Chapter 9- Meet the "Parents" Part 2

We Got Married (TaeMin and You version)

Your POV

Taemin and I practiced one round of our dance for my 24hour unnies and oppas and of our song for the SHINee oppas. Thank goodness my walls were soundproof. Sometimes, I sing along with my favorite tunes and create a concert inside my room, which turns the whole room into a big mess. The unnies would always get mad at me.

Taemin and I gulped. We were now supposed to perform in front of them.

Taemin held the door knob and opened the door. Here goes nothing.

The unnies were waiting expectantly outside. The oppas were staring at us as if we did something interesting inside. They all laughed.

"So, what did you two do there?" Ju Rin unnie winked. She was laughing hard.

I blushed. I knew what they were thinking. "I-it's not like that, unnie!" I tried to defend myself. I couldn't look at Taemin. This was embarrassing. 

Taemin just held my hand and walked forward to the unnies and oppas. He sure is brave.

"Noonas and hyungs," He bowed. "We're going to do a presentation just for you."

Everyone clapped and cheered. I gulped and closed the lights. I put the CD on our CD player. The music was loud enough.

The dance started with Taemin. He was wearing a shirt Donghae oppa brought with him. It glowed (more like it had lights or something). Since the lights were closed, and the sun was still up, the shirt made a great impact. It didn't shine that brightly, making it easily viewable. He was dancing to Michael Jackson's Black or White. I was thinking of my dance later on after Taemin. Gosh. I'm so gonna kill him.

Taemin only danced til the chorus, and the song switched again smoothly. SHINee's Hello played, and Taemin sang along but at the same time, danced along to it. I put on the "essential thing" and stopped in front of Taemin.

This is gonna be crazy. 

I was wearing "cat ears" that we bought along the way to our dorm. The music was playing. My heart was beating fast. I was very nervous. But, these are just my unnies and oppas. I'm sure they'll respect me. Hopefully.

I was dancing to Dal Shabet's Supa Dupa Diva. Taemin told me to do my aegyo, so I winked at my unnies. They laughed, and I got really embarrassed. After dancing to the chorus, Taemin danced Juliette beside me. Just then, Run Devil Run played. I acted like a really mean girl, and as if I was going to beat Taemin up. He winked at me. I just rolled my eyes at him.

Then, for the last performance, we danced to Beyonce's "Single Ladies''. I know. Totally not into the story. There's actually a story in the dance itself, but adding this one? It made completely no sense. But, Taemin and I were willing to make ourselves a laughing stock. We were a couple and we're in this together after all.

Taemin was so flexible! His body was just too soft! I mean...you get the picture. I was laughing along,too. Lee Taemin dancing to Beyonce? Imagine it yourselves, fans. 

We bowed at the end of our performance. The oppas were laughing at us, but they were clapping. I guess they were really entertained by that Beyonce dance. The unnies were laughing,too, but they had a different reaction. They're like "Aww. How cute of them" or something like that. Something like what ahjummas would gossip about. Taemin kissed my cheek again, But I was used to it. I just punched his shoulder hardly as revenge.

"I like the story!" Hee Rin unnie squealed. She was really the hopeless romantic of the group. "It's like a love story!"

"Yeah," Taemin said in reply. "It was specially choreographed to express the..erm..love story. But, the Beyonce..." He hesitated to say it at first. "It's not part of the story."

I laughed. "His idea."

He whacked my head.

The unnies and oppas congratulated us for a successful performance. They wanted to treat us for some sushi, but we told them we're still going to go to the SHINee oppas' dorm. I got my guitar from my room and bid goodbye to them. We went inside the van.

-----------------------------------------

"The hyungs..." Taemin puffed his cheeks at the thought. "They'd probably tease us or maybe even make scandals."

I laughed and tapped his shoulder. "That would be fun, you know. Besides, we can handle that. Surely." I smiled at him.

He smiled back, and sighed. He opened the door to their dorm. 

"Look,hyungs!" A guy with very round eyes pointed at us. Suddenly, other guys went out to see us. There was the Onew oppa that made that bet with Taemin, Key oppa who teased me, and one another guy who pretty much looked like a dinosaur. And, he's the smallest, I think. 

"WOO! Taemin's back!" The dino-looking oppa patted Taemin's back. He turned to face me.

"My name's Kim Jong Hyun, but you can call me Jong Hyun oppa." He greeted and bowed at me. I bowed back. So, this is the ever-famous Jong Hyun oppa who had a girlfriend. 

"You know me, right?" Onew oppa smirked. 

