patient loves you, don’t they?” Krystal suddenly said. She watched Irene made her way back to her table. The older woman pulled the chair and sat before smiling at Krystal.

 

“Anyway, Wendy unnie is here to meet you. She said she would wait in the canteen on the lobby. She told me to ask you to come and meet her there.” Krystal informed.

 

Krystal was Wendy’s younger sister while Wendy was Irene’s best friend since forever. Krystal just graduated from her university last month and Irene offered her to work as her secretary since her secretary before just resigned for being pregnant. Both, Krystal and Wendy came from a rich family and that’s why, salary wasn’t very important for Krystal, as long as she could enjoy her work. Fortunately, Irene was far from being stingy that she treated Krystal as her own sister.

 

“Oh, doesn’t she have work today?” Irene asked while checking for her phone in case there were unread messages or missed calls.

 

“She has but Wendy is always being a Wendy. She can come and go to work as she pleases. It’s Daddy’s company anyway.” Krystal shrugged.

 

“Yeah.. I wonder why you prefer to work with me, merely being my assistant slash secretary when you can be a manager or even vice president in the near future.” Irene saw the message coming from Wendy, saying she wanted to meet Irene.

 

“”Like I have said so many times, unnie. Money is not everything for me. I want to work in place where I can enjoy myself and not being treated as lady just because of Daddy’s power.” Krystal explained.

 

“It’s different with Wendy unnie though. She too prefers to work on her own, opening her own business like boutique or being a wedding planner but Dad won’t allow her. She is the biggest child so she has to sacrifice her own dream if she wanted me to be free in choosing my occupation.” Krystal added.

 

“Yeah.. I know. She is a nice sister for you, isn’t she? Even she looks cold from outside but deep inside, she has a very genuine heart.” Irene complimented her best friend.

 

“Yep, unlike the rebellious sister I have that keep me waiting in the lobby instead of persuading you to come and greet me.” Wendy walked arrogantly into Irene’s office room. The door hadn’t been closed since Suzy left the room ealier.

 

“Hi to you too, unnie! Sorry, I kind of forgot you were waiting for Irene unnie.” Krystal grinned widely, secretly asked her sister to forgive her.

 

“Bla bla bla~ You know how much I hate people who keep me waiting. Be thankful that you are my sister and you are my best friend, Bae.. Or else~” Wendy didn’t need to say what she would do to should they were not valuable in Wendy’s eyes. The glare was more than enough to make the soft hairs on their body stood up obediently.

 

“Err.. I think I will go and have my lunch outside with my friends. I will see you later, Irene unnie.” Krystal abruptly stood up and walked briskly to the door.

 

“Who are your friends?” Wendy’s demanding voice sent chills to Krystal entire organs.

 

“You know, Amber and Luna. My high school best friends that you met on my birthday party last year.” Krystal tried to answer the question as detail as possible since first, Wendy tended to forget things easily and secondly, because Wendy didn’t like to accept raw information that would be useless for her.

 

“Oh I do remember. Say hi to your friends and don’t speed up, okay? Drive carefully.” Wendy reminded. Krystal muttered a quick yes and left the room.

 

“So, what brings you here?” Irene started the conversation.

 

“I’m bored with work. I practically do nothing yet I need to attend every day, join the meetings just to hear people talking nonsense about mining condition, shares, and political condition globally. I mean, come on! We both know that I have interest in designing clothes or interior but Dad made me do this work that totally not related with what I love.” Wendy complained.

 

“You know, property business is good lately and your Dad is old already. He is healthy and still looks strong but age never lies, Wan. Try to see from his point of view and understand his reasons. He doesn’t have any inheritor if not you. If you selfishly decided to follow your instinct, Krystal would be the one to inherit your Dad’s company.” Irene talked as she stood up and prepared the drink for Wendy. She poured the champagne into the crystal glass and added two blocks of ice before giving it to her friend. She then made one for herself and sat on the table in front of Wendy.

 

“I know that, Tiff. I don’t want Krystal to experience the same thing. I want her to chase her dream and be free. She can choose whatever she wants but I wonder why she ended up being your assistant.” Wendy leaned back and crossed her leg on top of the other.

 

“I just asked your sister the same thing. She said she wanted to work where she can enjoy herself. I don’t know. Maybe, your sister just hasn’t found what her real dream is. She is still young, Seungwan-ah. Let her have her freedom to choose for now.” Irene sipped her drink. She put it on the table and hopped off to go back to her seat behind her desk.

 

“I will do that. I will give her one more year. If she still insists that her dream is being your personal assistant, I myself will be the one who drag her out of your office and hire her under my supervision. I will make her be at least an assistant manager. And please avoid calling my Korean name often.” Wendy said. She emptied her glass and put it back on the table.

 

“Do what you think best for her, Wan. I know you love her so much that you want only the best for her future.” Wendy nodded at Irene’s statement.

 

“By the way, I met your most loyal secret admirer on my way here.” Wendy changed the topic.

 

“Who?” Irene tapped her chin while thinking.

 

“Don’t tell me it’s that Kang Seulgi!” Irene covered while gasping.

 

“Yep! That same Kang Seulgi. But, she is different now. Not that different, but she has changed, Irene.” Wendy looked at the ceiling while trying to remember Seulgi’s feature when she saw her hours ago.

 

“It’s not that I care about her changes anyway~” Irene rolled her eyes.

 

Seulgi or full name was Kang Seulgi was the most loyal admirer of Irene. Irene could remember clearly about Seulgi since she used to follow her everywhere when she was young. Seulgi was a child, a cute and introvert one she met during her childhood time. She was in the same school with Seulgi in the kindergarten. Irene was known as a bossy and loud kid while Seulgi was vice versa. She was a timid kid who looked so weak and helpless that people or you could say kid loved to bully her.

 

They would hide Seulgi’s bag, pushed Seulgi until the girl landed on the floor harshly, and such. Irene hated seeing her being bullied. She didn’t have any feelings for Seulgi nor did she deliberately want to help Seulgi. She just disliked seeing bad people do evil things, moreover when they were still kids. Irene’s father was a lawyer and Irene had always known that her father stood for the right things; that he would defend any innocent people from being judged and punished wrongly. That’s why Irene never liked things weren’t at its right place. Bullying was one of those things Irene hated.

 

One day, Irene was busy reading a book when she heard kids yelling at no one but Seulgi. Without second thought, she stood up and defended Seulgi. She yelled back at the kids and threatened them that she would report it to the teacher if the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter