AMENDED HEART

AMENDED HEART
Please log in to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 4
Jessica's house. Jasmine is in Jessica's room reading a science book, Jessica comes in with a tray of biscuits and juice.
JESSICA: I am sorry your step-mum is back.
JASMINE: It is okay.
JESSICA: Speaking of your step-mum, what about your biological mother? You have never told me about her before.
JASMINE: She is dead to me.
JESSICA: Why do you say so?
JASMINE: (Drops the book she is reading). My real mother abandoned me for a man because then my dad was broke.
JESSICA: Oh, then why did she marry him?
JASMINE: She was not married to him. According to my dad, he found her at a bar and got intimate with her, from there they started dating and that was how I came into this world. My father proposed to her but she turned him down and after she gave birth to me, she dropped me off at my father's door step and never showed her face again.
JESSICA: I am so sorry.
JASMINE: It is okay Jessy, it is all in the past now.
JESSICA: My own mother never cared about me or my siblings, all she cared about was making money and all these started after my father had died.
JASMINE: You never told me your father died.
JESSICA: He died when I was twelve out of cancer, leaving me, my brothers and my mum pregnant. My mum went through a lot but I am glad she recovered. She needed space.
JASMINE: No wonder she sent you here.
JESSICA: I really miss my dad.
JASMINE: Sometimes I feel like my dad hates me because of my real moth

Please log in to read the full chapter