Break-up Agent (Part 1)

Unfrozen Couple
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A tall guy dressed in a perfectly fitted tux entered a cafe, a folder clutch in his hand. Aura emanates his professionalism.

A typical scene as he looked around the small cafe - the fragrant aroma reminding him of his mother's spice cupboard, whispers of customers as they respect the peacefulness, and there in the middle of them all, a woman gracefully sipping her coffee. 

He opened the folder to confirm the identity of the woman he was meeting, courtesy of his client. He walks his way to the sophisticated woman in the middle of the cafe, occupying a table supposed to be for a group- silently telling everyone around her is not at her level. Her confidence seeped, causing customers to sit in the corners instead of occupying the tables near her. 

On a mission, he pulled out a chair across from her and placed the file on the table. His assumption about her was right when she raised her brows at him, wondering who the hell had this courage to be near her. 

Oh crap, she's beautiful. Too bad I'll be breaking her heart. 

He adjusted the lapel of his suit before opening the folder in front of her. "Hello. I-"

"Excuse me?" Her voice unexpectedly ruined his facade. 

Her gaze locked on him. Gone were her furrowed brows except for a completely innocent and curious look. He gulped when his eyes landed on as she the trace of cupcake on her lips. Discreetly, he adjusted his pants. Yeah, he's attracted.

How the hell could someone be with just a voice? 

Clothes scattered, hungry kisses, her obvious smooth skin, his hands exploring her curvy and body - Damn. 

He shook his head as his mind drifted to forbidden thoughts and unconsciously opened the tumbler near him, thankful that it was cold. No, Insung. You can't her. Especially she'll be leaving in tears today. 

He cleared his throat, ignoring the goddess amusedly looking at him as if she knew how her beauty gave a good morning greeting to his .

"Hello, Song Jihyo-ssi. I am Jo Insung from Break-up Agency, hired by Mr. Baek Chang Joo. I am here to deliver a message from him."

"Break-up Agency?"

"Yes. We are hired if someone cannot break-up with his/her partner personally." 

"Considering that you're here, talking to me. You mean to tell me that my boyfriend paid you to break-up with me." 

He confidently nodded. He took note of her calm demeanor. That won't last. 

He tilted his head in confusion when a small grin appeared on her face. "He has the money to pay you?" 

"Obviously. So I'll contin-."

She giggled and he huffed in annoyance. He's starting to think that the sophistication and gracefulness are all for an act. "Oops. Sorry. I just can't believe that he afford to pay for whatever kind of service this is. He can't even pay for our dates. How petty. Go on, humor me."

"I'll be delivering his message now. We honor our job and the requests of our clients. So please think that you're actually talking to your boyfriend." He exhaled when she finally settled. He tried his best to distract himself from her slender neck and how her low ponytail beautifully highlighted it. Her features are more defined due to the soft-framing touch of the edgy bangs. 

She nodded so he finally opened the folder containing the printed copy of his client's letter of break-up for the woman in front of him. 

Insung cleared his throat. "Baby...-"

"Hold on." Her eyebrows raised. "Do you really need to call me like that?" 

"I'm just reading the letter, miss."

Despite her confusion, she reminded herself that this is his job and nothing malicious intent behind. "Okay, continue whatever excuses that has." 

Noticing that she's now willingly listening, he wasted no time to read. "Baby, believe me, I loved you. But -"

"Huh. No prologue. Damn straight with the buts."

He just bit the inside of his cheek, ignoring once again her interruption. "But this past months, it's becoming hard to continue loving you." He discreetly glanced yet her expression remained passive. 

"As months passed since you get your dream promotion, I barely felt you in my life. A lot are saying how come I was able to handle you, knowing your difficult personality.-"

He paused when he saw a flicker of hurt in her eyes which was immediately hidden. He didn't miss it but he has been doing this job since he was a teenager until he became a full time break-up agent. He's now an expert in reading whatever emotion their subjects have when their reading the letters. 

"You are to keen in proving that you are an independent and successful career woman that you became oblivious of how you're hurting the people around you. Your job becomes your life. I asked you to marry me last week but you rejected me heartlessly. You are so -" 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter