Chapter 8

Time To Love [Hiatus]

Sunghee was waiting in the lifeguard headquarters for her brother. Sungjong burst through the door, laughing with his hyungs. He spotted Sunghee, "Oh, Sunghee-ah." Sunghee looked up.

Sunghee stood up and bowed politely at Sungjong's friends. Just as she was about to introduce herself, she spotted L awkwardly staring at some random spot on the ceiling. She rolled her eyes inwardly at him. "Annyeonghaseyo, choneun Sunghee imibnida. I'm Jong's yeoja chingu."

Sunghee shot the evil eye to both Sungjong and Sungyeol to tell them to shut up. They quickly closed their mouths as his hyungs . Behind them, L scoffed, "Girls these days. Move on so fast." Sunghee was about to interject when Sungjong stepped between them, "The hyungs and I are going to eat. Wanna join us?"

Sunghee and Sungyeol's faces lit up at the mention of food. They nodded eagerly. "Is it ok?" Sungjong clarified with his hyungs. A guy with small eyes nodded, "Of course. We can get to know your girlfriend better. We didn't know maknae had one." Sungjong awkwardly laughed a dinosaur looking guy playfully pinched him in the arm.

As they walked to a nearby BBQ shop, they introduced themselves. They were surprised to find that Sunghee had just come back from the States. She explained, wove a white lie, that they had met earlier when she came back during the break. They fell in love and he asked he out. At tht point, Sunghee entwined their hands and glared at her oppa. A glare that was mistaken as a gaze full of love.

Sungjong's eyes bulged out so he looked like a frog, Sungyeol choked and the water in his mouth was sprayed onto L, who was opposite him, just as L was about to scoff. L wiped off the water with a disgusted expression. He shot his hyung a killer glare as the latter shrunk back behind. Sunghee leaned in front of Sungyeol and gave L her own killer glare. She raised an eyebrow as if to say "What ? You mess with him, you mess with me."

The rest laughed softly as they stared at the two battled. Hoya whispered, "This is so cool. I vote for L" He took out a 5 won note. Soon, the group split, only Sungjong and Sungyeol voted for Sunghee. "You guys don't know her. She won't give up," Sungyeol scoffed but was shushed as they continued to stare at the electricity sparks shot at each other.

"Maknae, make me one," Sunggyu abused his authority as the captain and ordered the former around. Unable to talk back against his hyung, Sungjong grumbled as he filled a cabbage leaf with some beef, some sauce and a piece of garlic. Orders started pouring in and an idea formed in his head. "Every order 10 won," he called out. His hyungs muttered unhappily and pulled out a few notes to place on his outstretched hands, not wanting to break away from the competition.

Eventually, the rest got tired of just staring the two glare at each other. L wanted to look away and just eat to satify his hunger pangs but his pride coaxed him, "Come on. You going to lose to a girl? If it was one of your would be hyungs or Jong, it would be fine. Wait, they wouldn't even dare challenge you." His pride started to laugh.

Suddenly, another voice countered. It was L's concience, "No, you should eat. Look at stomach." At tht point, his stomach grumbled. "So what if you lose? It's not the end of your life!" his concience shouted. "It is!" his pride screamed into his ear.

"Is not!"

"Is!"

"Is not!"

"Is!"

"Is not!"

Sick of the voices, L cupped his ears and screamed, "Dakchigo!" The whole restuarant turned to him in shock. He looked up and realised that everyone was looking at him. L sheepishly laughed and scratched the back of his head. Seeing that nothing was wrong, everyone turned back their meals. L's eyes met with Sunghee's smug ones. "What?!" he snapped. Sunghee smiled on him, "I win."

L's jaw dropped open as he watched Sunghee extend her hands to collect her winnings from the rest. "I should have bet on Sunghee-sshi, " Hoya grumbled. She just flashed a smile and split her winnings among her 'boyfriend' and best friend.

Feeling happy and generous, Sunghee declared that she would foot the bill. The rest of the guys cheered except for Sungjong. "She'll be using my money," he groaned as he buried his head in his hands.


Haha... I'm back~~~~~~~~

Time to hobo in front of the computer. I've no school tomorrow so I can update again.