Chapter 1: Introduction

~The game~

Lee Hyukjae (Eunhyuk)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

- Possesses the darkness element

- Kind, but goes berserk when angry

- Finds out that he himself possesses the darkness element when he was 4 years old

- Lost his family in a incident

Past

Hyukjae’s Pov 

             I looked at my father, all bloodied up, still being fiercely attacked by the one which I called my friend. I shuddered in fear, as my mother quickly took me to a safe area. I was still shaken at the sight of my father; I could not believe Huri who I once called my friend is now heartlessly killing my father. We were the best of friends, I could tell her all my secrets but never did I once thought that she would betray me. I brought my legs to my chest and sobbed silently.

         My mother went to hug me and said softly, “Hyukjae, it’s time to tell you the truth, it may not be a good time now, but it’s better to tell it now. Actually we are not normal beings at all; we are much more advanced and stronger than humans, you may call us superior to them. We possess elements, elements that can make the world unbalanced. A group of being is now trying to use the elements to conquer the world, and make them invincible. But no matter what the cost is, we must stop this catastrophe from happening. We the Lee family possesses three kind of elements; darkness, light and lightning. We have the darkness element, the element that is uncontrollable. Your father and I will not be able to join you in your journey already, you have to fend for yourself from now onwards. As you may guess that Huri is one of the minions working for the group who wish to conquer the world. I want you to be careful, with you having your element; a lot of people will come and find trouble with you. Remember your best technique, smile at whatever is thrown at you because you must understand me and your father will always love you. You are the best thing we could ever have in our lives. When I go out, I want you to run as fast as you can away from here, go to your uncle’s house, pass this letter to him and never come back.”

          She kissed my forehead softly; tears started trickling down from my eyes. I squirmed under her hug, not wanting to let her go. My mother looked at me, tears b full in her eyes and said softly “remember I will always love you.” I looked at her longingly and mumbled “mummy stays with me please…please…don’t leave me…” She looked at me with sorrowful eyes and stood up, leaving me lying on the ground, sobbing uncontrollably. She walked to the door and said “Go when you have the chance, I am going to distract Huri for you…I’m sorry…we will always watch over you.”

          She walked out of the door leaving me alone in the cruel world; I did not want to leave but, I could not allow my parents sacrifice to be wasted. I ran out of the house, and heard slashing noise, I turned around and saw a blood stained window with a furious Huri; tears reluctantly trickled down my face again. I quickly scrambled away from the pathway when I heard the door opening and dashed down the streets. The lovely and warm house that I once lived in seemed so dark and haunting now, rain started pouring on me as my tears merged with the rain. I quickly ran into the alley and sat down reminiscing the good moments that I had with my parents. But I knew that I had to fend for myself, like what my parents told me. I looked at the dark sky and reached out to touch the sky which looks so near yet it’s so far, thinking “dad, mum look after me please…I hate both of you for leaving me behind but…there is nothing I could do to change it, it’s fate isn’t it.”

           I sighed out unhappily, my tears stopped, while the drops of rain still continued dropping and started blurring my vision but I stood up and started running to my uncle’s house. I reached my uncle’s house and knocked the door. A familiar figure opened the door and warm brown eyes looked at me who was all messy and fragile. The familiar figure gasped and quickly lifted me up with his arms, took me into the house and started sprouting all sorts of question. Tears started falling from my eyes again when I handed my dripping with water letter to him. He took the letter and started reading it. His friendly face turned dark as he looked at me sadly, his warm hand patted my head and tears also started falling as he grieved for his lost brother.

           Suddenly black tendrils started coming out from the ground, grabbing anything that was close to it and smashing it to the ground. My powers of darkness were activated; I had lost my consciousness due to the hatred that I had towards the group of beings. I hated everything, it was suppose to be a normal day but this happened. I didn’t realize anything happening, just clouding myself in my own grief of losing my parents I created a strong barrier when suddenly something bright pierced through the barrier, I snapped out of my thoughts. My uncle was holding onto something round which was shining ever so brightly. I looked around and saw what ruckus I did, the grief of losing my parents got to me, I felt so useless so pathetic, not being able to protect them. Tears started dripping down when suddenly, my uncle hugged me tightly, I felt so tired, my head feeling so heavy. I leaned towards my uncle’s shoulders as warmth enveloped me and I fell into a deep sleep falling into the oblivion of grief.

 

 

 

Author's note:
Thanks for reading :D . It's the first time i'm writing fan-fics.

I will be writing about Donghae next but i would like to know who would you like next after Donghae so you readers can just comment about who you want next and i will choose the one who is most popular as the next character (:
It will go in couple form, for example; if you choose Kibum i will also write Siwon with it :D Thank you!