I glared at him. "Onew oppa, you're so harsh."

"Chicken!" Onew oppa shouted. Weird.

Taemin just shrugged. "Onew hyung has this addiction. He's addicted to chicken, and he blurts out the word "chicken" whenever he wants to."

Key oppa approached me. "You silly girl! Take off your shoes when you come here inside. It's dirty! And, why are you wearing cat ears? Take them off!"

Wow. Key oppa is strict. I took off the cat ears from my head (made me look extremely ridiculous). 

The tall guy smiled at me. "Hello, sister-in-law. My name's Choi Min Ho, but you can call me Minho oppa."

The SHINee oppas were very nice. They're fun.

We brought the cake to the table, and everyone started digging in. We had to order a bucket of chickens just for Onew oppa, because he wouldn't eat the cake without eating any chicken. He said it would feel like he betrayed Chicken.

"Hey," I initiated the performance this time. "While everyone's eating, Taemin and I would sing for you guys."

''Duet?" Jong Hyun oppa asked with his mouth full. Key oppa clapped his hands and even cheered.

Taemin took a seat beside me on the sofa. I started plucking the guitar, trying to make the tune right. Then, I started playing.

[Taemin] What happened

After Last Summer

When We broke up

In September

 

[Min Hyeon] I haven't seen you

Feels like a long time

Sometimes it still hurts

But I always get by

 

[Taemin] I still got a piece of you under my skin

[Min Hyeon] It's always there no matter where I've been

 

[Min Hyeon] So if I ever see you on the street

I'll pretend that I didn't see

[Taemin] And turn my face

No use in small talk anyway

 

Because if I look into your eyes

Then I'll have to say goodbye

[Min Hyeon] And that'll break my heart 

So, I won't even start

[Both] I won't even start

 

We finally finished singing the song. We looked at each other, and sighed in relief.

"Wait." Key oppa opposed. "Isn't the song about a break up? I think I saw the lyrics of that song being translated into Korean by a friend.. well, anyways, why don't you sing a love song about falling in love?"

I gulped. A love song about falling in love? I was getting a mind block. Taemin stared at me, and finalyl snapped his fingers.

"Do you know how to play our song "Hello" on the guitar?"

I smiled at him proudly. "Yep."

"Let's sing that. Key hyung's expectations are just too hard to reach." He laughed. I started playing the chords smoothly. Taemin started singing.

Ireol tae reul pomyeon na

eorikinun hangabwa

nunape dugodo eoji haljul mola

 

Eoteoh-gedeul sarangeul

Sijanhago inunji

Sarang-hanun saramdeul

Malhae-juyo

 

Eonjenga Geunyeo soneul

jaba bolnal olkkayo

gameun dunun wie kiss hanun naldo wajolk-kayo

Hello hello

Nareumdero yonggil-aesseoyo

Hello hello

Jamsiyegi halraeyo

Hello hello

Naega jomseo toljin molado

Who knows eojjeom urin

Jal dwil jido mola

The oppas were delighted. They kept complimenting us that our voices were in harmony, even though it was our first time singing it together. They began congratulating Taemin for having such a good wife. Sheesh.

I wanted to do at least the dishes for the oppas. I went to the sink, and started washing it. Key oppa patted my head and told me I'd be a really good housewife. I told him he was wrong. All I ever did was wash the dishes, sweep the floor, and arrange my things. He told me I was just a newly wed, so I would get used to it soon. He smirked at me, and I glared back. He finally left me alone in the sink.

"Min Hyeon?" I heard Taemin's voice from behind. "I came to help." He smiled. I nodded and said thank you to him.

We were very silent. The water running was the only thing that made noise.

"So..." He started. "Thanks for everything today."

"Same to you."

Another awkward silence.

My cell phone just beeped. Then, I laughed. It was a message from Ju Min unnie.

To. Min Hyeon

Ya. Min Hyeon. I still can't believe that someone as cute as your husband can dance to Beyonce. He looked like an ostrich dancing to Beyonce. Super funny.

 

Fr. Ju Min unnie.
 

''What's so funny?" Taemin asked, wiping the plates.

"Ju Min unnie sent a message to tease you." I laughed.

He put the plate in its place and tried to get my phone. "Let me see!"

"No, you don't!" I tried to stop Taemin from getting it, but in the end, fell.

WHAT. IS. THIS.

I could feel his hot breath on my face. He was really close to me. I could see his features very clearly now. He was on top of me, and our lips...were touching.

---------------------

THE END.