the dinner

Suddenly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyejin: "God! They really have the best samgyupsal in Seoul! This is soo good, I want to take it to bed!"

With a sly grin, Byul confidently asked.

Byul: "Me or the samgyupsal?"

Wheein: "Unnie! Jingle bells!"

Yongsun smacks Byul's arm with a grimace on her face.

Yongsun: "YA! Byulah, get a hold of yourself." 

Hyejin takes another piece of the meat and puts it in .

Hyejin: "The samgyupsal."

The other three stopped talking and looked at Hyejin as she continued to enjoy her food. Wheein and Yongsun's shoulders started shaking, trying hard not to laugh. Unfortunately as soon as the two made eye contact, both their efforts went out the window. Yongsun let out her signature dolphin laugh and Wheein joined in with her loud cackle.

Byul: "Moon Hyejin! You take that back right now!"

Ignoring Byul, the trio kept exchanging high-fives and continued to tease their favorite hamster.

An hour later...

The group finally finished cleaning up and have moved on to the living room with their respective drink of choice, some fruits, and chips.

Byul: "I'm glad we did this. Hyejin and I had a tough week in the office. We just hired three new employees and training them has been taking the bulk of our time. We spent the last two days catching up on all the other tasks that we've neglected for the past two weeks."

Hyejin: "Seriously though, I was so stressed. I actually started to stress-eat!"

The three looked at Hyejin like they just heard the most absurd thing in the world. Realizing what she said, Hyejin started to giggle while trying to explain herself.

Hyejin: "It's true! Yesterday, I had three pancakes for breakfast. Then when I got to work, I grabbed two granola bars from the pantry. For lunch, I had galbi-jjim and two bowls of rice! At around three, Byul and I stepped out to go get coffee. I ended up getting a croissant at that cafe. In the middle of my last meeting for the day, I realized I was munching on some crackers. I don't even remember when I grabbed it. And then finally for dinner, i made a big batch of shrimp pasta for Byul and I and we finished the whole thing!"

Wheein: "Honestly, hyejinah. This isn't that far away from your typical daily food intake."

The conversation continued, and so did the flow of alcohol.

Hyejin: "So, Yongsunnie, what's new with you?

Yongsun took a sip of her drink. She's on can number two, which to be honest, is enough to get her talking with zero filter.

Yongsun: "Uh well, I just finished finalizing the last details of the the project we're working. We're releasing a new version of the action camera in the Summer. Byul, I'll make sure to grab you a unit before it becomes available to the public!"

Byul: "Oh yeah! New gear! Let's go!"

Hyejin: "Baby! How much have you had to drink? Your decibels are slowly rising! Anyway, that's really great, Unnie! Congratulations! I'm sure it's going to be a successful launch!

Yongsun: "Thanks, Hyejin!"

Hyejin: "Are you going to take some time off? You really should! You've been working non-stop for years. You need to take a break and go some place warm and peaceful!"

Yongsun: "I can't, there's—"

Hyejin: "No, no, no, no, no. A trip would be good for you and you know it! You deserve it! You know what, I'm going to book you a trip right now!"

Hyejin grabbed her phone and within a few clicks, she has booked a flight and accommodation in Bali for Yongsun to go to at the end of next month.

Hyejin: "Done! Already emailed you the details."

Yongsun: "I can't! It's really busy at work! I can't just go."

Hyejin: "Yes, yes you can! They can function without you for a week. Yongsunnie, please!"

Hyejin, Byul, and even Wheein looked at her with hopeful eyes. She knew Hyejin was right. So after a few minutes of internal debate...

Yongsun: "Okay, okay! You guys win! Thank you, Hyejin. I'll pay you."

Hyejin: "No unnie, think of it as our gift to you. Just relax and have a good time! Bring me back a monkey if you can."

Wheein continued to enjoy her drink while watching her friends talk. She's had quite a few shots and she's definitely starting to feel a bit warm.

Yongsun: "There's nothing I could say to make you change your mind is there?"

Hyejin: "NOPE! Now, enough about work! Are you seeing anyone? Whatever happened to that guy Byul introduced to you?"

Yongsun: "Ahhh, Changsub? He was nice. We actually went out a few times. He was smart and funny and I enjoyed hanging out with him, but..."

Wheein: "...there was no spark?"

Yongsun looked over at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter